• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's *-Spot

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Yea yea, made another semi-provocative title in hopes of attracting more pervs than people looking for ways to harass Peach but I guess those would be the same people anyway.

Wanna discuss her biggest exploitable weakspots, weaknesses coz well, idk what those would be.

ex: below marth, below zelda or her recovery, olimar/ivysaur's recovery. etc.

Looking for things that are directly attributable to the character and not the actual player (as in dair = entire moveset) but feel free to post those as well since i'm sure it'll be helpful to someone.

I hope I cud contribute something to this thread as it progresses though but I'm a relatively new peach though (her bday is in mid-september :p ) so yea...gogogo.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I dont get it.
/facepalm ;)

Look at the * symbol. Now think - Peach is a girl
*waits for that clicking sound*
I hope the female members out there don't get offended by this...

I can't be bothered to expand atm but I'll point out some obvious ones

- KO ability

- Ledge options

- Range issues (?)

- Easily killed

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
/facepalm ;)

Look at the * symbol. Now think - Peach is a girl
*waits for that clicking sound*
I hope the female members out there don't get offended by this...

- KO ability

- Ledge options

- Range issues (?)

- Easily killed
I get the title. Just not what hes asking -_-.
I think I do now though, I agree with everything you said above.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh my, that ledge options one has really been an annoyance for me lol. been messing around with ledgehop + double jump asap + fair lately and i'm pretty sure the LFC cud help out more.

i don't rly think range is a big issue though coz of fair, bair's disjointedness, and her ftilt, dtilt and jab covers a pretty good distance. ;o

edit: lol rick, i was typing this while u posted. who cares, just keep going :p

oh, and none of the female members ever post here 'cept that one recent PP777 thread, lol.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
well, i meant the double jumped autocancel'd fair though for distance. it'd be kinda dumb to use it if ur in my grill trying to spike me lol. now that i think about it if ur going for dsmash spikes we probably shud be eating a lot more ledge'd uairs from most of the cast. =O

White-Peach

Smash Ace
-Spike Recovery

Everything else is playstyle. She cant defend herself well in the air unless you're willing to give up your fresh FAir (but if you spam it anyway, you have a strong defense.) She has a slow float speed, but if you have fast fingers, you dont use the float as primary means of movement, you use it to manipulate the spacing of your attacks. She really doesnt have horrific weakspots, she just lacks a little extra something broken to dominate.

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
she's always been known for her technique playing

so if you don't like working extremely hard for your kills, you've come to the wrong place

Villi

Smash Lord
I'm not certain, but I think the dsmash spike only works if you fast fall and try to get back on stage while still being in contact with the ledge. If you let go the other way, you can still ledge hop fair with 0 lag or even get back on the ledge. I can't really think of a situation where she doesn't have an option to recover... Heck, if you still have your float, you can even recover from the other side. lolmaybe.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

- KO ability

- Ledge options

- Range issues (?)

- Easily killed
Some of these aren't too glaring.

KO ability can be overcome with some talent and trickery, and her lightweight can be stretched with good di. Otherwise, I wouldn't consider range an issue. What with turnips and the fair.

What I would consider Peach faults in is her ledge game. I hate that place. Even with the LFC, you still need the float.

Not to mention her horrific situation in returning from above the stage. Peach is incredibly vulnerable in the air, not to mention her options are very limited. It's either airdodge, dair, or float away toward the ledges. NONE of these are good.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Lol@JtM and his double meanings.

We as the Peach Boards go through great lengths to punish sex offenders and protect our pure princess.

And that is why we need some solutions to meno's last post. The ledge and high in the air is such a **** pain. All I know is that if I have a turnip in my hand high in the air i'm probably gonna z drop it to limit some options just like w/ snakes midair c4. A lot of the time now i'm trying to find ways to get away w/ landing towards the middle of the stage since people want to force you to land on one of the ends just so they can get me offstage again or try to kill me. ;o

BentoBox

Smash Master
Instead of using a ledgehopped f-air, something else you could do to make it somewhat safely on the ledge is doing a backwards ledgehopped b-air and DI towards the stage. Because of the way it moves your hurtbox, it seems to give you a small vertical boost and you'd land on the ledge with zero lag, hence enabling you to pull a shield up asap. If say a marth tries f-smashing you as soon as he sees you move, he'd prolly whiff because of your arc'd trajectory, same goes for d-smash happy Peaches.

I don't really expect you guys to be able to visualize any of this until you've watched this :p :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwL1pvZb5JM 3:14

Peach bomber also gives a similar boost and can take your opponents by surprise... I generally hate going for a ledgehopped f-air because her tiny second jump makes the timing too strict and I always end up messing it up :[ and lay flat on the ground... just asking for some spanking~

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
One of Peachs best ledge options if someone like Marth is trying to D Tilt you off is to drop down, use her 2nd jump instantly and then use Toad. It's down in my Toad guide somewhere :p

By dropping down, you avoid getting hit by the agressive edgeguarding attack. Using your 2nd jump and the Toad bounce then allows you to rise up and counter the attack. This sends your opponent away and you can still recover with your Up + B without gimping yourself by accident

White-Peach

Smash Ace
for the ledge:

i've been dropping and UpB'ing for invincibility, then double jump => air dodging to the stage into: shield; dodge; slap. I've thrown some NAirs in there too without the air dodge. Peach's puny 2nd jump strategic usage go~ :D

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
You can also use a uair, since it boosts her up a bit and cancels VERY quickly upon contact to the ground. This is only if someone is trying to spike you/right next to the ledge, though. It's still an option nonetheless to getting onto the stage again.

With floating back on over the stage, you have to try and trick the opponent as to which way you'll recover. Sometimes you'll have to just float as far over as you can, other times stop by the ledge... in other words, use Peach's float to mix up how and when you're going to try landing. This is a luxury that VERY few other characters have, if any at all.

I'll agree her biggest weakness is recovering from the ledge. But still, she has more than she did in Melee. A LOT more.

Top Bottom