• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is coming out on the XBLA pretty soon...that game is looks pretty sweet from what I've seen...SFIV is a blast...just got done playing quite a bit of it at Josh's and it was hella fun :p Need a better stick though me thinks :/

EDIT: Gouken isn't banned, in fact, nobody is. The only person that would be even practical to ban would be Sagat and he has weaknesses so it'd be stupid to ban him IMO. The matchup difference from top tier characters to bottom tier characters is actually probably the closest any fighting game has been in a long while, so don't be afraid to main someone.

SFIV Goodiness: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/street-fighter-4-strategy-guide-hints-and-tips/
Tier List: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Dart

Smash Lord
yeah those games were good ^_^ still need to get through those stick johns david :p, so Springfield is looking more and more likely as the week goes by...last minute we could use the train

studly

Smash Ace
yeah too bad

so im having a smashfest at my house next friday or saturday evening...
507 N lakeview elmwood illinois

everyone should come!!! brawl melee brawl+ SF4

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hmm...well this summer so far has been extremely boring barring the times I've hung out with friends, mainly because I've been stuck at home staring at a bunch of **** I've already seen a billion times on the internet. So...I'm thinking of playing through some RPGs this summer.

So far I've decided to play through Golden Sun 1(need to get the second one, but no $ lolz), Legends of the Dragoon, and finish Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Any other suggestions? I can just emulate them if anything... but no more Super Mario RPG, I've played through that like 5 times already, don't need to again xP!

studly

Smash Ace
haha nice vids guys

so to everyone whos thinking bout coming to my house this weekend

would you want it friday saturday or sunday evening

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Hmm...well this summer so far has been extremely boring barring the times I've hung out with friends, mainly because I've been stuck at home staring at a bunch of **** I've already seen a billion times on the internet. So...I'm thinking of playing through some RPGs this summer.

So far I've decided to play through Golden Sun 1(need to get the second one, but no $ lolz), Legends of the Dragoon, and finish Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Any other suggestions? I can just emulate them if anything... but no more Super Mario RPG, I've played through that like 5 times already, don't need to again xP!
Chrono Trigger/ Chrono Cross, Legends of Dragoon (i dunno how u gonna play that because timing attacks is gonna be hard on the comp. ) Tactics, FF7 (that'll take up more that 100hours), and uh Mega Man Legends is up there. I've played Golden Sun and got a glitch that wouldn't let me continue, so no for golden sun. Goemon 64 is a definately get

i really don't know, maybe saturday? i have no idea.

studly

Smash Ace
im gona say Saturday night...since thats the only night brave dave can come out....

and yeah chrono trigger is my favorite rpg of all time... played the **** out of it in the snes days... my lvl 99 glen could kicked lavos ***

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well since there hasn't been much activity as of lately on these boards, I'll try to spice it up somehow...*thinks*

Ok...once we have our first tournament/smashfest at the Twin Towers AKA Twin Tower Rumble AKA TTR, Central Illinois is officially Melee territory. Just would like to point that at to you all, and here's some bits for me to support this. Anthony and Josh are arguably the two best Brawl players in the Central Illinois area and...they converted to Melee. Matter of fact, just about everyone here has at least CONSIDERED converting to it, or at least playing it to some extent. Playing Brawl or suggesting Brawl at a Melee smashfest/tourney will probably get you killed, so don't even mention it....LOL JK! But seriously, Melee is pretty boss! Get bored of practicing tech skill with your main? PRACTICE TECH SKILL/WHATEVER WITH ANOTHER CHARACTER OOOOHHHH YEAH!!! Brawl...umm...getting down autocancel'd aerials took like 3 minutes, DACUS took like 2 tries with Snake lawlz...only thing I still don't get is buffering o_O. I really don't know how to tell when I'm doing this crap but eh, who cares M I RITE?

So yeah, I probably just made myself look like a complete ****. Get off me lol I'm fatigued and just wanted to post something. *ices feet because I'm old*

PS: If Tomacawk/Ripple/Samurai/etc happen to notice this statement right here, whatever idk lol. That match of me and Josh using Team Titans, well...we should have won, just going to say that. Both of those dair kills were off pure reaction I tell ya, and I knew it was going to happen. Josh has been practicing his spacing with the Gimpyfish combo for quite some time now if you didn't notice in the vid, so that was just pure reaction as well. What wasn't pure reaction and what I would consider tech skill for a heavy character would be me taunting 2-3 times and each time our team losing a stock because of it. Just putting it out there but yeah, we were at MAYBE 55% of our normal power in that match with Team Titans, be looking out for that team more often. What a large PS and I'm just making it even longer with this sentence. I'm outta here, PEACE! *sleeps*

Dart

Smash Lord
haha Dave with the ultimate post right there ^_^ be ready for TTR everybody its gonna be the beginning of something hopefully big.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Twinn Towerr RUMBELLLL is gonna rock, if its ever gonna happen. Btw, i'm still in the brawl scene, i don't want to say i'm leaving that for sure, and i've always been in the melee scene. I like both almost equally.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
What wasn't pure reaction and what I would consider tech skill for a heavy character would be me taunting 2-3 times and each time our team losing a stock because of it.

dude, don't worry, if you kill tomacawk and you are at dying percentages, when he comes back whether your taunting or not, he WILL kill you before his invincibility is up.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
But you like Melee better Anthony, I'm sorry but I'm making that decision for you ROFL.

And **** Luke and his **** in invincibility frames, maybe he'll hit me with a phantom hit then lol.

studly

Smash Ace
me and legion will be there tellin u brawls better and gettin crucified for it

TTR sounds kick *** guys

Twinn Towerr RUMBELLLL is gonna rock, if its ever gonna happen. Btw, i'm still in the brawl scene, i don't want to say i'm leaving that for sure, and i've always been in the melee scene. I like both almost equally.
woot Anthony thats what i like to hear... speaking the real truth XD

btw i played seven hours of melee yesterday.. mmhmhm ganon

Dart

Smash Lord
lol well im convinced that dave and i are starting to utilize our potential. Hopefully SMYM can help us ascend from our current level to consistent good **** level

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. wats up?

D

Deleted member

sigh,this thread is depressing hahahaha.Hopefully I will be able to come smash/sf4 thursday!

Top Bottom