• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Matchups as the Metagame Progresses, IMO

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Regardless, I learned so much about Peach this weekend after watching Nicole and Raz play it's almost impossible for her metagame not to evolve.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I agree Ill, I feel like I learned alot too even though i did crappy in brackets.

@Meno: LOL at have i perfected freepull and bonewalk.

not even close. :/

i usually just edge cancel turnips, because that makes me get them quickly and i was already gonna run away to get them anyway, why not go a little further and do it quicker? i totally agree with you that getting them quickly is a very good thing. i try to use them multiple times so i dont have to pull that many, and so i dont get punished for pulling them. dont take my analaysis as saying that i dont use turnips, because i certainly do. i just use alot less of them than most peaches i watch. it may even be personal preference - i just dont like to waste time pulling them when i could be doing something else to mk. i could go on forever about that MU though, haha. i wish i knew all of the high tiers as well as i know him.

btw, what is the advantage of using freepulling AND bonewalking? they pretty much do the same thing, right? i know bonewalking is a bit easier (i think), so why not just use that? obviously if i b-sticked none of this would be an issue :psycho:

(but then i couldnt DI).

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Nicole, glad you finally agree with me that D3 has the advantage in the D3-Peach MU...haha

Top D3's like Atomsk should never lose to a Peach of near the same level IMO. D3 has all the right tools to beat Peach.

Also, Illmatic, I got you next time, trust that. :)
(the call out)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
freepull is faster coz u don't have to do the dash. it means u can do it last second to make ppl whiff and then punish w/ the turnip.

also the way u describe fighting against mk, mk can just bait you into the air and nado.

also w/ the going out and gimping him it's the same thing, i know i'd just nado or drill rush or glide under the stage or rly rly high.

pch can't rly chase mk. i think she can just kinda camp and make him whiff and figure out when he's shielding so we can grab or poke at him.

as for DDD I think it's even. Peach has a good enough pressure game to force him in his shield and land grabs. She can combo his *** but DDD just lives forever and long enough to **** w/ bair and grab but it's gonna be a long campy match. At any rate DDD is a character that prob shud be timed out. Even if it's not intentional if you're winning against him just don't approach coz he's a d-bag character anyway.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Freepuling is just not practical for me.

The Peach D3 matchup is going to change to slight advantage once we fine legitimate ways to set up Uair String to upsmash. Just like with DK I can do either chain grab or dair -> turnip throw -> uair string now easy, and the great thing is it's just about frame guaranteed.

With the ability to rack up damage so much more faster than them, it'll be our favor.

Wario: chain grab or grab release to uair string. Or grab release to footstool -> bair reset -> to grab.

My goodness we gotta start using these mechanics Peach has.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It depends on how you look at Free Pulling and Bone Walking

On one hand, Free Pulling lets you move quickly out of the way of potential danger and leaves you with a Turnip in hand, which is good because you can either run away and reset the situation or use the Turnip for shield pressure/follow ups
Bone Walking lets you pull a Turnip whilst running away, so you can essentially combine the Turnip pull lag with running. You reset the situation and avoid having to pull the Turnip at the other side of the stage so if someone is chasing you, shield is an option

On the other hand, Free Pulling doesn't move you very far and the Turnip pull is still 29 frames. How many characters are going to use something that doesn't have huge range that will leave them punishable after this 29 frames is up? You could even get hit whilst you're Free Pulling if they overspace the move or if the range is really long or if they run up and hit/grab you
Bone Walking can seem just as pointless - why not just simply run over to the other side of the stage and then pull the Turnip? You don't limit you're options to simply moving unlike with Bone Walking where you're open to anything, particularly projectiles

I can Bone Walk consistently so I don't appreciate Free Pulling as much as I should. Watching vids of Meno and Yami have definitely helped me see uses in it but my dilemma is whether its actually helpful or not, same goes for Bone Walking. If I was going to pull the Turnip anyway, what harm would there be in being allowed to move around whilst doing it? But am I going to end up using Free Pulling in situations where I would have been better off doing something else?

Of course the biggest problem is controls. My biggest gripe with B Sticking is that you lose SDI - everything else you can do (its just trickier) but loss of SDI is a bad thing in my books. Bone Walking isn't too tricky once you get it cracked but Free Pulling is a nightmare to pull off consistently...its very fiddly

As for DeDeDe, I honestly think we have some sort of disadvantage. Bair stops all air options and is difficult to punish on the ground due to his multiple jumps. The chaingrab/pummel + backthrow also means you get a hefty 20% damage at least on you - that's 1/5th of the way to being killed by Up Tilt (or a Gordo if you're unlucky and that's at lower percents). His F Tilt sucks for trying to Glide Toss or mix it up on the ground, getting CG'ed offstage means you have to go through the tedious process of trying to get back onstage, recovering can be tricky because he can Fair you if you go for the ledge and you mess up the angling of your Parasol. To top it all off, we can't kill. Unless you can get an Up Smash (and even then he'll be surviving above 100%) usually from punishing his Up + B after you've barraged him with Turnips, DeDeDe will probably live up to at the very least 150%
Thank goodness we have Turnips and Float :awesome:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nicole, glad you finally agree with me that D3 has the advantage in the D3-Peach MU...haha

Top D3's like Atomsk should never lose to a Peach of near the same level IMO. D3 has all the right tools to beat Peach.
Sorry to crush you laughter, But this aint true at all.

No top D3 players have ever played a Peach that has mastered and abused bone walking and free pull on them. I tested this on a good DDD player. he had a hard time freaking touching me. Peach camps better than DDD. And he is not fast enough to catch her when he is evading away with turnips like this.

Now with the new style that I have and was told to use thanks to some amazing NYC players, my mind on this ratio has changed. it went from even to Lil in Peach favor. Bone walk and free pull. to camp him while evading. Next while doing this, create a smart wall of turnips. This **** becomes so hard for his fat *** to go in. Peach really does not need to approach DDD much. She can do a hit and run. And she can pressure him to no end. Once she gets her hits, repeat this gay process.

He takes a while to die? Bet, don't mean **** to me. I am in no rush (Now) not rush or kill him. I have such a simple time getting so much damage on him by camping his ***. I can get him at that damage that I need to get him on then kill him. And I don't rush in for the kill ether. if he is at like 300, I am not gonna go rambo and kill him. Thats a problems lots have. I just got off this crap. That opening will come if you take it slow and move in slow.

Not even bairs are gonna save you here. Turnip wall with evasion and spacing makes it hard for DDD to get in. Then her pressure on him add to the pain and damage he will be getting.

So yea..........haha.

I'll MM any damm DDD in the USA. ANYONE. I'll show you that all Peach players were sandbagging in this match up and not playing it correctly.

Cook

Smash Master
Ill, did we go 1-1 in friendliess with DDD or did you win 2 and I won 1? Just curious. Either way, I also think DDD beats Peach. All of that turnip nonsense is irrelevant imo because DDD can just be on the ground and powershield them pretty easily.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ill, did we go 1-1 in friendliess with DDD or did you win 2 and I won 1? Just curious. Either way, I also think DDD beats Peach. All of that turnip nonsense is irrelevant imo because DDD can just be on the ground and powershield them pretty easily.
And thats actually where peach would want you to be.

Cook

Smash Master
^How do you figure? I love being on the ground against Peach, that's where I grab, lol. Not that being in the air is bad, either.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
^How do you figure? I love being on the ground against Peach, that's where I grab, lol. Not that being in the air is bad, either.
You are not olimar. You go right ahead and PS. You still have to deal with Peach on the ground psacing her moves and pressuring you. Even if you power shield and try to like bair.

Really if I have the lead. You wanna sit there and Power shield, ok, who the heck said I have to go near you. I'll have fun with my wall and spacing that you have to get through to get damage off me to catch up on that lead.

Also If I glide toss to you at the right distance where I can space a jab even if you PS, you CANNOT GRAB ME OUT OF IT. it becomes more gay if I jab cancel. And I can just do that then bonuce away and go back to the gay stuff I was doing.

But since this is not legit and PS is gonna do it all against my silly turnip nonsense, tell me. What excatly you gonna do out of a PS when all this is going on. Do tell since what I speak is nonsense. You sure must know more than me to say this yea?

So enlighten me.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lol, I don't remember. Regardless they were pretty close. You knew how to fight Peach, haha.

Coney, I'll money match your DDD.

dat wifi practice

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Imo i think this is what it should look like:

MK - pretty even (45:55) I dont think its even, match should be about 60-40 disadvantage, at some points mk gets difficult to KO, and he can easily gimp, ****, punish, be gay.

Snake - bad (40:60) OK

Falco - bad (40:60) Even imo, Camping and being patient is key, Falco illusion can be punished with float Nairs and Bairs and even Uairs i think. Hes easy to gimp, but an annoying camper.

Diddy - good (60:40) should be 50-50 even, diddys banana combos are annoying, but peach can easily counter them back. even match. imo

Wario - even (50:50) Ok

ICs - almost even (55:45) if its on peachs favor, then yes.

Marth - bad (40:60) Sadly

Dedede - bad (40:60) Yup.

Gdubz - evenish (45:55) Even

Lucario - even or maybe a little for peach (55:45)

Pikachu - good (60:40)

Lolimar - even (50:50) 55-45 to peach, since olimar has lots of trouble vs this girl :3

Toon Link - bad (40:60)
Zamus - same as ever (50:50)
Pit - same as ever (50:50)

ROB - pretty even (55:45)
Kirby - good (60:40)
DK - almost even (45:55)

Fox - a little bad (45:55) Should be even

Luigi - good (60:40)

Wolf - same as fox (45:55) Ok

Ike - good (60:40)
Sonic - good (60:40)
Yoshi - a little bad (45:55)