• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You seem to have a pretty good knowledge of what Aigis should be doing so far, looks good.

As far as criticism goes, I think you need to work on your combos and hitconfirms. Just really grind them out in training mode. I would also work on your neutral game, you get poked a lot just trying to move around. You seem to use throw only defensively, but I can't tell if you were just trying to throw tech or not, haha.

Umby

Smash Master
It was mostly an attempt to grab. I play the Mitsuru often, and these matches were the most I've seen her try to grab, none of which were in the situations where I pressed CD.

Thanks, though. I'm really clueless on neutral. I know there are some moves I want to land, but can't seem to position myself to hit with them and not get stuffed for it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ggs, Crusayer. I felt like you were really unfamiliar with the Kanji matchup, if you want to know stuff just ask.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yea you were the first kanji that knew what they were doing. That and grapplers are my kryptonite.

That guard point dp is really annoying too.

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, one really important thing against Kanji is to remember that if he's in the air fullscreen then crouching is probably a good idea. And of course, burst ASAP if you ever get Fatal Countered.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
?

Crouching beats the air grab? I literally don't know anything about kanji other than that he has tager throws and a guard point DP.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I love fighting bad Kanji's, win by holding down.

How that diving command grab works was the first thing I learned about that matchup.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
All right, interwebs are back. PSN lobby tonight between 9:00-10:00 PM, hit me up here or on PSN if you want an invite.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ggs, you're actually one of the more patient people I've played in this game.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So apparently frame data was released in Japan and it should start showing up online within a few weeks.

Cool, maybe I can finish up some of my current school stuff and play this game again just in time to take advantage of that data. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It was actually released a while ago in a mook or something. Unfortunately, no one has bothered to check its accuracy or translate it yet.

It's been floating around though, I know I've seen Labrys, Elizabeth, and Shadow Labrys.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Crusayer and the other person.

I'm terrible now, lag didn't help either. :/

So, the screen froze on me at the end of one of your matches, before I shut off my game I noticed one of you had my title. Rise was covering most of it but I could see the end of the last word, it wasn't even in the yellow box.

What... :054:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
`-`. The lag didn't feel that bad on my end. Not nearly as bad as some of the people I played in ranked netplay lol

I hope your ps3 is doing okay.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think my PS3 is fine, it's just this game or my connection for some reason. Hopefully Guilty Gear will work better for me because even the tiniest bit of lag will really hurt in that game.

Yeah, the lag wasn't terrible, but I haven't played in about a month so I couldn't even play around it. :/

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well unless GG netplay will be godlike, I don't see it being better than this lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So...after going to my scene's HQ, playing a bunch of P4A matches (and getting to play TTT2 for a bit, which is awesome, yet unrelated as I just wanted to say that) and randomly selecting Narukami, getting off a bunch of random BnB combos I didn't know about/have no idea why I attempted including one 5k Cross Slash one, I'm thinking I may just make him my new secondary instead of Chie. At least...against Kanji at the moment.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I really doubt that the console release of GG will have better netplay than this (or BB's, for that matter). You would probably be better off training moding 4 lyfe. GG just wasn't meant to be played online ever, and even the GGPO version is pretty meh. I'm not trying to be super negative here, but I know I drop combos, hitconfirms, and stuff due to lag, so I'm not holding out hope for being able to pull off FRCs and shizz online.

Probably relevant, P4A was patched: http://shoryuken.com/2012/09/28/per...-unblockable-glitch-and-other-general-issues/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm not hoping for less lag in GG, I know it probably will not be better, I just hope that whatever is causing all my random disconnects in P4A, that wasn't in BB, doesn't find its way into GG.

Lag and an unstable connection would be depressing. :urg:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I really doubt that the console release of GG will have better netplay than this (or BB's, for that matter). You would probably be better off training moding 4 lyfe. GG just wasn't meant to be played online ever, and even the GGPO version is pretty meh. I'm not trying to be super negative here, but I know I drop combos, hitconfirms, and stuff due to lag, so I'm not holding out hope for being able to pull off FRCs and shizz online.

Probably relevant, P4A was patched: http://shoryuken.com/2012/09/28/per...-unblockable-glitch-and-other-general-issues/

It's actually kinda funny that the main fix from the patch is a Yukiko glitch that I never even knew about. At least, I find it funny.

Top Bottom