• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
Have none of you seen Nes on get your tournament?

His/her peach won the tournament. Peach is still a good character.
Could you show me who else attended that tournament?

Results from a few early Brawl tournaments in southern California:

Champ Combo Pocket: 1. Gimpyfish (Metaknight); 2. DSF (Olimar); 3. Champ (Snake/Fox); 4. PsychoMidget (Snake).
Smash at Noho 3: 1. Gimpyfish (Metaknight); 2. Blitz (Zero Suit Samus); 3. Nes (Peach); 4. DC (Marth).
Chapman III: 1. Gimpyfish (Metaknight); 2. PsychoMidget (Snake); 3. DSF (Olimar); 4. Lucky (Marth/Sonic).
Chapman IV (pending): 1. PsychoMidget (Snake); 2. Gimpyfish (Metaknight); 3. DSF (Olimar); 4. C0nn0r (Marth).

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
Wow, now, that's sad @_@ so many peach player leave her after playing like what... some hours?
No, she doesn't have dsmash killer moves anymore, but I main her in brawl and she IS great, you just need to get used to not using her dsmash oftenly, and use her jab for range, FAIR and FSMASH for killing, and DO use her uptilt when someone is coming from up there, and don't overdo Nairs, but they do kill. she IS different now though, you must play her differently.
I've played in tournies and meetings mainly with peach, and I don't do bad at all, and you have to play differently against each and every character.
I've been playing peach for more than a month now, I think there are still many things we need to learn.
I don't think she is an easy character to learn anymore, and I was a peach main in melee too.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Could you show me who else attended that tournament?
http://www.youtube.com/user/getyourtournament

I was under the impression that she'd won a tournament but i might have that wrong

Nes's peach has victories over gimpyfish and Brown though.

imo alot of characters (peach included) have either been buffed or nerfed in some respects purely for balance, there was such a gap in melee from top tier to bottom tier that there probably trying to close it. Peach was near the top, now she's probably down the middle.

Cort

Apple Head
Videos of friendlies don't prove anything. Taking games in tournament sets don't mean as much as winning a tournament set.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Videos of friendlies don't prove anything. Taking games in tournament sets don't mean as much as winning a tournament set.
Point is she can still kick azz and is not as bad as I here people crying about. She can hold her own ground. And I seen Nes play. He is actually good and uses her well. If you get far with her in a tournament then that shows something. Peach is a good character when you get use to her and used right. Take it from people who do well with her. Not ones who give it a few tries and quit.

And note that you cant win them all. And the game just came out.

Mizukami_Jago

Smash Rookie
From everything that I've seen... and of what I've read... (and by the way, yes... I main Peach in Melee...) I don't see any reason to not play Peach... When in the face of such difficulties... you just have to find a way around it... When I started as Peach in melee... it was a clumsy experience, learning the moves and such... I still change my strategy of fighting anyway... I plan on playing Peach. I believe she will remain my main as well... so she's had some changes... I can work with them... I am determined to not let other people's opinions dissuade me from playing her... or any of the other characters...

Although I do have a question... how exactly does this new engine work? It seems awfully similar to Melee's engine (of which I don't know the name...) only different... anyways...

I stand firm on this... to get better with the characters, it will take time... so... let us all persevere and do our best when Brawl hits the U.S.A. (or for those of us who own the game already...)

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
From everything that I've seen... and of what I've read... (and by the way, yes... I main Peach in Melee...) I don't see any reason to not play Peach... When in the face of such difficulties... you just have to find a way around it... When I started as Peach in melee... it was a clumsy experience, learning the moves and such... I still change my strategy of fighting anyway... I plan on playing Peach. I believe she will remain my main as well... so she's had some changes... I can work with them... I am determined to not let other people's opinions dissuade me from playing her... or any of the other characters...

Although I do have a question... how exactly does this new engine work? It seems awfully similar to Melee's engine (of which I don't know the name...) only different... anyways...

