• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've seen the All Out Attack overhead used as an ender, and seen people do a j.D>j.C>j.B Rampage ender type thing, but not sure on sweep though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Might switch to Balrog.

Because you know everyone in their mother from the people I know want to play Brosuke and I'm not dittoing all day

Just gonna 5a to 5k my way victory

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You hardly ever get the sweep ender midscreen as Chie. You'd only ever get it if you get an anti air 2B / AoA jB jC j9D sweep. The sweep is really hard to do though so you can just do an AoA to get the floor bounce knockdown.

Corner sweep is staple. You just have to not knock them into the air and things will just combo into sweep. If they're in the air, you'd either want to end with 5C AoA or God Hand.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's been kinda amusing how often I manage to land Yukiko's all-out attack given how slow and telegraphed it is.

TL?

Smash Ace
Slowly getting not completely terrible at this game. If anyone has some Yu, Mitsuru, or Aigis tips then lemme know. :p

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Might switch to Balrog.

Because you know everyone in their mother from the people I know want to play Brosuke and I'm not dittoing all day

Just gonna 5a to 5k my way victory
Mitsu ain't that easy, yo. You also have to mash DP.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Is Mitsuru's DP really that big of a deal? I'm honestly more annoyed with Aigis'.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Mitsy's DP hits like all around her.

"i don't even care about your cross ups"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
But it's air blockable. That's all that matters to me. I feel bad for the people who still haven't learned to delay their air tech in this game though...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Admittedly I haven't played many good people yet so I just hold 4A for immediate tech.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Admittedly I haven't played many good people yet so I just hold 4A for immediate tech.
I'll generally hold A for the neutral air tech since that gives the most invincibility. I do left or right if I'm above them and I want to get away from the corner.
I delay my neutral air techs against Kanji, Narukami, Elizabeth, and Mitsuru.

I find up techs pretty situational but it might also be because I'm new to that option.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Mitsu's upper cut man. I die a little inside everytime I go for a cross up and it ends up hitting me anyways...

Jeeze, shadow Labby's super fun. Trying to pick her up right now, but I gotta admit, its hard to keep the big minotaur dude safe from persona breaking. Anyone see this character being strong in the long run? From what i've seen, theres some super dirty lock down you can do with her.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
People are complaining about Mitsurus DP but I can't even get close enough to have to deal with it >.> Freaking blockstring.

But it's air blockable. That's all that matters to me. I feel bad for the people who still haven't learned to delay their air tech in this game though...
Why would you ever delay the air tech though?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Because you don't want to air-tech early right into an easy air-unblockable setup.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If he gets an untech hit then the hitstun and damage decay from the combo meter still applies, so he won't be able to deal nearly as much damage as if you just teched and got reset into a fresh combo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
But if I didn't tech wouldn't I still take damage anyway?
Oh, I don't mean teching so you take damage from a yellow beat combo. If you tech too early against someone like Elizabeth or Kanji, you're going to get resetted by a command grab and take even more damage (which is even easier on a left/right tech). After an air tech against someone like Narukami, he can anti air you on your way down with 2B which means another combo. What you want to do in these situations is delay your just enough so you can take advantage from the invincibility frames from your neutral tech and land safely.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's actually really good advice.

I'm trying to break the habit of mashing tech (thanks BB, GG, etc.), and I really have to start getting used to it. D:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's actually really good advice.

I'm trying to break the habit of mashing tech (thanks BB, GG, etc.), and I really have to start getting used to it. D:

The funny part of this is when Chrono Phantasma comes out, we're all going to be screwed since we'll be like "What the? Barriers? 2 Bursts? Instant Teching? Different Button Layout? What is this?!!" :cool:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Oh, I don't mean teching so you take damage from a yellow beat combo. If you tech too early against someone like Elizabeth or Kanji, you're going to get resetted by a command grab and take even more damage (which is even easier on a left/right tech). After an air tech against someone like Narukami, he can anti air you on your way down with 2B which means another combo. What you want to do in these situations is delay your just enough so you can take advantage from the invincibility frames from your neutral tech and land safely.
That helped a lot just now. Tried that when a Kanji had me in a corner, I managed to get him away without having to use burst for once :D

The funny part of this is when Chrono Phantasma comes out, we're all going to be screwed since we'll be like "What the? Barriers? 2 Bursts? Instant Teching? Different Button Layout? What is this?!!" :cool:
lol I did that with this game. "Wth do you mean B is where D is. WHY IS C UP HERE?"
/continues to hit D when trying to hit C

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Anybody still awake? ChiboSempai is running/streaming an open lobby on XBL right now. Clash Stream is the name.

Top Bottom