• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"People play Brawl like its a low tier character"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chckn

Smash Ace
this post is ********... stop being a noob before u even try to post about brawl vs melee... just wow....
Yeah, I used to see **** the same as HR till I started playin melee again. I actually see it oposite. Instead of having to work for your kills in melee, you have to work to stay alive. Incorporate more mingames into recovery as well as have near perfect DI. idk just my opinion.

Master Raven

Smash Master
No one will deny that Melee is superior to Brawl when it comes to which is the better competetive game, however as far as which one we have more fun with, that's very much subjective. I like Melee more in both areas but I also still love Brawl. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No one will deny that Melee is superior to Brawl when it comes to which is the better competetive game,...
I never thought it was worth arguing in the first place. A vast majority of player are not going to reach the peak of play any time soon in either of them, so there's no reason to argue. People will play what they want to play. If Rock-Paper-Scissors somehow became the most popular competitive game, then what does it matter to anyone else? Play what you prefer, is all.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I never thought it was worth arguing in the first place. A vast majority of player are not going to reach the peak of play any time soon in either of them, so there's no reason to argue. People will play what they want to play. If Rock-Paper-Scissors somehow became the most popular competitive game, then what does it matter to anyone else? Play what you prefer, is all.
STAFOO REFLEX I CHALLENGE YOU TO A ROCK PAPER SCISSORS MONEY MATCH MM O_o

Gingerr

Smash Lord
This might be the only thing you've ever posted that I can agree to.
Since you aren't trying to pretend you know something about Guilty Gear.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Im pretty sure it comes down to a fun level.
Brawl is boring as watching paint dry.
Melee is more fast paced and more exciting to watch.
I like watching someone get outsmarted, which happens in both Melee and Brawl. Overall fast movement speed means nothing to me, so to each his own.

EDIT: OHSHI--999 POSTS

Laijin

Smash Hero
This might be the only thing you've ever posted that I can agree to.
Since you aren't trying to pretend you know something about Guilty Gear.
Whats to pretend about knowing stuff about gg? I have my own personal opinions about it.
If I said "Eddie is not as good as Testament".
I personally think that Testament has more options in different situations than Eddie does.
Its the same as saying "I think Marth is better than Fox". Although the vast majority may disagree, people who argue this bring up good points.
So no. I'm not pretending to know anything about GG. I go by what i've seen and read.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
No one will deny that Melee is superior to Brawl when it comes to which is the better competetive game, however as far as which one we have more fun with, that's very much subjective. I like Melee more in both areas but I also still love Brawl. :)
I'd like to prove that statement false since I disagree. competitive doesn't come in scales.

Also, what is this thread about agian?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Hey. Im not NEARLY as bad as Hungrybox or Hiroshi.
as tru as the color of my skin. they need to stop beasting sometimes :/
hey, be nice,

and i was beasting lately cuz i wanted my dam controller man. we found out my controller was taken by one of my crew. I knew someone freaking took it.

-hiro

Zoro

Smash Champion
he was talking about how you guys make useless *** threads not your skill.

<3 who do you play in brawl?

he beat me to it

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
lol @ completely random post by trail. Why did he even read this topic?
Obv SOMEBODY had him post in here and linked him with the url ahem.

Anyways.

Mike plz close this topic now this is going nowhere like EVERY other melee vs brawl thread.

Even the best(and only good one) M vs B thread couldn't stay open(scars thread).

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
There really is only so much you can do with a genre. What you are pretty much saying is in the end, every game in every genre is pretty much the same game. A racing game is a racing game. Every first person shooting game is pretty much the same game.
Yea. That sounds pretty ********.
You just blew my mind, because that isnt what I was saying at all, like wow im really at a loss for words, I said that you cant compare smash to a 2d fighter, and now my mind is blown, thank you laijinianianijin

HunterSFL

Smash Rookie
Me too.
If its a fighting game. All fighting games will be compared to each other since its in the same genre.
Thats like saying you can't compare Halo 3 to Halo 2 because its soo different or Soul Calibur 4 to Soul Calibur 2 because its soo different.
Your logic ******** Sly.
No you **** up. It's like saying you can't compare Counter Strike to Unreal Tournament, which you can't because one is a realistic FPS, and one isn't. Or it's like saying you can't compare Soul Calibur 4 to Guilty Gear AC, which you can't because one is a 3D figther and one is a 2D fighter. Yes they're both fighting games, and you can compare aspects of them, but in the end, they're too different for it to be worthwhile to compare them. They're called sub-genres, ******.

Which is the case for Smash and GG. Sure there are similar concepts, such as poking, priority, frame traps, baits, etc. But there are too many concepts exclusive to each one to make it worthwhile to compare them. Smash has edge guarding, shield pressure, percantages, DI, etc. GG (or other 2D fighters) have guard gauges, corners, teching, multiple methods/types of blocking.

To try to compare Smash to another 2D fighter is a complete waste of time. You can use concepts from other fighting games and apply them to Smash, but the extent of that is extremely limited.

Don't call Sly a ******, *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom