• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People are going to be complaining about DDD next

ADHD

Smash Hero
That's why you main a character that can't get chaingrabbed like hell... you cannot do that with mk or snake sadly :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
snake can pluck a nade after the second down throw, and if he has port priority, after it blows up you take damage and it can combo into his up tilt

Tyser

Smash Champion
People wont be complaining about Dedede any time soon I think. Avoiding his grabs are easier than people think.

WestCoastNinja

Smash Cadet
Ive never seen someone let themself get grabbed so much. Vex is a CG spamming machine! Really knows how to time those grabs. Spammy as hell though...

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
At any point he could have recovered to the edge, Vex wasn't using his invulnerability properly.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
DDD has the largest grab range in the whole game, so please dont say it's hard to grab opponent with DDD's grab. Anyways, DDD looks like a true counter to Wolf after looking at this video.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Number of bad matchups DDD truely has:

as of now anyway, im workin on it to make it even, and it will happen, given time.

of course i speak of Falco.

IMO anyone that he infinites is a broken match.
anyone with a poor recovery/predictable recovery and can get chaingrabbed gets countered by him: snake, wolf, ike ect...
anyone that just gets chaingrabbed gets lightly counter'd by him
anyone that just gets easily edgeguarded is MAYBE 55/45 his favor, UNLESS that character trumps ddd on the ground, which is really hard to do with a grab like ddd's.
only one that comes to mind here rly is olimar or squirtle.

this is where people think ddd gets countered. when he can't do any of these easily, its a "counter"
thats not true, for the most part it just means its an even matchup, something alot of DDD mains aren't used to playing since USUALLY everyone in the cast falls in one of the categories listed above.

people thought meta's tornado destroys ddd, but the matchup is more than that and ddd has an ok time of shutting down that tactic. (i'll have vids up shortly.)

lets say ddd grabs meta ONCE and gets a backthrow, that means the meta would have to land three full tornadoes just to equate the percentages.

again the matchup can go even deeper than that but that's all i'll get into at the moment.

so far the only character that is seeming more and more like an actual counter each day, is Falco, but I have not given up on that matchup, and will continue working on it and continue relaying the info i find here for you guys.

Peace.

CO18

Smash Hero
Number of bad matchups DDD truely has:

as of now anyway, im workin on it to make it even, and it will happen, given time.

of course i speak of Falco.

IMO anyone that he infinites is a broken match.
anyone with a poor recovery/predictable recovery and can get chaingrabbed gets countered by him: snake, wolf, ike ect...
anyone that just gets chaingrabbed gets lightly counter'd by him
anyone that just gets easily edgeguarded is MAYBE 55/45 his favor, UNLESS that character trumps ddd on the ground, which is really hard to do with a grab like ddd's.
only one that comes to mind here rly is olimar or squirtle.

this is where people think ddd gets countered. when he can't do any of these easily, its a "counter"
thats not true, for the most part it just means its an even matchup, something alot of DDD mains aren't used to playing since USUALLY everyone in the cast falls in one of the categories listed above.

people thought meta's tornado destroys ddd, but the matchup is more than that and ddd has an ok time of shutting down that tactic. (i'll have vids up shortly.)

lets say ddd grabs meta ONCE and gets a backthrow, that means the meta would have to land three full tornadoes just to equate the percentages.

again the matchup can go even deeper than that but that's all i'll get into at the moment.

so far the only character that is seeming more and more like an actual counter each day, is Falco, but I have not given up on that matchup, and will continue working on it and continue relaying the info i find here for you guys.

Peace.

I disagree with that. IMO Dedede has a few bad matchups and I don't even consider Falco that bad. Besides the first 50% or so he gets from his chaingrab I believe Dedede beats him and even then that 50% is made up by the killing range between them. If your smart it should take a long time for Falco to kill you considering he really only has 3 viable kill moves that aren't incredibly strong and easy to see coming. Falco can easily gimped if hes forced to use his up+b and if you predict correctly you can still punish his side+b.

I consider a few characters ahead of Falco in terms of level of difficulty to beat.

Ice climbers, MK, Pikachu, Zss

Normal IC's aren't that bad but Vs someone like Hylian or someone that knows how to basically 0-death you every grab it's pretty difficult. IC's down B can make it very difficult to approach as well as them being able to win a spam war. There side B can't be shield grabbed and can give serious problems. Dedede has options to keep them away and seperate them which helps but overall it's very difficult to prevent from being grabbed basically every stock.

