• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. ROB

stingers

Smash Obsessed
This matchup just seems so easy for you guys. Float over our heads is safe, we can only punish you if you come down, and only with an angled up Fsmash/tilt, so the trajectory is obvious and you guys can bait it, but we can't risk you baiting it because your damage output is too high. Turnips make it so we cant ledge camp AND so that we have an impossible time getting back on once we make it to the ledge from being knocked off. We can't edgeguard you because Umbrella priority is too high. We can camp, but you can float over ALL gyro shots (if we try to fh to gyro, its so obvious what we're gonna do, because we're either charging one already about to shoot, or we have one fully charged for you to just airdodge and grab). Lasers work, but they don't stop Peach from controlling space and approaching with float. We can't beat out your retreating fair with anything, so if you're floating then we have to retreat. Your fair beats our retreating fair, so we have to retreating nair, and even if we win that trade then it stales our main kill move, so we have more trouble killing. We can retreating gyro too, but it runs the risk of being caught, so its not the best option. If we don't win that trade, then we're closer to the ledge, and we have no good way to make the ground back. Turnips cover the right arc that ROB is too tall to dash under, but they drop so sharply that we can't jump.

It's incredibly annoying. What do the peaches think?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
rob's fair isn't so bad at keeping peach's air bs at bay. if rob plays gay enough and runs from the float then fair and lasers can keep it at bay. i think it's peach's adv by a little but it's definitely not easy coz ROB is just gonna run away. Dealing w/ a ledgecamping ROB isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world either. Turnips aren't hard to avoid or catch and from under the stage it's not that easy to beat out ROB's uair if we wanna turnip or chase ourselves.

i think peach in general doesn't rly struggle to rack damage in this mu but it'll be ROB's weight and a rly gay style of play will at least rack up the damage for ROB. These matches last forever coz no1 is gonna die but I guess it'll be much easier if the Peach is beast at powershielding.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Your dair beats our uair as long as you're above the arms of the uair. robs uair doesnt rly have a disjoint compared to peach so you can still beat it out.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
ROBs Fair will beat out whiffed Bairs and outspeed Peach's Fair. ROB's F Smash also hits nicely in the blind spot of Peach's Fair so you can weave in and out of her if she's trying to land Fairs. F Tilt will stop hit Peach out of her jumps, predicting these up close help

Laser will combat Peach's who always do that 'hey look at me, I'm going to jump up from a distance to approach at you with a Float cause I'm silly like that'

ROB's Dair can go through the Parasol if you time it right, thats really dangerous for Peach so she either has to stall you out or Up + B away from her usual sweetspot area

I've noticed retreating Bairs with ROB help combat an airborne Peach
Meno knows about the match up more than I do

You just have to play as gay and campy as possible and make sure you get the lead and keep it by keeping Peach at bay and out of close combat areas. Otherwise, if Peach is feeling really campy, she might steal your Gyro and Float around with it leaving your only projectile as the Laser. I've done this before and it certainly helps run the clock lol

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If Peach plays against ROB correctly, its like 60:40.

it's bad.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
All possible bias aside, I'm fairly experienced with this matchup thanks to playing Silhouette pretty often and I agree with Illmatic's ratio. Her shield pressure game against his OoS game is absolutely ridiculous for him to oppose, especially since her sh dair to buffered floating nair beats all of your OoS options to the punch; his best option against said tactic is to wait out the nair and then try to follow up with a shieldgrab or anything quick, just be aware that a Peach player familiar with the matchup will constantly be altering their spacing, float use, approaches, and shield pressure in order to bait and capitalize on said followups such as buffering a second jump dair to get out of grab range and punish his OoS attempt regardless. Close quarters combat is indeed a guessing game in her favor, as she has more options to utilize.

Also, if the Peach player is exceptional at powershielding everything you do (including tilts) and making correct use of the Gyro against you (including but not limited to Peach Bombering a grounded Gyro both to refresh her moves and have an added mixup upon approach)...it's a really gay matchup for you guys to deal with.

I'll elaborate further when I have more time.

Namesearch bait: Silhouette

z00ted

Another note, we don't really have to worry about dying against ROB, due to our superb aerial control.

The only move we have to worry about is your nair, which is really easy to avoid at high level and punish with an OoS nair or whatever.

z00ted

A Peach shouldn't be getting hit by that either.

Xyless

Smash Master
Another note, we don't really have to worry about dying against ROB, due to our superb aerial control.

The only move we have to worry about is your nair, which is really easy to avoid at high level and punish with an OoS nair or whatever.
avoid at high level? What?

Nair is tough to avoid if he's chasing in the air with it up top.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I think he means at higher levels of play you really should not be getting hit by this move. Even when you are above ROB this move has noticeable start up lag and is difficult for ROB to land especially if Peach mixes up her rate of descent with floating and FF, also the disjoint on Peach's dair can catch ROB's hurtbox before the nair hitbox comes out, but there is a possibility for a trade which is not favorable at high %'s.

z00ted

That's exactly what I meant.
Never be above ROB at high percentages unless you have total control over your float.
A good Peach will know her airdodge won't cut it.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Dayum, KBizz got the book on how to beat me.

He even got the bait and punish down on Smash Boards geez.

Another big part of ROBs game you guys can mess with is his gimp game, the massive priority of your Up-B and lingering hitbox makes you tough to mess with when you want the ledge. (edit: already mentioned, oh well)

but besides that how weak your second jump is and the lack of distance without your float (which ROB can steal with laser) can make for an easy gimp when ROB plays his cards right, so Peach has quite the gamble defensively vs ROB offstage. <- Hence why KB WILL be in my next combo vid, NASTY gimps at SiiS 2.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL you talking about that nasty bair you trapped me into eating near the blastzone? That was pretty sick, not gonna lie. xD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Camp harder, it's Peach's favor but it's not that bad. NinjaLink and HugS back in the day gave me trouble.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
You guise have not played a ROB who knows the MU, cuz the way you're talking you make it seem like ROBs fall for that D-Air against their shield. A good ROB will not let you D-Air his shield to begin with, ROB has plenty of options against an approaching Peach float to block her from coming, F-Tilt, F-Smash, N-Air, F-Air along with his spacing.

ROB can make easy work of Peach's turnips by catching them, or jabbing through them they help out his glide toss game more than Peach's as well as he glide tosses so fast he can catch it again and continue to glide around the stage if he wants.

You don't need to be in the air for a ROB to kill you, F-Tilt at high damage will get through you and then Lazor, Top off the edge or some fun ROB edgeguarding. ROB is the best edgeguarder in the game IMO, he doesn't even need to get off the edge to edgeguard someone right. He can also fly in the same area where you'll recover and just time an aerial there to kill you. He CAN spike you pretty easily, he CAN B-Air you pretty easily as well.

I know Peach has great advantages on ROB but she also has disadvantages against him, SHE WILL have a hard time killing ROB, ROB is probably the second or third hardest character for Peach to kill after Snake and DDD. She cannot gimp him, and her F-Air will quickly decay against him. A good ROB can survive F-Airs on FD at 180% even if only slightly decayed.

A good ROB can wreck Peach's glide toss approach as well, power shield then grab or jab. Peach's jab to grab trick won't work against ROB as ROB can buffer a grab much faster than Peach can even after a jab. This MU isn't easy but it's not like it's a complete win for ROB either.

I say 60 : 40 in ROBs favor, I think most people just haven't played good ROBs who know this MU well as there are so few. My brother is probably the best ROB at this MU and he owns almost every Peach he's played.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wrong. Silhouette is quite knowledgeable against Peach. I still pressure the hell out of him no matter how safe he plays and how wary he is of the incoming shield pressure.

It all boils down to the reads we make and the options available to us. It doesn't matter if the ROB player can necessarily "fall" for what's to come or not as long as we know how to make it happen anyway. If the Peach glidetosses at ROB at any point of him being on the ground, they're already doing it wrong.

And lol, ROB is not hard to kill.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
He can't be knowledgeable if he's allowing you in without you feeling any pressure back, no homo.

Again I don't think you've actually faced a good ROB, if you're basing your kills off one ROB you've played. But it's all theorycrafting at this point so I'll quit the argument.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Silhouette is actually a respected ROB main...whereas "Jebril's Brother" means nothing to any of us. @.@

Nitrix

Smash Ace
The only times I've ever beaten a Peach with ROB is when I timed them out ._.

Her approach is just so **** annoying.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I never said he doesn't pressure me back. He's actually the best ROB I've encountered at repelling my approaches. I just...figure ways around it. I'm telling you he knows the matchup.

And I've played some respectable ROBs all around, the most frequent being Sil and SneakyTako.

I've never heard of Lucky though. Perhaps it's you who needs to learn the matchup?

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
I'll upload a match between me and him to show you how we play, this is an older one, but there's a lot better ones now. Also my controller was broken in this match, my stick was ****ed up hence the first stock kill. This doesn't show the MU as well as it could cuz my brother knows this way better now, this is actually probably around the time I was better at the MU. But right now I still know the MU better but me and him both feel that ROB has A LOT of options for Peach's strategies and moves while Peach may have very few in many situations ROB puts her in. I.e. his laser and top off the edge while recovering or his edge guarding are harder for Peach to deal with against a good ROB, i.e. his F-Smash that goes through everything Peach does when approaching with an attack instead of a turnip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAhg6yHNSE

I just posted this to show that we're not scrubs even though this is old and we are a TON better now, me and him both developed many new tactics and around this time is when we started going to a lot more offline tourneys including Apex, but I'm pretty sure it's a fun match to watch either way.

EDIT:
Oh you're King Beef haha, sorry I don't go on these boards too often, I'm that dewd GAY! we played a ladder once, was fun.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Um...

That was a very sloppy job on both ends, and you didn't play the matchup too well. I had no idea what your brother was trying to do either. If you want to prove otherwise, let me see the more up to date material so I can see how much you both learned.

As for his edge shenanigans: learn to powershield. Learn to powershield everything he does. There goes 50% of his potential collective offense against Peach. Measure yourself at the right distance from the ledge and throw turnips over and over again to pressure his edge game, it's very annoying for ROB to deal with and will discourage his offensive attempts from the ledge. Why did you just throw yourself into his grab range after dairing his shield? Why didn't you Bomber his top when it was on the ground? Why didn't you use more bair and f-tilt to contend with/beat his offense to the punch? Where are your pivot grab mixups when he gets bold with his fair approaches? Where are any of your general aerial mixups whatsoever? Eh...there's so much more you can do to stack the odds in your favor.

I don't mean to seem like a **** lol, I'm just particularly rough when I call someone out on something. Don't take this post to heart when you read it.

Top Bottom