• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I'd probably be able to talk my mom into letting you stay one weekend. It wont be until the new year at the earliest, and even then IDK when.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Honestly Anthony, I would've called but I didn't see any place we could really Smash at. We would've had to have been done by 10 at my place, Krieg's place is too small, Josh couldn't Smash. So idk =/ sucks not having Rashad's place for us all to meet up at for the time being...

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
man its AWESOME always having a place to play melee at.

:D

I love you guys, even though you live in a different state and I've only met one of you.

Still have much <3 for you all.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright, i wouldn't be free on sat until after 7 anyways.

Darkatma, i'll try to make it, hopefully Peoria and Evansville can go.

Btw, ggs Josh,
and David, i wouldn't have minded driving over there and playing till 10 lol

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
First and foremost, if we were to head "down", which on most maps would be represented by a southerly direction, it would be a ridiculous waste of time to get there.

Secondly, I haven't heard about it (just like last time, limited contact with general blame) so I wouldn't know anyway. What plans had you originally suggested?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
So what's the deal with you chumps coming UP or what tomorrow? I got work 11-2, 5-8 but I'll Smash like during my 3 hour break and then the rest of the night afterward for sure if you guys come. Dunno where you guys'd go...maybe Rashad will be nice and let you all come there? I dunno, I'm tired of everyone asking me **** this week so text Josh/Anthony/Rashad please =).

Fast food = top tier in pissing me the **** off. Why do I have co-employees that have worked there for 3 months that don't know how to ring up or prepare new coffee? Then I get a **** *** look from the customer like I did something wrong then I dash back to the other customer I was serving and they give me a **** attitude too for taking so long while the manager is taking an hour long **** and there's a guy performing maintenance in the middle of all this? Venting/QQ'ing to the max there, but I feel a little bit better now xD.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Fast Food sucks.

I worked @ a McDonalds for 3 weeks and i quit.

You guys just need to plan to come down here, Im sure we could each house atleast 1 of you if we give ample notice to our parents.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
gooey, I know, customers are ****ing stupid. but I posted that before I actually asked anyone down here, then derek said he had work, and luke doesn't wanna go anywhere, so I didn't even bother to ask nick, I just kinda gave up. If I drove it would just be me, so its most likely not happening.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
how about we go to SPringfield? Sound like a good plan?... and invite Evansville down there?

Dart

Smash Lord
next weekend please, the weekend before christmas sounds awesome and totally free for me. plus my mom should be done having her fits about grades etc since the semester is over.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Midwest fighter scene =

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
next weekend please, the weekend before christmas sounds awesome and totally free for me. plus my mom should be done having her fits about grades etc since the semester is over.
well, that's when I wanted to do TIMS4 if we didn't travel to a tournament somewhere that weekend...

(on the assumption we travel instead of TIMS4 that weekend) If Springfield drives someplace and we organize so Peoria also goes to the same tournament, would anyone be up for doubles? If we run doubles tournaments for TIMS4, I might need a teammate anyway. (for any of SSB64/Melee/Brawl & Street Fighter IV, although probably not SFIV)

The two things I was looking at was a Brawl tournament in Indianapolis (I think?) or maybe that Melee tourney in Memphis or wherever (~6 hours south of us)

(just throwing the idea out there)

chewyy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I'm going to the Brawl tournament in Lawrence, IN (I'm pretty sure it's close to Indianapolis). My family and I are going to Florida for Christmas and I convinced them to stop there (it's kind of on the way and it'll get us to leave earlier in the day).

I'd be up for TIMS4 whenever, as long as I'm in town...

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was the one I was checking into. Probably that one, if anything, but I need to check to see what Ripple is up to.

...the Memphis one is late Friday into early Saturday :\

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
it'll be certainly a goal, Dart

We'll either do TIMS4 (or aim for some get-together in Springfield) or we'll go to the tourney in Indiana, though. (looks like Ripple & Chewyy were already planning on going anyway)

Dart

Smash Lord
it'll be certainly a goal, Dart

We'll either do TIMS4 (or aim for some get-together in Springfield) or we'll go to the tourney in Indiana, though. (looks like Ripple & Chewyy were already planning on going anyway)
fail...all of springfileds gotta be there :/

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
fail...all of springfileds gotta be there :/
I don't see how an undetermined event is a "fail" when it's already been decided that we're going to the tournament (likely without all of Springfield, so you guys wouldn't travel anyway) or we're doing TIMS4 with almost everyone (excluding holiday travelers)

Nobody from Peoria has even said if they'd be willing to go to the tournament, so I can't really figure out what's going on for you guys, either!

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I"m pretty sure we're willing to go if all of Peoria's free the day of the tourney .

EDIT:Oh and whats up with every sequel of a game being worse and worse. SF4, Brawl, and now its MW2.!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Dont go to that, go to whichever tourney evansville decides to go to on that day that theres 2 massive tourneys, 1 in IL and 1 in IN.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Midwest fighter scene =

............................................________
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
what you meant to say was:

Midwest =

............................................______ __
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\

edit

Double Post Because I hit quote and didnt go back to edit

(aka cause im a G)

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
If you don't mind me asking, what are those two "massive" tournaments? I did a lazy 1-2 page glance and only saw the date for one tournament (in Ohio though)

Anthony, the IN tourney this upcoming weekend is Smashing Through the Snow for Brawl (side melee play = idk?)

*Edit*
Oh and whats up with every sequel of a game being worse and worse. SF4, Brawl, and now its MW2.!
SFIV and Brawl weren't the 2nd iteration of a game...? (MW2 wasn't really either, but it was a "2" at least)

Anyone interested in traveling to Iowa for one of their monthlies in Des Moines? Peoria is on the way from here...

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
If you don't mind me asking, what are those two "massive" tournaments? I did a lazy 1-2 page glance and only saw the date for one tournament (in Ohio though)

Anthony, the IN tourney this upcoming weekend is Smashing Through the Snow for Brawl (side melee play = idk?)

*Edit*

SFIV and Brawl weren't the 2nd iteration of a game...? (MW2 wasn't really either, but it was a "2" at least)

Anyone interested in traveling to Iowa for one of their monthlies in Des Moines? Peoria is on the way from here...
Well, i meant latest interation of the series, but was too lazy to edit...

and, i wasn't talking about the IN tourney lol.

and when is the Iowa monthly? found it, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740 correct? i'd definately be intereseted

Top Bottom