I stand firm on this... to get better with the characters, it will take time... so... let us all persevere and do our best when Brawl hits the U.S.A. (or for those of us who own the game already...)
Ellipses DO NOT serve the same purposes as commas and periods. That was painful to read, mostly because I'm so trained to pause when confronted with ellipses.

I'm not an expert, and I haven't played the game before, but from observation, everyone seems a little bit floatier, and heavier, and generally more long lasting. Momentum seems to be significantly more important this game than the last. You put it accurately yourself. It's similar, but it's different.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Cort you and vidjo need to go back and continue playing Melee. A game your good at and spent a LOT of time trying to master with Peach. That where all your skill and effort will lie. Not in brawl. If you *******' don't even have the time or patience to even try and Master Peach in brawl instead of trying to force your Melee style on her then you shouldn't play brawl at all. Your words aren't worth **** around here anymore. You guys think too highly of yourselves. Sure you may be pros in Melee but that's just because you applied yourselves for so many years to get as good as your are. You play Brawl for a few hours or days and you think you know everything about peach. Come back in a year and see how far we can push Peach. We won't give up on peach because of your ignorance. It will take us a long time to master Peach, but it will well worth it when we kick everyones Azz with her. Give up if you want and please don't come back unless you got something useful or constructive to say.

You guys really disappoint me. Such a **** Shame!

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Nice point MP...
But if they dont like her in this game than of course they can leave her and I guess its their opinion and all... But for some people to say she sucks is going a little too far when they probably only played it for a couple of hours at the most....
Have you played yet MP?

Cort

Apple Head
LOL 'Master Peach'

You can try and lecture me all you want, but I've got about 4 years worth of experience on top of whatever you have. I understand how competitive gaming works at it's peak levels, while you don't. I understand a lot more about character match ups and character potential, while you don't. My biggest regret in Melee is choosing a subpar character that can't deal with extremely high level play and the characters used (aka, choosing Peach and dealing with major tournament winning Foxes and Marths)

No where in this thread have I tried to sound all high and mighty (until now, but atleast I'm backing it up with FACTS), you're apparently shoving words down my throat to try and make your nonexistent argument sound that much more reputable.

I understand that Brawl is a completely new game and it has just barely come out, but from my years of experience I can already see that Peach will not be a tournament winning character, and there are a VAST number of characters better than her.

I won't even get into how extremely shallow and uninteresting Brawl is, and how easily I can predict the very high end level play (which you have no concept of), but it's kinda sad.

Oh, and if you want to argue with me using opinions based on nothing about Peach, listen to this: Peach is a stupid character. Why would anyone want to play a ditsy blonde?

LOL *prepares flame shield from the Peach subforums* But seriously guys, if you actually consider everything I've said then you're THAT MUCH CLOSER to understanding high end competitive play. Stop fanboying over a stupid character and listen to fact.

Cort

Apple Head
Any possible flames will be ridden with blind fanboyism over a stupid Nintendo character. The best anyone can sensibly do is tell me that I'm right and that people can play whoever they want, blah blah blah. But if you understand the premise of my posts you'd know that I'm talking about high end competitive play, which very few people touch upon.

I'm trying to help you guys get better at this game.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Master Peach, I'm not one to really flame people ever, but you're a ****ing *******, stfu you don't know **** and Cort knows more than you do about smash in general, if you don't like his opinion then either argue PROPERLY with it or ignore it altogether

it's one thing if I know people are wrong, but when they are wrong AND arrogant about it, and talking down to people who explain things that they know is true logically, then that's another.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
LOL 'Master Peach'

You can try and lecture me all you want, but I've got about 4 years worth of experience on top of whatever you have. I understand how competitive gaming works at it's peak levels, while you don't. I understand a lot more about character match ups and character potential, while you don't. My biggest regret in Melee is choosing a subpar character that can't deal with extremely high level play and the characters used (aka, choosing Peach and dealing with major tournament winning Foxes and Marths)

No where in this thread have I tried to sound all high and mighty (until now, but atleast I'm backing it up with FACTS), you're apparently shoving words down my throat to try and make your nonexistent argument sound that much more reputable.

I understand that Brawl is a completely new game and it has just barely come out, but from my years of experience I can already see that Peach will not be a tournament winning character, and there are a VAST number of characters better than her.

I won't even get into how extremely shallow and uninteresting Brawl is, and how easily I can predict the very high end level play (which you have no concept of), but it's kinda sad.

Oh, and if you want to argue with me using opinions based on nothing about Peach, listen to this: Peach is a stupid character. Why would anyone want to play a ditsy blonde?

LOL *prepares flame shield from the Peach subforums* But seriously guys, if you actually consider everything I've said then you're THAT MUCH CLOSER to understanding high end competitive play. Stop fanboying over a stupid character and listen to fact.
Well I guess its your opinion on her....
What about Peach specifically dont you like about her?
Who're you using now?

Samochan

Smash Master
Shame peach got so much nerfed from e for all when she was actually top tier material this time around. Now she just plain sucks and cannot even approach properly without getting grabbed cause she lacks both range and any hitstun and lags. :/ It's stupid.

I'm gonna play some peach of course, but I don't fancy her new voice actress and peach in ssbm had perfect voice and I had fun time imitating her, one of the reason I play peach cause she is fun to play as, but it'll be a lot less fun when she doesn't just sound right. -_-

on brawl I'll prolly get a new main and start play kirby a lot moar again, he actually seems better than peach this time around laaawl. Ike, zss, samus, meta, olimar and pkmn trainer all seem so much fun. <3

Snakeee

Smash Master
There are actually alot of misunderstanding going on in this thread. Cort, I think people assumed that you used Peach because you liked the character, but really you wanted to use whoever you can win tournaments with right? Well there are always going to be people that want to win tournaments, and those that just want to take their favorite character to the highest level they can (I'm probably a little of both). Anyway, the only problem I have is that you guys are judging characters so quickly and early. I'm not giving up with Peach yet and I'm already discovering things to make her better.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cort, Let keep this debate stable with you and me, no foul words and comments. I dont want it to end up like it was In the Peach boards for melee. We are mature men so no need for high school drama and insults. We talk with respect here in this debate. Now here is what I dont agree with.

Your skills and experience from Melee. Does not say much when you make a point of view for Peach here when the game engine is different. Cant really combo like in melee. And she is DIFFERENT. But keep in mind. There are other characters who are like that. Ganon and C.Falcon are 2 of them that I know so far. I cant agree that one does not put as much work in a character as others and say she cant do her damage nor cant play with her. While someone like me can play her just fine and handle her in any match up. I dont win them all, but I dont lose them all nether. And I'll say right now, this Peach is a pain in the azz. Really hard to get inside people sometimes. Her turnips dont fly as far as it did in melee. Too many stuff happen to Peach this time around that make her not goddess Material.

I may have not been up with the other Peaches in melee but I did try hard. It took me a year and a half to get where I am now with melee Peach. And that still is not good enough to get into brackets from pool matches. Only into second round of pools. And I know all the characters above her give her so much trouble. And below that Falcon. Jiggs. Both links and even a well spaced ganon. In melee as it was, she already had her problems. This is why I only go Peach in tournaments. I wanna actually do it with Peach. its not impossible. But yes its hard as hell. Believe me I already know how hard it is, I go Peach all the time. People say I should use sheik since its half as good as my Peach (Now). But I dont want too. The mor I get my azz kicked by these characters, the more I will be forced to freaking get off my stupid habits and think of ways to win the fights and do it. People wpould have gave up and say "screw it, I'm just gonna counter pick from now on and go Marth or fox" Which is not bad. Its part of the game and nothing against it. But I still wont do it. Cause Peach winning a tournament....is no freaking easy task and her best. While other characters above her dont have it so bad. so I keep working on it.