Mk is alot easier once you know the matchup but overall he just has more options and it can become long and drawn out and based off playstyle you can sometime lose to an mk that's worse than another one.

I almost never lose to falco and I find it more likely to lose to an mk but that may just be due to the fact there are a bazillion more mks then falcos.

Pikachu and Zss I feel beat Dedede on the ground as well as not being able to be edgeguarded easily and I feel these 2 matchups can be pretty troublesome.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Well it just so happens i came up practicing against the best pika and ZZS in the state, so maybe i should have considered those.

and yea if ur a good ddd u'll be fine, but if the FALCO is good/smart, it doesnt matter that it takes them a while to kill you cuz they can complete you camp/immobilize you until even 200+%

again, that may be my fault as i have yet to get around it under pressure.
i've recently thought of some things that might help me edgeguard falco better.

i played/beat ic's all day, including hylian(not tourny but still didnt' see amazing things to destroy ddd in particular) if ur having trouble avoiding grabs, you can always turn around, approach with multiple bairs, and when you get close full jump dair to avoid the sheild grab.

also, u'll find upthrow is ur friend in that matchup.

more points will come later.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well it just so happens i came up practicing against the best pika and ZZS in the state, so maybe i should have considered those.

and yea if ur a good ddd u'll be fine, but if the FALCO is good/smart, it doesnt matter that it takes them a while to kill you cuz they can complete you camp/immobilize you until even 200+%

again, that may be my fault as i have yet to get around it under pressure.
i've recently thought of some things that might help me edgeguard falco better.

i played/beat ic's all day, including hylian(not tourny but still didnt' see amazing things to destroy ddd in particular) if ur having trouble avoiding grabs, you can always turn around, approach with multiple bairs, and when you get close full jump dair to avoid the sheild grab.

also, u'll find upthrow is ur friend in that matchup.

more points will come later.
Um...you played my IC's twice in friendlies... The first match I JV 3 stocked you and the second I won with 1 stock high %.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
understandable, but that was with no prior playing vs IC's.

didn't mean to say i beat you in particular, but i played you and you can see the improvment between the two matches.

i'd like to play you now, see if my theories hold true and i win this time.

MM next time we meet?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
understandable, but that was with no prior playing vs IC's.

didn't mean to say i beat you in particular, but i played you and you can see the improvment between the two matches.

i'd like to play you now, see if my theories hold true and i win this time.

MM next time we meet?
Sure. I enjoyed playing you BTW. I've mentioned to people before that you learn fast based on those two matches lol.

And keep in mind that I had 0 D3 experience when I played you as well. There are no D3's in texas that are really even close to your skill and you were probably the second D3 I have ever played in a real match lol.

I have practice in the match-up now though and it's been working quite well for me :). I lost to a D3 in tournament recently with GW, then played him with IC's and beat him without chaingrabbing :).

I look forward to our MM :).

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh wow you got your friend you uses Wolf and your friend who uses DDD, put them in an FFA with a Sonic and let them Brawl it out. Now I definitely want DDD banned.

CO18

Smash Hero
Oh wow you got your friend you uses Wolf and your friend who uses DDD, put them in an FFA with a Sonic and let them Brawl it out. Now I definitely want DDD banned.
****** thats friggin Jumpman and Vex Kasrani. It was a war match and the sonic was recording.

Know something before you talk.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
HI VEX! You know me as steviej321 from the video comments on the video shown on the first page of this thread. You know there's no way I could pass up posting in this thread. ;)
FYI, yes- I am east coast. Hopefully our paths will cross in tournaments soon enough, but in the meantime are you up for a wifi Brawl?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
FYI, yes- I am east coast. Hopefully our paths will cross in tournaments soon enough, but in the meantime are you up for a wifi Brawl?
I was surprised when somebody showed me somebody made this thread. I'll play you on wifi sometime if you want, keep in mind its only wifi though.

Saying just avoid DDD's grab is like saying just avoid marth's grab in melee.
Yes but if you space better you get grabbed much less, and therefore take alot less damage and much less edgeguard chances of potentially dying.

Locke)

Smash Ace
One grab is really all it takes by the look of it, then they're on the defensive until you mess up. Same as marth against a SA on FD in melee.

Top Bottom