• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"People play Brawl like its a low tier character"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And I really hate to see people trying to put melee and brawl in the same catagory as 2d fighters. Thats like comparing apples to alex blairs pants. Sure both may be mouth watering to think about, but they are NOTHING alike.
I like apples, too.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I like Halo 3. It has bumper jumper. Anyways, melee is the skilled game, brawl doesn't take what I would call "skill", except maybe Diddy, but most of you wouldn't know that. Brawl is mostly about playing safe/smart with a bit of mind games IMO. That's why I love Diddy and MK. Diddy can pressure you're shield and mind game you and MK can press B. I say ban MK and the gay stages and Brawl would be a much more balanced game.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I like Halo 3. It has bumper jumper. Anyways, melee is the skilled game, brawl doesn't take what I would call "skill", except maybe Diddy, but most of you wouldn't know that. Brawl is mostly about playing safe/smart with a bit of mind games IMO. That's why I love Diddy and MK. Diddy can pressure you're shield and mind game you and MK can press B. I say ban MK and the gay stages and Brawl would be a much more balanced game.
Playing safe/smart clearly takes no skill.
And theres clearly no mind games.

You have NO idea what you are talking about

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Anyways, melee is the skilled game, brawl doesn't take what I would call "skill", except maybe Diddy, but most of you wouldn't know that. Diddy can pressure you're shield
Competitive Diddy is about running away like a *****. Don't kid yourself. :ohwell:

Either way, they take different proficiencies to excel at. If you're not good at either of them, then you're not allowed to talk down on either of them.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Me too.
If its a fighting game. All fighting games will be compared to each other since its in the same genre.
Thats like saying you can't compare Halo 3 to Halo 2 because its soo different or Soul Calibur 4 to Soul Calibur 2 because its soo different.
Your logic ******** Sly.
Smash is nothing like a standard fighting game, look at something simple and basic, like, being knocked off a stage. That you have to recover from which adds a whole new side to the game, cuz I mean I KNOW you have to edgeguard in Guilty Gear. Also look at platforms and how stages are so different and have an effect on how you plat the match, oh yea I know how thats EXACTLY like street fighter!

Your logic is ********. ******.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh, hey, it's GDX! What a coincidence :)

To answer your question, I only uploaded those 2 videos of me winning because those are the only 2 I recorded. If you'd take a look at my youtube page, you'd see that I basically only record best 2/3 sets. And if you'd notice our matches, it was - a best 2/3 set! So don't get mad, okay?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Competitive Diddy is about running away like a *****. Don't kid yourself. :ohwell:
Either way, they take different proficiencies to excel at. If you're not good at either of them, then you're not allowed to talk down on either of them.
...:(

im sad

Laijin

Smash Hero
Smash is nothing like a standard fighting game, look at something simple and basic, like, being knocked off a stage. That you have to recover from which adds a whole new side to the game, cuz I mean I KNOW you have to edgeguard in Guilty Gear. Also look at platforms and how stages are so different and have an effect on how you plat the match, oh yea I know how thats EXACTLY like street fighter!

Your logic is ********. ******.
There really is only so much you can do with a genre. What you are pretty much saying is in the end, every game in every genre is pretty much the same game. A racing game is a racing game. Every first person shooting game is pretty much the same game.
Yea. That sounds pretty ********.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
There really is only so much you can do with a genre. What you are pretty much saying is in the end, every game in every genre is pretty much the same game. A racing game is a racing game. Every first person shooting game is pretty much the same game.
Yea. That sounds pretty ********.
Funny you use Racing and FPS games as examples, LOL.

Every racing game is pretty much the same. Play forza and GT or one of the other competitive racers and you'll see the concepts are always the same.

FPS games are the same. The only ones I would leave out of the bunch is TF2, and a few others. CS(source,cz,1.6),CoD(UO,4,2,3,etc), return to wolfenstein, doom, UT(the good ones), DoD(1.6 and source), all have the same concept and are pretty much the same until you go in depth(recoil patterns, AT's, etc)

So yeah, hes right.

Melee is also probably one of the most unique fighting games that you can't really compare to any other fighter other than a few things. What other fighter has such intense platform play, edge guarding, combos, mindgames, and damage/life system

Laijin

Smash Hero
Funny you use Racing and FPS games as examples, LOL.

Every racing game is pretty much the same. Play forza and GT or one of the other competitive racers and you'll see the concepts are always the same.

FPS games are the same. The only ones I would leave out of the bunch is TF2, and a few others. CS(source,cz,1.6),CoD(UO,4,2,3,etc), return to wolfenstein, doom, UT(the good ones), DoD(1.6 and source), all have the same concept and are pretty much the same until you go in depth(recoil patterns, AT's, etc)

So yeah, hes right.
Thats also like saying every puzzle game and every RPG is the same or any game of the same genre is the same.
Take some classic example. Puzzle Bobble compared to Puzzle League. Section Z compared to Gradius. Valkarie Profile compared to Xenogears.
Of course games are going to be similar. Thats why genres exist. But your logic is stupid because if every game was the same, why would anyone bother to play more than one game of the same genre? Its the differences between the games that make them so different. Games that are extremly similar to each other(known as clones. Im sure all of you have played games that are complete clones of another). So no. You are wrong. Games are different because of their differences. And since thats the case:
Melee is completely different from Guilty Gear.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Cant really tell if your post is sarcastic,
but
To say that playing safe/smart doesnt take skill AND to say that brawl has little mindgames is like...lol.

I'll just stick by my side as well cuz its winning me cash to.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Cant really tell if your post is sarcastic,
but
To say that playing safe/smart doesnt take skill AND to say that brawl has little mindgames is like...lol.

I'll just stick by my side as well cuz its winning me cash to.
The "you're right" part was sarcasm. I don't think playing safe/smart is a skill. I think it's just experience of situations and did I say Brawl didn't have mind games? I should re-read my post because I don't remember much of it.

Hmm the only time I ever run away is to take out bananas. Otherwise I'm pressuring your shield. I mean I don't go challenging priority, but Diddy isn't supposed to. If you're talking about the matches against me the other day man...I was on 5 mg of xanax mixed with alcohol. Don't take those matches seriously :]

AfroQT

Smash Master
The "you're right" part was sarcasm. I don't think playing safe/smart is a skill. I think it's just experience of situations and did I say Brawl didn't have mind games? I should re-read my post because I don't remember much of it.
LOL playing safe/smart isnt a skill, it just kinda happens by itself.
Thats hilarious.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Call it a skill if you want. You don't need to get angry over it. That's like saying looking both ways before you cross the street(smart/safe), so that you don't get hit by a car is a skill. Whatever floats your boat though.

AfroQT

Smash Master
IT IS A SKILL CUZ I GET HIT BY CARS ALL THE TIME.

Lets agree to disagree, but lets also kiss when we meet.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
here's the whole thing with the brawl melee thing, brawl is considered "better" by some people because the game is more balanced, last week me gmoney and afro were playing melee and afro made a very clear point of how you have to work for your KO in brawl in melee however all one has to do is shine spike someone at 5% and they're dead in brawl however you get to fight until you reach a certain percentage and then you die, melee is more fast paced and crazy, however brawl is a game of patience and mindgaming, if you look at other fighting games you don't see the player destroying the controller as they play as you would definitely see in melee, i like both games evenly so i can't take sides on the brawl vs. melee argument. All i can say is that if one really hates brawl then simply don't play it.
this post is ********... stop being a noob before u even try to post about brawl vs melee... just wow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom