• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Dart

Smash Lord
the problem is...i don't want to have to go to Springfield and either pay 20 bucks to play...or sit around waiting for people to wanna play melee...the gas will be ****ing killer on its own to get there

chewyy

Smash Ace
Eh, makes sense... I just want as many people as possible :p
btw, I think there are some people that are going basically just for melee, but we would be using those setups for the tournament if we need em...

Dart

Smash Lord
yeah thats what i mean...everytime i would get ready to play melee someone would need the setup for brawl...it just wouldn't work out too well to make it worth it :/
if i went the tournament it prolly wouldn't be too fun. if i lost to any character besides D3 MK or pika i would do it.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Wow Josh, you weren't lying...Wario is 3rd on the tier list o_O. How the hell does that happen? Anyways, guess that just means I can't ***** about grab releases as much because he's 3rd lolol. Still not going to influence me to play Brawl anymore than I already am though :p

studly

Smash Ace
im always up that late... currently elmwood crew is attending. ill know for sure by wednesday night and if i have internet access then ill post

Dart

Smash Lord
dude not gonna lie...after one day of practice im starting to build hype for freakin lawl man. >.> whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
im always up that late... currently elmwood crew is attending. ill know for sure by wednesday night and if i have internet access then ill post
i'm gonna message u 12:01 AM WEDNESDAY.

D

Deleted member

lol An if you get on here tell me whats up cause AIM is like REALLY screwy right now and isnt working. . But once my mom gets home I should be able to ask her if its alright to go with you guys. If i can come,would it be alright if I brought my setup? Also should I give you directions to my house or should I meet up at your place?

studly

Smash Ace
so much crap since i last posted...im going and then not..money issues. and then i got sick...now i am going and ill be bringing legion...ill see u guys there. lets rep the pekin peoria area

D

Deleted member

god...wish I could come....this *****ing sucks. Im like never going to be able to go to these ****ing things at all cause my parents are so ****ing protective.

You guys have no idea how pissed off I am right now. I feel like just quitting competitive gaming all together now. Im not gonna be able to ****ing go any remotely big competition with my parents acting the way they are. Ive ****in had it with this bull****.

sigh....now that this is done with, what's peoria's next move in the smash world?

Dart

Smash Lord
TTR...tentative but be on the lookout for it...check the midwest part of the forum and not the xmen discussion zone

studly

Smash Ace
alright guys so tournament report:

it was very very very cool when i didnt feel like ****...

b4 this tournament i didnt really know what it ment to b good... and holy **** anthony you are freaking amazing. .. very very cool.. man it sucks u cant get to more tournaments ud seriously do very well

im glad at least u and josh did good... taking second in doubles... anthony taking second to Chewwy in singles... josh upsetting ripple in loosers ?!? freaking awesome guys. congratz on doing so well. it sucked u had to face each other first in singles. very lame. every match u guys played was very fun to watch.
keep it up

now for my more personal experience:

so first like all of my mains but kirby diddy and ganon were DESTROYED by ripple and surgeon... i honestly think legion and i can take oranos in brawl but yah know it didnt happen like that. i got beaten almost every time. very very lame. friendlies SHOCKED me so badly that i honestly didnt even know what character to choose in the actual matches.

as a result from this im dropping all my competative mains pretty much... if im going to loose just as badly no matter what tier i choose from... why not go ganon. so its back to who gives a crap... like it was at those GS ganon matches.. but hopefully i might actually be good since like no one knows there matchup against ganon

what do u guys think about our crew hosting a big melee/ brawl tournament?? ... i kno hastule want s us to

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
studly, maybe melee is more your game ;-)

And black panther is hosting a tourney in peoria soon, and tomacawk with one in jacksonville soon, but I'm sure you already knew about tomacawks.

Dart

Smash Lord
Watch videos...play us more obviously...cuz i watch all those other kids you and legion and skirb play with...TELL THEM TO L2P its the most ****tiest thing ive ever seen when i watch them play...sorry had to say it. That or find people who actually know how the game works?

D

Deleted member

Watch videos...play us more obviously...cuz i watch all those other kids you and legion and skirb play with...TELL THEM TO L2P its the most ****tiest thing ive ever seen when i watch them play...sorry had to say it. That or find people who actually know how the game works?
hahahahaha,are you referring to Egan and his other friend evan?

And btw,when im not lazy, Im thinking about going to Gamers choice to see if he'll hold smaller tournies.Hah,i realize ive said this a million times but I think I might finally force myself to do it tomorrow. Cause unlike you guys my parents wont let me go to any big tournies unless they're close by, so these little ones are pretty much my only option :( Unless there's one in elmwood,because "its a small town with no crime".lolz. I cannot wait until im out of the house

Dart

Smash Lord
lol well thats when you lie to your parents son...LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME! if they say you can't go then tell em you're going somewhere safe like say you're going to elmwood...not too hard?

D

Deleted member

hah,mk so we went to gamers choice and talked to him about tournaments and he said that he could definitely hold one, and the prize would be in cash! So yeah he said sometime in July he'd totally have one. We just need to get the word out and whatnot.

Also when are these big tournaments scheduled to happen? I need to know so I can tell him to schedule his around those.

D

Deleted member

lol yeah i realize that, but I just need to know to tell Dan (owner of Gamers Choice) to schedule his tournaments AROUND those so they don't intersect each other.

Top Bottom