• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That has to start as fatal, I'm pretty sure.

edit: Sorry I mean, you have to mash the AoA to fatal, not start off of a fatal, my bad.

edit2: Minato's got it anyway, haha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Indeed. Speaking of All-Out Attacks. I'm having trouble with some AOA combos. Like one with Chie involves 5AB~C>j.6D>dash>5C but I'm like "wait, what?" because if you jump after the C it auto makes you Super Jump and so the combo counter either goes yellow or disappears before you hit the ground, and if you try to hop it won't let you due to a delay recovery.
The two things that come to mind is, you're not mashing hard enough for max hits so it becomes a fatal, or you're using the wrong follow up after an AoA (C or D follow up).

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The two things that come to mind is, you're not mashing hard enough for max hits so it becomes a fatal, or you're using the wrong follow up after an AoA (C or D follow up).

How many hits do you have to mash it to until it becomes Fatal and uh...what are some of the property changes in this instance (in case they're different)?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
AoA for one hit, 14 rush hits, one final hit. I don't think you need to mash exactly 14 times, but rather mash quickly enough and time the C (or D, for corner combos) right at 15-combo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Fun fact, the game won't give you a fatal if you over-mash, iirc. But I think it has to be a ridiculous amount with turbo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess I get that. If only you could mash until it went Fatal then have the choice as opposed to mashing until the opportunity passes.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Two buttons count as two presses, so you really only need to mash 7 times.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you can't handle hitting 14 inputs in rapid succession, try using this gem I have!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So...

Yet another disconnect while I was messing around in ranked...

My name is red now...

I then manage to get about 40+ player matches in, but it never changed, does it only matter if it's a disconnect in ranked?

*sigh*
And things seemed to be getting better too. :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That sucks, Rutger. :<

I know there was a bug where people would get red names randomly, but it just seems like you're suffering from a bad connection.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That sucks, Rutger. :<

I know there was a bug where people would get red names randomly, but it just seems like you're suffering from a bad connection.
Yeah, I doubt it's the bug.

It will be tough finding random matches for a while, if player matches can effect it too then I may just play people here for a while.

I wish I could find more info, but I didn't even see a "disconnect" stat on my P-card, so I don't know what it will take.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
And good idea on that Crusayer, if it actually works like that.
It does, you can mash A and B at the same time for more hits. :3

Yeah, I doubt it's the bug.

It will be tough finding random matches for a while, if player matches can effect it too then I may just play people here for a while.

I wish I could find more info, but I didn't even see a "disconnect" stat on my P-card, so I don't know what it will take.
That sucks.

And if it is ranked only, then I'm sure you'll have a bit of hard time getting random people to play with you if you've got a red name. It probably won't go away until you fix your games-played-to-completion ratio either.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Red names don't show up on the match confirmation screen?

That's going to make fixing this so much easier, so long as my internet doesn't disconnect me to much.

Three or four this morning out of ten to twenty matches. :/

I'm using this as a chance to test out new characters, Naoto it fun, but I don't care for those bad normals.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Are you kidding? Naoto has great normals, as long as you don't get yourself cornered.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Not really, her normals are average, at best. And her 2B is downright terrible for an anti-air, pretty much every air attack can beat it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Un-lurk. As Naoto player, I'm very happy with Naoto's normals. Other than her 2B, but in the context of traps, even that is functional.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can't jump-cancel j.b until after the opponent gets hit. Otherwise you have a pretty substantial recovery time.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
GGs JamStunna. And uh, to that random guy that came in and kicked everybody in the room's butts. Was weird I went from having my Chie beat you the first game to barely even being able to touch you the second time I used her. Though, I'm starting to think my Yukiko has more potential than my Chie.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah man, good games. That random guy was a friend of mine I invited in. It was my first time playing him in P4A (I met him playing BB), but I knew he'd be good. I'm still not ready to be playing online, but I want to get some matchup experience.

:phone:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I never expected BnBs in this game to be this hard to do. Chie's standing only BnB is hella hard to do consistently =/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Learn an easier BnB for now, and upgrade to something more difficult later? That's usually what I do when I'm learning a new FG. But obviously whatever works for you, I believe in you. :3

Umby

Smash Master
I've been playing with Naoto recently. How do I go about keeping people out? I get the basic gameplan of moving around while placing traps, but when an opponent gets in, I'm not sure if I have anything besides R-Action, quick escape, and SB Aim, the former two which feel like guessing. Rather than getting out of pressure and trying to run away, I want to know what all I can do to push people back when they've gotten too close and have avoided the mine field.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Funny thing for me is that it took me ages in Challenge mode to realize that in order to get all the hits on a bunch of Yukiko's Supers, you have to mash the button used. It was driving me SO crazy for the longest time, I tells ya.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've been playing with Naoto recently. How do I go about keeping people out? I get the basic gameplan of moving around while placing traps, but when an opponent gets in, I'm not sure if I have anything besides R-Action, quick escape, and SB Aim, the former two which feel like guessing. Rather than getting out of pressure and trying to run away, I want to know what all I can do to push people back when they've gotten too close and have avoided the mine field.
Naoto's defensive options are pretty weak in general. Don't forget about guard cancels either, they can save you too.

If you're having trouble keeping people out, I'd say work on your trap placement. Be mindful of where you're placing them, don't just throw them out willy-nilly. If they try to bust your traps, punish them with snipe. Also, helpful to know that you can change directions while you're in aim stance.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Funny thing for me is that it took me ages in Challenge mode to realize that in order to get all the hits on a bunch of Yukiko's Supers, you have to mash the button used. It was driving me SO crazy for the longest time, I tells ya.
you don't need to mash, just hold the button.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
You can use wake-up Critical Shot if you can pull it off too I think.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think it would've been better if you put the Fatal Counter requirement into the notation rather than having an intermission there just to say it.

Top Bottom