• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
What happened to her Dsmash? Your main stole it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This crap again?

Ok, I had enough of this crap

*goes right now to buy a wii, so I can just pwn with Peach*

Peach aint good and all eh? I'll put my coins on the line I'll freaking change these crazy opinions. this **** is comming to an end!

yuo

Smash Cadet
haha, just play wolf instead :)
No really, it's still relatively early to be cynical. Peach was definitely nerfed but its not too late for her.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
QFT... or something.

Melee Peach was good at racking up damage. Brawl Peach? Not so much. Her moves had little hitstun to start with. Now, they have even less hitstun because of the new No Hitstun-system. Her 2nd Jump has been übernerfed so you won't be comboing off of any aerial now, except Dair at really low percentages (but it's a multi-hit so people could actually tap DI out of it into an aerial if they're really good).

And, pretty much all of her moves (except for a few) have been nerfed damage-wise. So... we have moves that don't inflict much damage and bad comboability. She's not really that good at racking up damage, that's what I'm saying here. There are a lot of people way better than her at it.

Everyone has recoveries good enough to airdodge and make it back safely. It's called DI. You DI whatever Peach used to knock you off the stage and recover high. What's Peach going to do when they airdodge the aerial? Peach doesn't have any Semi-Spikes to forces them to recover at least nominally low.

Also, even if they recover quasi-low, everyone's got buffed Up Bs now. So airdodging into Up B would still work. Not to mention 2nd jumping and whatever other tricks people have. Peach was pretty bad at off-stage KOs unless she was high up or floating in Melee (because her aerials all lasted/lagged too long). In Brawl, her 2nd jump screws it up for her.

So if she's floating towards someone, they can just do below her with a fastfall/airdodge and she won't be able to drop the float with an aerial lest she have a death wish (or she's quite high up). She's good at off-the-stage KO's. But she's not that good anymore because of the nerfed 2nd jump and new game mechanics.

Seeing as how almost all of her vertical knockback moves require quite a lot of damage to KO (except for the still-nominally slow Fsmash), vertical moves are quite good if you can sweetspot them.

The problem is that you have to knock them off it to begin with. For which you need to first rack up damage...

Dair doesn't combo though because it launches now and her 2nd jump is utter crap. And the damage ain't that great unless all hits connect (say hello to Tap DI).

Just because you want her to be good doesn't mean she will be. People won't figure out any godly combos and strategies with her if no such combos or strategies exist. At the moment, Peach isn't looking that good. It might change. It might also not.

ok first thing i want to say is this: If Melee peach was ported into brawl she'd be Overpowered/F'ing incredible/best character in the game. Just throwing that out there.....

secondly her 2nd jump does have its uses....uses you didnt have with melee peach. Like when falling on top of a enemy then jumping to pause in the air for the half second needed to work in the d-air. But its a double edged sword; the lack of a good 2nd jump is probbly her biggest weakness. In fact the only characters i feel at a disadvantage when playing against are the ones that can fly over my head. You just cant reach that high in the air with her jump the way it is.

The thing is tho, i think she was made that way on PERPOSE. Her weakness is flying characters. Everyone else is a even/favorable match for peach. Think about it....

As far as getting players off the map try keeping the "Seal of Freshness" on your N-air and F-air. Just using these moves even once drasticly reduces what would otherwise be lethal knockback. A fresh N-air at around 80-90% from a ground float set you up VERY nicely for a Fresh F-air.

the problem is her n-air is pretty nessisary for her normal comboability.

Which is why i ***** everything else in her moveset instead of those 2 moves to get them to 80-90%.

Bralw peach is less about how you string your moves together, and more about WHEN you pull of her stronger moves.

Its a hard pill to swallow, but with peach, just becuase you CAN connect a move doesnt mean you should. I know its hard to resist slapping the **** out of someone with peaches crown every chance you get, but i assure you that youll get kills Faster if you dont. This sounds way more counter-productive on paper then it actually is in-game.

Whenever i go all out with peach my opponets live to 160-180 and higher. When i play intellegently and save my stronger moves, my enemies rarely live past 120. Peach players have to play more conserved than evey other character; which really matches the Pincesses personality more than every other playing style.

When i first read the OP before the game came out i considered swithing to another character. Then i realized that i would actually envy anyone i ran into that mained her effectivly. I tried to go elsewhere...but this is Princess-Mother-F***ing-Peach were talking about. There is noone cooler than her.

Now all this negitivity actually adds to the appeal of using peach. Whats more satisfying then getting really good with a character that noone likes and showing the world how terribly wrong they actualy were.

In conclusion....
PRINCESS BEAST is the best character in the universe :chuckle:
Get it?
Got it?
Good....

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
ok first thing i want to say is this: If Melee peach was ported into brawl she'd be Overpowered/F'ing incredible/best character in the game. Just throwing that out there.....

secondly her 2nd jump does have its uses....uses you didnt have with melee peach. Like when falling on top of a enemy then jumping to pause in the air for the half second needed to work in the d-air. But its a double edged sword; the lack of a good 2nd jump is probbly her biggest weakness. In fact the only characters i feel at a disadvantage when playing against are the ones that can fly over my head. You just cant reach that high in the air with her jump the way it is.

The thing is tho, i think she was made that way on PERPOSE. Her weakness is flying characters. Everyone else is a even/favorable match for peach. Think about it....

As far as getting players off the map try keeping the "Seal of Freshness" on your N-air and F-air. Just using these moves even once drasticly reduces what would otherwise be lethal knockback. A fresh N-air at around 80-90% from a ground float set you up VERY nicely for a Fresh F-air.

Which is why i ***** everything else in her moveset instead of those 2 moves to get them to 80-90%.

Bralw peach is less about how you string your moves together, and more about WHEN you pull of her stronger moves.

Its a hard pill to swallow, but with peach, just becuase you CAN connect a move doesnt mean you should. I know its hard to resist slapping the **** out of someone with peaches crown every chance you get, but i assure you that youll get kills Faster if you dont. This sounds way more counter-productive on paper then it actually is in-game.

Whenever i go all out with peach my opponets live to 160-180 and higher. When i play intellegently and save my stronger moves, my enemies rarely live past 120. Peach players have to play more conserved than evey other character; which really matches the Pincesses personality more than every other playing style.

When i first read the OP before the game came out i considered swithing to another character. Then i realized that i would actually envy anyone i ran into that mained her effectivly. I tried to go elsewhere...but this is Princess-Mother-F***ing-Peach were talking about. There is noone cooler than her.

Now all this negitivity actually adds to the appeal of using peach. Whats more satisfying then getting really good with a character that noone likes and showing the world how terribly wrong they actualy were.

In conclusion....
Get it?
Got it?
Good....
You're my hero!

Master Peach

Smash Ace

Brawl peach is less about how you string your moves together, and more about WHEN you pull of her stronger moves.

In conclusion....
Get it?
Got it?
Good....
Dude your Awesome lol.

"PRINCESS BEAST is the best character in the universe"
I'm loving this qoute right here. You win.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Cultivate your hunger before you Idealise

I dunno.
I've found myself being able to juggle opponents, (Down grab, u tilt, Shffl Bair) And stuff like that, or even, (Foward b, Fair) To the point where any move kills.
Peach is still good. ^_^​

Motivate your anger, and make them all realise...

abgar

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I thought I was the only one who felt this way.
her side taunt, the peach bomber, her other attacks, the way she walks. that the only way i see her "nerfed".

i guess that gives her a personality, unlike the robot like melee peach.

and i only use her daisy costume too.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
her side taunt, the peach bomber, her other attacks, the way she walks. that the only way i see her "nerfed".

i guess that gives her a personality, unlike the robot like melee peach.

and i only use her daisy costume too.
Dude.....are you my lost brother?