So With a game that just game out, I cant agree with you saying she wont be able to do damage and such without you giving it way more time. cause thats what it takes. I dont think you became GODLY with a Bad character with Peach in more in a matter of months right. How long that took? So you should give Peach moe time to evole in the metagame of brawl before you can say things like that freely. And Mike G. Nother freaking inspiration. Fastest Peach Ever to hit the stage and beat the hell out of every character with Peach. And Mike G told me his story with Peach. So many azz kickings he took and other stuff that he did and happen to get his Peach to what we saw owning. And its another reason I play how I do and create my own styles. Cause of him.

but what I do give you is that even with none of the techs and such like in melee. The way a Player thinks does not change. You still have to out smart people. Think ahead. And with years of experience that wont be too hard for some people like you right.

But think of it like this. You can have all the power in the world. Your a god. With these powers, you can beat anyone. But what good are these powers if you have no clue how to use them? You cant do a damm think about it. Thats how it is right now. Even with good experienced players. You have all the experience. You can think ahead, you can see what is comming. etc. But with no control of a character, it wont do much use to you. Understand the character. figure stuff out. Learn what works in which situation. What does not work. etc. Then once you went at it for a good while. Then I say you can give your final input on it. But for a game that just came out and people already haveing trouble. That opinion of yours I cant see valid to how Peach will be in the future once brawl grows.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
All I can really say about Peach in tournament play is(in my opinion) it is VERY UNLIKELY that a peach will win a "national" tournament. The tiers in melee just play too much of a factor(again this is my own opinion) in melee. Sure I win some local tournies with Peach and what not but when I travel out-of-state it becomes much harder and usually it means I'll have to switch to Marth or Fox to handle some matches because, unfortunately, Peach just doesn't have what it takes to handle them. I like to play Peach, but when I'm playing to WIN, using just Peach is imo just too much work.

For example, when I played Forward's Sheik recently with Peach. I kept getting 2 or 1 stocked, over and over and over. I couldn't win. I'd probably win 1 out of every 5 matches we played. Did I change characters? No, but I think I could have done a bit better on the win ratio if would have chosen someone better.

I won a national tournament last year at Midnight Gaming Championships in Dallas, I stuck with Peach the entire time. Do I think I deserved that win? I don't know, there were so many good players there, I was lucky enough to avoid some of those players in my bracket. There were a few close calls and some matches where I still think I should have lost. Sure there was some skill involved, but I think I just got a lucky break. I think Wobbles should have beat me and took the tourny but I was lucky enough to take the win.

So in closing, do I think that I could ever do the same thing again at a national tourny with Peach? Most likely not. You just have to ask yourself is it worth the effort you have to put in(and a lot of luck involved) to try and win a tourny with Peach.

Sorry this post is so sloppy, I'm at work and I'm on my 15 minute break so I had to make this quick >.> I'll make it sound more professional and awesome when I get home :p.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
****, a lot of scrubs in this topic.

Just by language alone I can tell Cort and KOS-MOS will be just fine for brawl.

Accepting your character sucks is the first step guys. I know what it's like to be a fan of a character and want to win, but while it's possible to some degree, at the highest level it is not.

If you're going to use Peach and are looking to be a good player in a competitive atmosphere you better have top tier back up.

I for one was going to use Peach a bit in Brawl, but after reading this Topic I am not. I don't like the character enough to put in the time to fight up hill battles all day.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I highly dislike tier whores. Brawl will be reduced to 5 characters again thanks to them. I'll play Peach because I like her, I couldn't care less if some cranky bitter guy is angry at Peach because they can't play like they have been doing since 2001. This is the Peach sub-board, aimed for Peach players. Since you are not anymore... well, you get the point.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I highly dislike tier whores. Brawl will be reduced to 5 characters again thanks to them. I'll play Peach because I like her, I couldn't care less if some cranky bitter guy is angry at Peach because they can't play like they have been doing since 2001. This is the Peach sub-board, aimed for Peach players. Since you are not anymore... well, you get the point.
That's not very fair. The true tier whores are those who play with high tier characters in casual settings just to attempt to be the best they can and impress their friends. That's way different than having a main, and higher tier alternates to fix awful matchups.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Stating a character sucks and does not deserve to be played simply because it will most likely not be top tier... that sounds like a tier w.hore to me. There's nothing wrong with having an alternate, but character/people bashing is completely unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom