• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

studly

Smash Ace
I'm really sorry dude for not being able to go, yea my dad thinks all gaming is a waste of time. =\ And, I'm not sure if i can do it for you until after May lol. I have a few stuff i gotta do before doing that, Im procrastinateing.. lol. sorry. Dx. But if u need Twilight Princess or an SD card or somethin, I don't mind u coming over to borrow it.
oh thats fine.... it looks like were going to the other tournament you mentioned in early summer... june or july im not sure

but as far as hacking the wii... yeah i may need to borrow an SD card
idk...im am gona do it tho

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
oh thats fine.... it looks like were going to the other tournament you mentioned in early summer... june or july im not sure

but as far as hacking the wii... yeah i may need to borrow an SD card
idk...im am gona do it tho
alright, just send me a text or something sometime, and i can loan you it.

btw, don't do the downgrade, you can install Homebrew and DVDx without downgrading. its from that same guy. IMO, i'd just wait until the official homebrew for 4.0 comes up,

D

Deleted member

hey guys! It looks like Gamers Sanctuary's lease ran out on their place in Sunset Plaza so apparently they are moving to a new location as soon as possible,and he said that the tournaments for now are canceled :( If i find out anything new I'll be sure to tell you guys

studly

Smash Ace
haha what the heck... does Aj know how to run a buisness or what...

wow so gay

well ill just have to host another one of my own... probably not til summers started maybe 2nd weekend in June

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah, the next time one of us shows up to a tournament, wherever the hell that is going to be, we need to confront him about this store credit idea. Gamer's Choice's owner is actually cool and originally gave out store credit as prizes mainly because of small turnouts, but he said he'd be fine with giving cash prizes as long as he got maybe $15 for venue fees or whatever. Maybe their place can be the next place all of us frequent? Idk, I'm just kind of sick of this store credit junk because it's a complete turnoff for people that don't show up there much, effecting the turnout quite often IMO.

Venting complete.

D

Deleted member

Dont worry anthony,i also have over 100 bucks in store credit hahaha,and he will reopen eventually.I just hope its in a convenient spot. And yeah,my brother and i were actually going to ask the guy at gamer's choice if he would hold a street fighter tournament next saturday,we might even go ask him today. Cause my bro and i are itching for a SF4 tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
gamers choice = GS? where's GC at? Never been there. I agree with Goeey, i'm sick of it too. store credita

D

Deleted member

haha gamer's santuary=GS. Gamer's choice is really close to where gamers sanctuary is at. My bro is gonna message him in just a few minutes here about it. Hopefully he will hold a SF4 tournament this week. My Dhalsim and Gen=****! hahaha

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
U ungrounded dart? And yea i know how u feel, I'm feeling for some melee... BAD AS ****! I played brawl and brawl+ online a bit, but i wanna play melee BAD. I can falcon moonwalk like michael jackson now.

Samurai, I can't make it to that tournament, if i could go, i would've gone to the ohio one with studly.

Studly, dude, homebrew with 4.0 wii, no need for Twilight Princess, just an SD card, should look it up. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

After may 29th 11AM, I can smash all day, anyone wanna make plans any time after that? =)

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm telling ya man, half of those Falcon vs. Marth matches made me believe there is an invisible string attached to the end of Marth's sword and Falcon...I really need to find out where I should be DI'ing all those **** moves...

Dart

Smash Lord
DI up and away...well dual stick DI would probably be good...idk sometimes you just gonna have to take damage, specially against that ****er fox

studly

Smash Ace
how does may 30th sound... lol its an entire week or so away... or do you guys need me to wait til after everyones finals are done for sure

then id do it the first weekend of june

Just thought I'd let the Melee players know that I found a vid with some cheap strategies in Melee that you might want to abuse when you play people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCYdYt306PI&feature=related

I like how he thinks Kirby is a cheap character =).
most of those strategies semi obvious.. but i could see alot of newer players not know ing what to do

PS does anyone want to go to this?
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5427

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Well i might be able to go to it. only 29th though and i won't get off school till like 11AM. 30th i might got plans.

Hopefully that cheap strategies is just a joke.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much everything in that vid is a joke. Only thing on there that I thought was even remotely useful was Doc/Mario's cape, and I don't see it as cheap at all >_>

studly

Smash Ace
awesome... ill look into getting this set up... ill let you know a date as soon as i can

major hype for SF4 melee and especially Brawl+
@josh... i hate wake up mindgames and Lag

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ugh...I might start playing SFIV more now...still really stuck on who I want to main lol. Akuma is a blast but dies in like 3 hits, Balrog is fun as hell but charge partitioning is a pain in the ***, Bison just looks fun but is also a charge character, Ryu is fun but...he's Ryu ****it :X I really need to get a better stick though, this Hori EX2 isn't cutting it, I think the stick is starting to **** out on me now so it's harder to successfully input a move.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I've never really played the game, nor know the tourney rules of SFIV, is Gouken a legal character? I"ve always wanted to try that dude.

btw, I hate finals....

D

Deleted member

haha some people think gouken should be banned for certain reasons,but he's still technically legal i think. My friend plays as gouken we always have incredibly close matches against both my Dhalsim and Gen. My Dhalsim is definitely better though,as I main him.

and yeah im wayyy into street fighter now hahaha

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea i wanna get into the SF4 thing (wanna main gouken, akuma, blanka, or abel), but i don't know many people that plays that or even have it. themost recent fighting game i've played was UFC undisputed, and it takes no skill whatsoever, just have to do quarter circles constantly and button mash a lot.

Oh and brawl, Im not as good now, just played today after taking a break for month or two to play melee a bit, and now i cide way too much. I keep on thinking its melee dynamics

D

Deleted member

you really should get into it! It looks like we're all slowly leaning towards SF4 and its awesome haha. It gets soooo much more fun when you start learning the more tricky combo's n stuff.

and btw! When King of Fighters 12 comes out in July you guys should check it out! It looks kickass!!!

studly

Smash Ace
i like KOF but i really want another Capcom vs SNK that would make very happy
SF4 is very cool and im playing it off and on...

yeah...i dont like alot of the normal zoning and trap strategies the game has... but i really like the abstract characters..... i was maining blanka because hes full force anti-shoto. and ive been working on balrog.. cuz he just powers right at the opponent... and i like Dictator for the teleport and just pure craziness.

but i know alot about the competative scene from my ICC friends... there are NO characters officially banned... but it seems like every tournament theres a few characters banned... it just varries

but guess what... i still love brawl! its crazy awesome and i cant wait to get brawl+
and believe it or not lately legion and i have been playing chess XD

Top Bottom