Mizar

Smash Ace
Dude I think the frickin frying pan does 23 dmg uncharged. Thats crazy. I don't know if the brawl peach is better though. Her projectiles are nerfed for sure, but the other attacks seem equally good or even better. (ok ok, her D-smash is way worse) But I don't think peach mainers would have much problems skipping to brawl peach. right?

freakachu

Smash Rookie
i gave it my best try... seriously.. i tried to love peach for who she became. and it aint happenin. she ****in sux in every way possible. every single move has been nerfed. the only moves that got perked were sh***y to begin with. this realization came to me when i got ***** by ike.. he gets his moves out quicker than most of peaches. sad, sad day.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
she ****in sux in every way possible. every single move has been nerfed. the only moves that got perked were sh***y to begin with. this realization came to me when i got ***** by ike.. he gets his moves out quicker than most of peaches. sad, sad day.
That's complete bull****... I'm sorry, but everything in this post is completely false... except for maybe the fact that you got ***** and that it's a sad day.

I went back to Melee and did pretty badly. I naturally took my Brawl style and got destroyed. I tried to quickly get readjusted to the old Float-canceling style, but it didn't end well.

Peach is a little girlier, but she so much more adorable.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
i never played "apple" anyway...shes just not that appealing to me. I suppose its fun to be good with her but to me she never was a really big character

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
omg vidjo quits playing peach ?! ^^
I'm a melee-peach player and I have to say I like brawl Peach really !
She's much faster, than I thought she should be and her Aerial attacks are strong !
against ddd, bowser and other lame chars you still can floating DAir to NAir "combo"
I just love it ! =D

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I hear all this stuff about Melee Peach players disliking her so much and that she sucks now and whatnot, but I played Peach fairly commonly in Melee and personally I don't see her as being terrible at all...

There's got to be a reason for all this low-tier calling, right?

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
for sure ^^
but i dunno them ^^
But I think peach is not that low, anyone says ^^
I think her DSmash is still very effective and floating "combos" still work too
so where is the matter ?!
about the nerfed throws ?!
look at the other advantages ! =D

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
After playing as her, I don't see how she could be low tier at all! She has a lot of priority on her attacks, good KO power in a few of her moves, good aerial control, a strong ground game, and although she has been Nerfed from Melee, she still seems very good all round to me.

She's certainly not in the same league as Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff!

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I think people exaggerate when they say Peach has been nerfed.

"Turnips totally suck now"

Not true at all, the only thing you have to do is jump to throw it farther. And may I add "Glide Tossing". And why should we care about stitch-face, it only comes out 1.7% of the time.

"The down smash doesn't kill at 300%, Peach is low tier"

Down Smash has been seriously nerfed, but that doesn't mean it has no need now.

"Float canceling is out"

But all her aerials are faster and they have almost no lag after hitting the ground. The only bad thing is that they can block your fair and grab you.

"Peach's second jump doesn't do anything"

Why do we need the second jump if we have FLOATing.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Peach has a GREAT Dsmash in the context of Brawl Dsmashes, the only thing bad about it is that it doesn't suck in like Pikachu's or R.O.B.'s. Sure, it doesn't kill, but it's not meant to be a killing move anymore.

abgar

Smash Apprentice
and shes the best character to use in boss rush mode, Peach bomber Owns the bosses.

Villi

Smash Lord
But all her aerials are faster and they have almost no lag after hitting the ground. The only bad thing is that they can block your fair and grab you.
That happened in Melee, too. If you're spaced well, chars shouldn't be able to shield grab you.

I don't know about Peach being top tier only because I still get lots of comments like I'm the first Peach people have played etc. It makes me think a lot of people don't play as her so not many people are going to be winning tourneys with her. Aren't tiers based on tournament data? I may be confused...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
and shes the best character to use in boss rush mode, Peach bomber Owns the bosses.
Fox does better on Intense Boss Battles though.

Anyway, I hardly ever used her in Melee, but I do seem to use her a decent number of times in Brawl. Not one of my mains though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom