• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well I'm learning right now, lol.

If that helps your conscience. But it's not the end of the world if you don't join. You seem busy though.

Haha, admittedly it's not that busy. All I'm doing is copy/pasting stuff from SRK into a word document and I've been only half doing it and half being lazy. And don't worry, I always think I'm 'bleh' if I'm not winning every match I play.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs guys. I had to go grab dinner. I'm done for today since I've been playing P4A since 11.
I wished more people showed up from SWF but oh well.

I need to try some more new mixups I've been working on.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
GGs guys. I had to go grab dinner. I'm done for today since I've been playing P4A since 11.
I wished more people showed up from SWF but oh well.

I need to try some more new mixups I've been working on.

Yeah, sorry. I went on, but all of the matches I had were laggy and weird and every single connection I found had the people at 0 bars, so I thought there might have been a server bit. I thought "hey, I'll just try some stuff with Ibuki in AE for a few minutes" and then was like "oh crap, it's been an hour".

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Got a new disc, so now I'm back trying to figure out how to use Aigis. Any good players I should watch to try and get a better idea from?
Xie's probably one of the best Aigis players I've seen (for WC). He'll be at every TRB so you can watch the Levelup stream live or the archives.
Koichi, the GG player, has an amazing Aigis too. You can watch him vs FAB on a first to 10 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwI5w_2Lng&feature=player_detailpage

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Edit: oh....

This is how I feel :<

Except I don't even know how to beat auto comboers hahaha.

Anyone want to play a few right now? Rare free moment for me xD

I'll play you Sakurazaki if you want :3

PSN: Teczero8

I have to uh do a system update because god knows the last time I played this system.

Okay I THINK I'm doing this right, although I'm a total online scrub so only god knows.

Umby

Smash Master

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sakurazaki, just move reasonably fast, control the pace with fans, and when you have the freedom to do so set up the field with Maragi/Agi/D persona zoning.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Haha, some of my wins were because my persona does things and someone didn't pay attention xD.

GGs guys, I had a ton of fun I'm gonna start studying so I had to get off :<

Next time... I should.. probably practice my shadow labrys.. I was trying to practice Chie but oh well.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Room is still up if anyone interested.

I'll stop at 5PM PST.

Sakurazaki, just move reasonably fast, control the pace with fans, and when you

have the freedom to do so set up the field with Maragi/Agi/D persona zoning.
That really helped out, especially the "move reasonably fast" part of it. Thanks :]

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As oki post-B Agi (hold), 5d (release Agi) 4b, then either continue remote pressure with 5c 2c, or recall your persona with 2D, Maragi, or Fire Boost (or Fire Break if you're feeling adventurous).

Alternatively, use 2D or j.D to land the persona behind the opponent, then continue remote pressure with 5c 2c 5d, of which the 5d will actually drag the opponent to you rather than push him away.

Generally 5d is a pretty situational move, though... j.d/2d are far more useful since they hit high and come down from directly above, and their slight delay on hitting means you can set up some high/low unblockables with it.

If for whatever reason the opponent gets anti-air Fatal Countered by 5d, I think you're supposed to run over and start a juggle with 5aa into whatever.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Played at a tournament on the weekend. It was pretty fun, and I didn't do too badly. Still lots to improve though, gonna hit up training mode some more.

Might try to pick up a second character now, just not sure who strikes my fancy.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Played at a tournament on the weekend. It was pretty fun, and I didn't do too badly. Still lots to improve though, gonna hit up training mode some more.

Might try to pick up a second character now, just not sure who strikes my fancy.

Well, there'd be the obvious suggestion of Shabrys, but...as a Yukiko main I'm not a fan (*insert rimshot here*) of that matchup. You could just try Yu or hell, Teddie if you wanted.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think I'll try a bunch of different characters. I've played around with most of them at this point, but I would like someone with a fairly simple gameplan. Maybe Yu or Mitsuru.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Sion and Sakurazaki. I think I'm getting the Shabrys matchup down now.
Still trying to find what I can 5A after IBing, so I ate too many resets. :(

Thanks for the invite, Minato. I'm gonna pass though, I'm playing with some friends offline.
No problem. I might do one more or so of these this week, I haven't decided.
It's my last week of summer vacation so we'll see.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Ggs. Sry I had to leave so early. Had to do some work.

P4A is the first 2D fighter I've tried playing extensively, so I still have a lot to learn. I'll be hitting training mode the next upcoming days trying to work on more setups, among other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aAPQmE_Is&feature=related

I'm sure everyone has watched this or something, but if you feel like using up 30 mins., it'll be worth your while, lol.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm (hopefully) getting my internet access back tonight, and I'm planning on doing a PSN lobby sometime between 9:00-10:00 EST. Hit me up if you want an invite.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, I remember when PSN went down. It was so weird and I felt so disconnected not being to take things online. I think it was the only time I played MGS 4, GTA 4 and stuff. Hell, I beat RE 5 because didn't have anything else on PS3 to do really. Funny how we take internet access for granted till we don't have it.

Top Bottom