• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, she really sucks too much to play. Especially when Marth is still godly and Fox is at least really, really good.

In comparison, Peach is like Bowser in Melee vs. Sheik in Melee or something equally ridiculous.

No combos, no KO moves, no high damaging moves, no good throws, nerfed projectiles.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
No, she really sucks too much to play. Especially when Marth is still godly and Fox is at least really, really good.

In comparison, Peach is like Bowser in Melee vs. Sheik in Melee or something equally ridiculous.

No combos, no KO moves, no high damaging moves, no good throws, nerfed projectiles.
The fact that all of those are true makes me sad. I'll stick with her though as a fun alternate, but I'll definitely just be maining Zelda this time around (instead of Zelda/Peach in Melee).

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

tch, well that bites. You think she was nerfed from E-4-All? Because impressions of her there were glowing.... I know for sure they nerfed her F-throw and running speed (was faster than Kirby) from that time. Tch, that pisses me off. Why can't they hire anyone decent to balance for crying out loud? The "balancing" they've done makes no sense.

EDIT:
This thread fails...complaining is lame
There's a difference between complaining and stating a negative fact/opinion. And when that is done by the best Peach in the nation you'd better take it into consideration.

EDIT: ^ Ignore this statement lol. I was just pissed that my main was nerfed :X

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
What if shes different in the U.S. version? I doubt it though....
But seriously you guys need to play with her more and learn to adapt to her new play style...I mean you cant expect to be all good with her in Brawl because you were in Melee.....
This is Brawl not Melee...Give it time....
But if you want to switch then go ahead...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
OK, this is getting scary ~_~ What will I do against my Fox/Marth friends? I guess Kirby and Peach will switch places for me... that's assuming Kirby got competitive enough.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
well im still wit peach a bit but ive kinda abandoned her and Ganon too - but i still use peach bcuz even tho shes got no ko moves, weaker attks (a few), ton of nerfed stuff (jump/turnip)...i feel that u dont actually have to change how u play Peach, to me she seems a bit similar to melee just now u gotta work harder and go thru more of a struggle for an ultimate victory.

with that said - ROB + ZSS + WARIO FTWWW

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
**** i really have to agree now, the more i play her the more i don't like her...i was so looking forward to maining her in brawl but she really is looking really useless now, unless someone finds an advanced hidden/glitch techinique that suddenly elevates peach, i'm probably going to switch mains.

:(

*is very sad*

Liquid-Gold

Smash Cadet
Things are looking very bad for our fair maiden. :(

Perhaps when we get a better handle on things in the comming months, we'll be able to devise a strategy for her new physics. But for now all I can say is:

"Sakurai, you filthy, filthy, *******"

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm sure there'll be some awesome Peach players. She may be less effective, but there were good Kirby/Mewtwo/Bowser players in Melee, and I don't think she's as bad as those characters. Sheeesh... I really want to play Brawl ~_~

Liquid-Gold

Smash Cadet
I'm sure there'll be some awesome Peach players. She may be less effective, but there were good Kirby/Mewtwo/Bowser players in Melee, and I don't think she's as bad as those characters. Sheeesh... I really want to play Brawl ~_~
Good point. I was fairly decent with Pichu in Melee, so I'm hoping I can play fairly well with her in Brawl.

I want to play Brawl horribly as well. I went into Brawl withdrawl (rhyme) on Feb. 10 @_@

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
There will be an influx of people who play as Peach BECAUSE she appears to be nerfed into futility. That way no one will know specifically how to handle her.

I don't think she's useless though... just average.

It's impressive that with a nerf list as unmatchable as Peach's, she's just average, and not that far below XD

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
It not just that she isn't as effective, she not that much fun either... for me it was cool to test out her new handling, but the barrage of nerfs she received severely restricts her capabilities.

The hardest nerf for me was without a doubt the lag time between successive aerials... that sucks a huge amount of effectiveness and fun for me. After about 5 hours of playing peach i had seen enough. Her floating speed after her up B is insanely slow.

Unless ur a diehard peach fan, B.Peach is not gonna bring a smile to your face., so as long as you don't get your expectations up, you won't be too dissapointed.

Its possiible she is below average to early to know yet of course until after the US release tho. Certainly not top tier material tho.

True Fool

Smash Ace
The Sleepy One is a pretty cool guy, he talks about pros and doesn't afraid of anything.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
How many pros. are quit they own favorite charcters. >_>
Err....two I think so far >>

They are (as total)

Xif (well he didn't really quit quit. He'll still play Peach, but won't main her or even play her as much. He's maining R.O.B)

Mike G (He didn't sound interested in Peach)

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
At least Peach can best represent her true self, a useless princess that always gets her self kidnapped.
Seriously though, this was disappointing news.
But nothing too colossal.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
She's probably not THAT bad, players who use her act like she'll be on the bottom of the tier list... but she probably won't be high tier anymore... which isn't good for tourney play. D=

peachori

Smash Journeyman
for everyone saying that they're going to stick with her, i sure hope you've played her.
she sucks, she's no fun to play, her style is different, and you can't even camp grandfathers like a ***** like you did in melee because they're not even that great anymore. she really has nothing going for her besides the cool new red dress.

the only person left to post their discontent with her would be cort.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Yeah, it's not like I plan to play just like I did in Melee. All my favorite characters changed, no big deal.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
for everyone saying that they're going to stick with her, i sure hope you've played her.
she sucks, she's no fun to play, her style is different, and you can't even camp grandfathers like a ***** like you did in melee because they're not even that great anymore. she really has nothing going for her besides the cool new red dress.

the only person left to post their discontent with her would be cort.
That's all a matter of opinion... I could say she doesn't suck... and I can REALLY say that she is fun to play with... also I don't like her red dress, I like the pink and blue ones. =P

Niko_K

Smash Master
It really isnt even that bad... Her U air has crazy *** range and so does her ftilt, her fsmash is a good killing move and so is her fair..which comes out faster now. who cares about her nerfed downsmash...STRATEGIZE AND USE SPACING...oh noes...no more dsmash ******.

and the bomber completely ***** edge guarding and chasing.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
She's probably not THAT bad, players who use her act like she'll be on the bottom of the tier list... but she probably won't be high tier anymore... which isn't good for tourney play. D=
no she isn't extremely bad, her fair is extremely dangerous... sh e has to play differently though from melee. Not top tier matterial but still a solid character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom