• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. The Condom (Sheik)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Dude my friend's peach used dtilt to **** my sheik's grab >< Stupid crazy spacing... *grumbles*

**** you ryoko :p

Lol now i haveta try it. I havent been spacing well with peach at all so far ><

edit:
If you DI the dthrow straight up, it's a tippered upsmash. that hurts, since the follow up is any aerial. so no, don't di up

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Breaking the fair.

From what I've found at least. If you are lower than shiek, you can rush the fair and get under her, hitting her with a dash attack or a nair. Don't know if it's practical with bair, uair or ftilt. Haven't had enough practice against Shiek's >_>

The fair hitbox is a sweeping motion like Marth's fair, so you have a couple frames after it first comes out to hit shiek or at least trade hits.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
got a mm coming up. i got a player who doesn't wd, l-cancel, nada. but they know sheik. (for instance when i played with other characters that could be chain throwed i got chain throwed) there money is f-air like most sheiks. my question is should i avoid instant floating because of this. i think my main problem is im in the air too much with peach iono. i've been barely beaten. like we had a 4 plyr ffa and dumb me lost stocks. so i was down to 1 to sheiks 3 (1 v 1 left) at around 50 percentage. basically i got it to sheik's 1 life thanks to a 65 damage cc d-smash. (i love you peach) but still took the L. edge hogging and alot of stuff got me a great but short comeback. how should i recover from a f-air edge guarding sheik. nothing else but f-air. say im hanging on the ledge. btw i never knew i could roll onto the stedge before this page. (idiot) i would always climb up jump or attack. can you be hit in the middle of the roll? j/w i know alot but i cant separate myself from a basic good sheik who trys spiking, etc... but not much advanced. the match might just be fd im going to try to see if i can get a mute city in thooo ;) (2/3)

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Sometimes really simple strategies work against noob strategies.

If he can't l-cancel, then just run up to him while your friend is in the air and shield right before he tries to fair you. Then you can just shield grab him, since he can't l-cancel. As for ground floating. I wouldn't recommend it too much, unless you want to pull out some really quick attacks or tech chase with float cancels etc. Your asking to get punished against pretty much whoever you face if you just sit their on the ground floating.

You should be able to float cancel anything at will while dash dancing, shielding, or whatever situation you want.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
can sheik be shield grabbed off a dash attack.... seriously just won a mm but i couldn't shield grab because after i shielded the dash sheik would end up behind me..... my friend semi spams this so for the enxt mm im just gonna crouch cancel d-smash. lol i got a20-75 percent d-smash today ^ _ ^. but yeaa if anyone can explain handling the dash attack of sheik....

others problems i had were being edge guarded by needles no clue how to get out of it. if i try to keep parasoling each time i get hit until im too high above the needles im just asking for a f-air in my face. another problem... landing aerials on a grounded sheik... i think maybe i should try floating higher and then coming down with float cancelled b-air's or something iono. i also got needle spammed but shielding... wavedashing and shield throwing turnips got me a few combos that cleared me out of that mess.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
if the sheik spaces it right, she can go through...they have to start the dash attack really late though...

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I've kinda found at least for me anyways that taking on Shiek's ground game doesn't work quite as well. What's seemed to work better for me is keeping my distance and approaching the matchup a lot like I would against a Marth. I just prefer to stay out of jabbing and tilting range unless I'm close enough to dsmash in which case I'm dsmashing lol.

I think half of this matchup is just playing smart.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
recent results have shown:
  • Peach-Sheik is harder than Marth-Sheik
  • Sheiks grab game owns Peach
  • Peach's Fair can flat out beat Sheik's Bair
  • I need to use more turnips in this match
    aaaand
  • this thread is beautiful and brings tears to my eyes. Thank you Ryoko.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
...Because I'm too lazy to read back through the pages here, and I don't see it in the first post...

Sheik can dthrow peach into an upsmash depending on where peach DI's to kill her before fair or uair would. However it is dependant upon peach's DI.

So my question is: Which ways does peach need to DI at what percents to avoid being flat out killed by the upsmash?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Shiek and Fox seem to be the biggest counters to Peach now. Marth and Captain I think are much more even matches that really depend on the stage. However I still believe that Peach has some monster counterpicks agains Shiek, such as Mute City.

I'd like to see how people have done at DK64, I know Peach owns at Mute City and most people go to Dreamland, but I've found, Dreamland to be a rather even matchup, simply because the platforms and stage is massive and it can be a challenge to knock Shiek off the stage far enough to edgeguard her.

The ceiling is pretty high, but I think Peach can knock shiek off the stage better, but she can also avoid Shiek's platform camping. It also seems like it is easier for Peach to recover at DK64 than it is at Dreamland. Also Peach can sometimes float over to the barrel if she is needle spiked.

Top Bottom