• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If anyone tries to message me for matches, I'll probably have to sit out. I'm housesitting at the moment, and I'm stuck on wireless netplay. And no one wants that, haha.

I'll be back in netplay action in a week or so~

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There's an updated version out there: http://pastebin.com/SMrq3Wzp
whattaguy, geez

Thanks, and you're exactly right. Richard's Narukami was way better at pressuring with frame traps and which is something I need to work on.
Punishing at max range and only get me so far, since I won't be able to get a sweep into 5D at that range.

Other than that, I need to learn to stop getting anti-aired so much in this matchup and block those overheads.
I got a runback in casuals later though. Close set again but still lost. lol

Edit: Haha, thanks Dacid. I liked your Akihiko, it was doing things I haven't really seen.
You should work on 5B mix-ups strings. You tend to use purely 5C which is great spacing and very safe but it lacks the offensive spark, and yeah, 5B can be really unsafe, mix it both up. Throw in a 5C, throw in a 5B and a mixup, back to 5C's, you catch my drift. That's just something that I remembered. There's no shame in losing to Richard N :bee:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If anyone tries to message me for matches, I'll probably have to sit out. I'm housesitting at the moment, and I'm stuck on wireless netplay. And no one wants that, haha.

I'll be back in netplay action in a week or so~

*Uses Wireless as doesn't have a ginormous extension cord. Cringes from shot of betrayal.* :smirk:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Good, it's all you wireless players deserve. :smirk:

/jovial jabs

How are you enjoying the game now that you actually have it, Livewire?

Umby

Smash Master
Aigis is really hard to use.
I am...having trouble picking her up myself. I really want to, though. Aside from my goal of eventually being able to use every character, I specifically want to use Aigis because she's my favorite Persona character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You should work on 5B mix-ups strings. You tend to use purely 5C which is great spacing and very safe but it lacks the offensive spark, and yeah, 5B can be really unsafe, mix it both up. Throw in a 5C, throw in a 5B and a mixup, back to 5C's, you catch my drift. That's just something that I remembered. There's no shame in losing to Richard N :bee:
His spacing was good, so I was using 5C kinda as a little breather at times. Sometimes I use it as a frame trap so I can get that CH into big damage. 5B's alright, but I really like 2B. Both can be jump cancelled, but 2B can be done much earlier while 5B's they'll already be out of block stun which means DP. Listening to commentary was helpful for me since it was mentioned that all you can get out of 5B's tip is a slide. It was something I knew about but neglected to work on.

I also need to use dash up jab more. When he did that, it made me really nervous on if he was ready to bait something. :ohwell:
*Uses Wireless as doesn't have a ginormous extension cord. Cringes from shot of betrayal.* :smirk:
Into Mudoon, no less. :mad088:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good, it's all you wireless players deserve. :smirk:

/jovial jabs

How are you enjoying the game now that you actually have it, Livewire?

From the hour I've gotten to play it, it's pretty good so far. Still finding it a bit odd that there's special commands for hop and sweep and there's a bunch combination button normal commands to get used to. Also, it still seems funny to me that pressing Square 5 times leads to Weak-Weak-Weak-Air Kunai-Garrodyne. :cool:

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just letting you all know that you're all invited to join the Mitsu army. We're always recruiting.

We're everywhere.

And we cannot be stopped.

Dacidbro

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I have a question:

If I wanna use a CPU to practice with (no good human players around here), is this situation similar to SSB, in the sense that harder difficulty supposedly means worse habits?

Basically, if I want to improve, should I play on a higher difficulty or not?
If you want to improve, use the record/play feature and set up specific scenarios that occur in real matches. Practice anti airs, defense against strong set ups, how to beat pokes, etc.

This will help infinitely more than the CPU can.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If you want to improve, use the record/play feature and set up specific scenarios that occur in real matches. Practice anti airs, defense against strong set ups, how to beat pokes, etc.

This will help infinitely more than the CPU can.

There's a record/play feature for Training mode and stuff? Niiice. Eat your heart out, SG.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I agree on that too. I've used the record/play feature for so many situations just so I won't get surprised by their range, okis, and get my frame traps down. I haven't had time for a lot of offline practice so this does wonders.
There's a record/play feature for Training mode and stuff? Niiice. Eat your heart out, SG.
Well, let's wait until the patch comes out before saying that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I agree on that too. I've used the record/play feature for so many situations just so I won't get surprised by their range, okis, and get my frame traps down. I haven't had time for a lot of offline practice so this does wonders.

Well, let's wait until the patch comes out before saying that.

Lol, I didn't mean it as an insult or attack, Minato. I actually think it's kind of sad that a large portion of the SG scene has just up and left it like what is sometimes prone to happen with games like it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lol, I didn't mean it as an insult or attack, Minato. I actually think it's kind of sad that a large portion of the SG scene has just up and left it like what is sometimes prone to happen with games like it.
Oh yeah, I know, haha. I'm really looking forward to the patch though. I'm not interested in SG competitively, but I do like the ideas that have resulted from it.
I'm mostly interested in seeing the innovative parts of SG's new training mode.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've heard some good things about it.

Also, I'm considering trying Akihiko or Mitsuru but I'm kind of not sure as it is since I haven't really figured out their playstyle yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, I FINALLY got my hands on the game last night. I rolled in five minutes before closing and picked up the last copy. I'm somewhat turned off of Yosuke by the sheer number of people in my circle that play him, but DAMN he is so cool.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Rutger, can you change my main to Naoto? And hopefully this will be the last time I ask you, haha.

Also, I'm considering trying Akihiko or Mitsuru but I'm kind of not sure as it is since I haven't really figured out their playstyle yet.
They're both kinda RTSD with good frame traps (Mitsuru) and pressure (Akihiko).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Rutger, can you change my main to Naoto? And hopefully this will be the last time I ask you, haha.
Done, do you still want to keep Teddie and/or Labrys?

Don't worry about it if you keep changing characters, I know that feeling. Yosuke will probably stay as my main but I keep gaining subs, I've learned a bit of Aigis and am thinking of trying out Naoto next.

I want to play everyone. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'll keep Naoto and Labrys, thanks!

Haha, I know that feel. Every character is cool, and the more I mess around with other characters, the more I want to play them! It's hard to narrow it down, haha. I feel like I've tried to learn a bit of every character at this point. :I

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Went from Yu -> Labrys -> Akihiko ->Shadow Labrys -> Aigis

Though I think I'll be sticking with Aigis. :I P3 cast too good

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh I guess I should add my name in here by now

PSN: Crusayer
Main: Chie
West Coast

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I should probably add mine to this too. Of course, heads up that it could change a bunch as the game goes on.

PSN: L-W-X
Characters: Brosuke, Chie
Ottawa, Ontario

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm planning on making a lobby at around 4 PST or something.
I'll just send invites to whoever I see on at that time.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Dammit, again?

This netcode, why is it so hard for me to keep a room open, this never happened in BB. :mad088:

Oh well, GGs everyone.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I'm done for now. Too bad P4A's netplay just doesn't seem that stable for far connections as BB's.
GGs though, guys.

Also, I think I might be done for Ranked Matches. After S rank, you won't get any PSR from even C ranked players. Even if I have the filter set to same strength or stronger, I don't get any matches. :ohwell:
I really liked Lord Knight's setups for some stuff. Even something simple like fake sweep into instant overhead looked nice.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Chris Geeeeeee... Why u no 5B-2B-j.5B-j.C-j.236CD-j.5B-j.5A-j.5B-j.5C? At all? It's so simple broseph :^(

I know it's LK's Mitsuru, but you're Chris G, you win everything!

Jokes, LK too good.

Anybody wanna run some sets on xbl tonight? I know we only have 5 people here, but I don't get any good matchup experience out of people who only use their auto combo...

I get home at around 10:15 EST if anyone's interested.

:phone:

Top Bottom