• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
its not that i can't get a ride. It's that i don't have the time to gonow =\

legion598

Smash Ace
ill just have to learn the shiek/ness MU and itll all be good lol.

rules of marble matches

1. the match must be a falcon ditto.

2. there are 100 marbles

3. u must play for all the marbles

4. you can call an "all the marbles match" once per friendlies session

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Eh, no problem :ohwell:

If you guys can come down some weekend or whatever let me know.

Also, next summer I wanna go for the Guinness record for "Longest Marathon on a Fighting Game"... I could play Melee all day... If anyone wants to help me with that that would be great. It would be just like a tournament, except we play nonstop :chuckle:

Dart!

Smash Master
i'm terribly depressed about missing my first day of psych. like extremely...other than that adam and i have contemporary humanities or some bull**** together

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
1st day usually doesn't matter i thought, unless there's attendance pts. Usually the first day is just an introducing/syllabus day.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
first daysmean a lot if you're at a 4 year uni
my first day was yesterday, I already have 4 chapters to read, 2 papers to write, a take home quiz to finish....

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lol, but ur like a sophomore/junior. Freshmen classes take it a lott easier first few days. My classes didn't do anything so far cept introduce themslves.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
**** man....babe galore at East campus. Too bad good ol' Gooey flopped on his first chance. Ah well, it's only the second day *shrugs*
lol
I already got a number and my second day is tomorrow :)
but it was pretty lucky, I mentioned animal rights being relevant to my interests and a woman approached me after class...turns out she's vegan too.
inb4 me marrying this chick

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Extremely close to quitting this game. The explanation is pretty simple IMO, I'm becoming legitimately angry at the game and that's usually not a good sign for me so I'm going to stop playing if this persists. I'm very surprised I didn't just run my controller over after I left your house, Josh. It gets pretty annoying when everything I do is dumb, especially when I stop doing certain "dumb" things and then new ones arise and then the neverending cycle goes on so I'm just ultimately always doing dumb things that I can't fix apparently. Sooooo yeah, these next few months(hopefully not weeks) will determine if I want to play this stupid game any longer. With college and work being in full effect now, I certainly can be spending my time in more important matters rather than failing at a game >_>

Dart!

Smash Master
try thinking about what you're doing instead of vocalizing it...like play really quiet and focus on what you're doing without saying anything...could also make you a little less mad at the game. i try to play with either a smile or no expression at all now.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
See I'm always in a cheerful manner, but as of lately, getting hit by silly *** dair spikes and and tipper fsmashes really just stops that cheefulness and begins to just agitate me. It's basically just like Fox vs. Falcon for me. Generally, the scenario is "Congratulations Gooeybanana! Nice tech chase to death combo!" or "Solid spacing Gooey, you punished all his incorrectly spaced moves and got a kill out of it" then...bull****. "Con****ingratulations Gooeybanana, you just got killed at 30% by a silly *** shine spike/dair. Oh yeah, and **** you, you're not teching that although you tech all the near useless ****" It's pretty dumb....butttt once my tech skill with Falco is more consistent, I don't think I'll have to worry about this bs AS MUCH *shrugs*

Like I said, if I have to quit, I'm not going to be bawling my eyes out or anything. It's been fun and I have way better things I could be doing in my free time instead anyways.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sounds like Josh is giving you the effect that Sveet had/has on me and Loosh. When we were bad, Joe would just be a jerk, and he used to play really gay in friendlies, made me pretty mad, even if I was winning the majority, I was always doing **** wrong and being bad apparently. Just don't listen to people Gooey, unless they aren't jerks, or are actually like Kels/Tink good, or BigD/Vro smart.

Edit: Even if quit this game competetively, it IS still fun in friendlies and stuff. Not to mention you would take the gay **** that can happen less seriously if you are playing only for fun and not to get better. Hope you can figure this out. :colorful:

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Extremely close to quitting this game.
take a break. I found that not playing for 2.5 months has actually improved my game, because my unsound tech skill made me think about spacing and reading opponent patterns more

If you're not having fun playing, you're doing it wrong :p

edit: whoops. darkatma on his friend who never posts' account

Oro?!

Smash Hero
you calling me bad and or unsmart bzoo? AND a jerk? wtf...
Nah, just saying getting told what to do while losing can get to you, especially if you are not playing up to par. It almost makes it worst when you win every game and get told what to do. Not sure if that was Gooey's situation, just sayin.

Gooey, have you ever tried playing while listening to music, or just not caring and doing what you want just because? Doing either of those every so often makes me love the game again, so does teaching people without being a ****. I am currently teaching a Brawl kid Melee, and he is gonna wreck you all with Falcon next time you see Northern IL at a tourney.;)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
David, don't believe in urself. Believe in me who believes in you. xD

Gurren lagann reference anyone?

and btw, Deku is too good.

legion598

Smash Ace
dave, dont believe in yourself, dont believe in the adam who believes in dave, believe in the dave who believes in dave!

headphones are great they allow you to focus on just the game and not on your opponents dickish demeanor

Top Bottom