• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Rediscussion: Meta Knight

Nicole

Smash Champion
nicole are you on christmas crack?
lol no.
just annoying to hear mk is 30:70 everywhere.
i mean it really shouldn't annoy me but it's wrong, so it does.

who's even in the peach back room? i know you guys wouldnt let ill join...besides i dunno if any other chars even look at our boards. especially mk, why would they? they think they have the matchup in the bag anyways, why would they bother reading our views on an unwinnable MU that they never lose?

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I stand for 60:40.
Peach can handle MK, it's just difficult. Use turnips, alot.
Idk, I've played the MU afew times and all I've learned is.
1.Dont play aggressively in this MU.
2.Wait for him to approch.
3.Turnips help.:3
I think if its played carefully it's a good 60:40 for MK.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i still think it's 30:70 35:65 at best.

and yeah.. i'm not allowed in the Peach Backroom, haha :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ill and Nicole should get in, Kyon.

Just off the top of my head.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Why not? The Diddies did it for the longest time and they saw great success. The only time I believe everything should be so public is when regions are openly trying to help each other improve and do well out-of-region. I have a suspicion that other character mains (MK included) took a glance at any advancements we've made in the past and took that opportunity to quickly shut us down. Not necessarily true or anything, just a hunch.

Competition comes in many forms. This communistic, hand-holding, "let's help everyone else improve against us and take our money" nonsense should stop imo.

exactly. we need to do whatever it'll take to increase peach's success. besides, there's plenty of peach vids out and a good number of peaches around. if people want to figure out how to beat peach and figure out stuff that we privately shared and worked on then they can start by playing peach, playing against peach, or watching peach vids.

tl;dr: it's fine to be selfish, imo we need to be more selfish anyway.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
exactly. we need to do whatever it'll take to increase peach's success. besides, there's plenty of peach vids out and a good number of peaches around. if people want to figure out how to beat peach and figure out stuff that we privately shared and worked on then they can start by playing peach, playing against peach, or watching peach vids.

tl;dr: it's fine to be selfish, imo we need to be more selfish anyway.
I don't necessarily agree, but I can see why you could be saying this.

if we don't let the information flow we restrict the possibilities of a counter-strategy being formed

however unless its something extremely powerful you are simply delaying the inevitable which imo is limiting yourself.

but I guess if you want short-lived success....

which is why I am in favor of sharing if we feel like it, keep secrets if we feel like it. simply because of how much bull**** mix-up potential this character have.

however I'm not even in the PBR to begin with D:

I'll be there soon tho.

hopefully, maybe.

its a goal of mine.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
flame, don't give me your usual whiny passive-aggressive shots w/ that "short-lived success" garb lol.

ur not clever! ;O

and knowing me for as long as you hae do I strike you as the type that's interested in short-lived success?

i'm just sayin' it's one of a few different things (that I have yet to think of) to help out Peach.

k, now off to work.

culexus・wau

fine fine fine.

not the best way to end that tangent but you get what I mean the countstrats and w.e.

I can agree with the helping out this character though

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There are a few people that are in the PBR that I feel should not even be in there. Nearly all the Peach players that post on the boards are in there. So I really don't see much of a need for it and for that i would just die again. When you could just use that Peach Tatical thread. Wasnt that the reason it was made?

Now if you gonna have a PBR and that thread, There should not be nearly every Peach player in there that post on the boards. Really ones that can not contribute much or just spamm. That is not gonna get anything done at all. You guys are going right back to square one.

But thats all on you so do things as you wish. I'm mostly cause sit this one out until I see something done in legit order. Reasons like this is why I did not even wanna post in the IC thread. So much to character and all. Same time with crazy things being said and some spamm/useless post cause you just can't contribute. Or well enough.

And to put this out there, I seen Flame contribute more than some people in there, and this dude just jumped on Peach. And so far about 70% of the things he has brought up is legit that I read from him. Lets be real here.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
So who do you not want to be in the Peach Back Room at the moment?

I want Flame to be in it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So who do you not want to be in the Peach Back Room at the moment?

I want Flame to be in it.
My opinion does not matter so I refuse to answer that question. It's kyons group so let him do things as he likes. I'm not gonna fight or get into anymore debates with people around here. Even if you are 100% wrong and I could prove it so easy. And if I state my opinion, people are gonna get mad or start something.

So best not worry about it.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I've found that sweet spotted Usmash is easier to land on Metaknight than some of the other characters.

Punish shuttle loop like a god.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sounds sexy.

I remember hearing usmash has invincibility at her hands or something? Pretty sure that's only Melee, but is that in Brawl?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Sounds sexy.

I remember hearing usmash has invincibility at her hands or something? Pretty sure that's only Melee, but is that in Brawl?

Brawl as well

I remember when I was being dumb and Usmashed Kirby Rock.

There was slight invincibility and THEN it hurt me.

Metatitan

Smash Master
A backroom isn't necessarily a group to get the best users of that character that form an elitist discussion but rather a collection of the most intelligent posters, most unbiased posters, and of course best users of the character (since they'll have the actual experience) and get them all to coordinate and work together to discuss the characters metagame and how to improve it. Hopefully several posters will be a combination of at least two of those three qualities. Back rooms usually never accomplish this though :/

Metatitan

Smash Master
Peachguard brown nosing doesn't work. Besides, it's not even that big of a deal. Can we resume the mk MU like this thread was intended for?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I was actually about to say how we should be disscussing the MK MU whenever we're not discussing another MU.

But yeah, so far my input is that we have an easier time landing Usmash on Meta rather than other characters due to their usage of shuttle loop. That's a kill at 85% or higher.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I find myself out ranged on the ground. Most metaknights like to walk to me and just use tilts (forward title and dtilt) and short hop fairs to keep me back. If they see me pluck a turnip they dash and attack or tornado.

Any tips on that?

What I've been trying now is wasping in and jabbing to try and hit him on the tilt cooldown. Or using dash attacks which has surprising speed and range. It works alright.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
As difficult as it may be, only pull turnips at the start of the match and during meta's cool down ORRR when he's on the other side of the stage...

Or you can learn to bonewalk or free pull.

He can seriously punish from a distance which is stupid. He's not even Sonic and I feel that Meta is faster. :/

culexus・wau

You can pull turnips.

you just have to buffer a gtfo asap.

also meno yes upsmash has upper body invuln in this game.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Well I've been bonewalking like a boss for a month now I'm happy with that haha. But Free Pulling is still 20%. I use the Rickerdy method and that's easiest for me besides B-Sticking (which I don't really like to do).

How viable at KO% do you think Dthrow -> Uair is? I can wreck lvl 9 MKs with it and it's encouraging, but that's just because they air dodge after dthrow at those percents. I'm thinking of just dthrowing at high percents, read whatever they do and try to get a fresh uair in

Top Bottom