• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be on later tonight. Someone else can host though, since I think it lags when I do.
It also doesn't help if the intro is skipped since the game doesn't synchronize.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Sly Fox
Saffa-LM
Sandy Lake, PA
Main: I'm not too sure. I usually go for random. If you have to put something down, then Yosuke, I guess.

And I love this game... It's amazing, to understate.

Oh, and I'd better mention that I'm a complete newbie to any fighter except SSB.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Sly Fox
Saffa-LM
Sandy Lake, PA
Main: I'm not too sure. I usually go for random. If you have to put something down, then Yosuke, I guess.

And I love this game... It's amazing, to understate.

Oh, and I'd better mention that I'm a complete newbie to any fighter except SSB.
PS3 or 360?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm looking at my profile/ranking card. 6559 is my max damage done online. XD
Also, I noticed PSR isn't too hard to get compared to online ranked matches in SF or Marvel.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So Akihiko Instant Kill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CPUs, might be my best shot at Score Attack.

I had a hell of a time getting past Yosuke, but I could cheese the next two with corkscrew, lost to Teddie though, might have made it too if I didn't mash A one too many times and waste 50 SP.

Oh well, maybe I'll try again when I know good combos. :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So does story mode have any branching paths or are the questions just for show?

I went through Yu's story a second time answering opposite questions but nothing really changed. :/

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
XBL: FPWS
Main: Elizabeth

Love this game love this game love this game!

:phone:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Playing Story mode right now, I just got done playing Yu's and Yukiko's story. Laugh my *** of on Yukiko's joke end, and knowing that Yu is Lelouch from another story,
sister complex
. XD
[FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Anyone watching the P4A stream on leveluplive tonight?

Minato told me he was on it and I barely missed him play :(

Oh crap, I didn't know there was a P4A stream on there. Maybe the stream got archived or something. I know levelupseries has a Youtube, but dunno if it counts as the same thing or whatnot. Just trying to be helpful though.

Edit: For what it's worth, the stream seems to still be on. Biter's vs Dacidbro.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
17th place out of like 91 entrants. Lost to Richard N's Narukami in winners. :ohwell:
He's basically a more refined version of me that also drops less, so it was an awkward match lol. Even the setups and combos were similar. I got blown up by an Elizabeth, which was a matchup I neglected to work on.
I beat two Mitsuru's though, so I'm glad I worked on that the day before.

Wish I got to play Dacid Bro's Akihiko, but I didn't get the chance to.

Edit: Here's my match for anyone interested. http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/328428130
Starts at 2:15:00 or so. I used my DL tag, Rhapsody.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yooo Minato.
I really liked your neutral game. You have a great footsie, baiting and spacing game.

You don't really play a high pressure game, which I think is a good playstyle with Yu (props for making it work), but you let yourself get into pressure situations a bit often imo.

Once again, really enjoyed watching the matches. GGs

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Uh, pretty much what Xonar said I suppose since I can't comment in detail on the P4A mechanic stuff since as of now I still don't have the game. However, I can certainly say you had a lot of clutch moments and good comebacks. It did seem at times that you knew the match a bit better, and uh...not sure if this helps, but the match certainly could've gone either way.

Second Edit: Also, I actually didn't know you had a different DL tag/that you were Rhapsody on it/etc. The more yu know.

Dacidbro

Smash Rookie
Thanks for showing up, Minato, not a bad showing at all! 17 is hard fought with such hard competition. Sorry we didn't get to play. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yooo Minato.
I really liked your neutral game. You have a great footsie, baiting and spacing game.

You don't really play a high pressure game, which I think is a good playstyle with Yu (props for making it work), but you let yourself get into pressure situations a bit often imo.

Once again, really enjoyed watching the matches. GGs
Thanks, and you're exactly right. Richard's Narukami was way better at pressuring with frame traps and which is something I need to work on.
Punishing at max range and only get me so far, since I won't be able to get a sweep into 5D at that range.

Other than that, I need to learn to stop getting anti-aired so much in this matchup and block those overheads.
I got a runback in casuals later though. Close set again but still lost. lol

Edit: Haha, thanks Dacid. I liked your Akihiko, it was doing things I haven't really seen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Thanks, and you're exactly right. Richard's Narukami was way better at pressuring with frame traps and which is something I need to work on.
Punishing at max range and only get me so far, since I won't be able to get a sweep into 5D at that range.

Other than that, I need to learn to stop getting anti-aired so much in this matchup and block those overheads.
I got a runback in casuals later though. Close set again but still lost. lol

Edit: Haha, thanks Dacid. I liked your Akihiko, it was doing things I haven't really seen.

You don't need to be all that hard on yourself. You got rounds a lot of times when it looked like you might not, and you had a couple of times where you really baited the anti-air and stuff like that. I think some of the misteps and things were from you getting nervous and possibly flustered and stuff like that. So well, I think we can all agree that happens to everybody from time to time.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Hey guys, I have a question:

If I wanna use a CPU to practice with (no good human players around here), is this situation similar to SSB, in the sense that harder difficulty supposedly means worse habits?

Basically, if I want to improve, should I play on a higher difficulty or not?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
CPUs in general are never good opponents. You'd only use them for specific things you might want to try practicing such as instant block, grabs, and hit confirming.

Spacing, offense, escapes are things that a CPU would not help with.

There's tons of people on netplay now I'd reckon, so if you want to get better, that's probably a better choice.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i feel that getting used to a moving opponent is always a good thing

cpu or not

take grains of salt with fighting them etc

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey guys, I have a question:

If I wanna use a CPU to practice with (no good human players around here), is this situation similar to SSB, in the sense that harder difficulty supposedly means worse habits?

Basically, if I want to improve, should I play on a higher difficulty or not?
I actually use CPUs (in training mode) to practice whenever I start learning a character or the matchup. I'll put the difficulty to maybe 50 and then move to a 100 later on.
It helps on things like knowing yours and their hitboxes, what moves are unsafe since they can DP or throw you with their reactions, and so forth.

Other than that, it's helped me learn how to deal with some situations and also hit confirming.
Oh, and it helps on blocking (and instant blocking) and teching if you force yourself to just sit still.

Sion

Island of Horizon
hit confirming.
hit confirming is a big thing for me

i come from a long past of auto piloting in smash, so i actually have to look out and concentrate in other fighting games

especially since i don't tier ***** as hard anymore

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
hit confirming is a big thing for me

i come from a long past of auto piloting in smash, so i actually have to look out and concentrate in other fighting games

especially since i don't tier ***** as hard anymore
Yea, hit confirming is weird.

I'm using cpus to practice moving around like Sion said.

But I'm really new to fighters so *shrugs*

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
There's an updated version out there: http://pastebin.com/SMrq3Wzp

He banned freaking Lord Knight, who's one of the coolest guys out there for sticking up for the game and got pissed at some other guy for pointing out he wasn't making sense?

Good lord, I'm almost scared to think of what excuses and 'reasons' he'll make up as to why P4A, or BBCP if it comes out in time should be excluded from EVO and never allowed in. :glare:

Top Bottom