• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PC vs KDJ vs M2k Fox Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Search for matches from a Canadian tournament called TRANSCANADA. Also, STYD2 (Smash till you Drop) was a tourny held in Quebec. I think its 2 or 3 months old. But he owns in it.

At TransCanada He took off 12 STOCK with his Fox from the WC Canada crew that came down. They have some really good smashers there, alot of whom frequent the US tournies.

He completely owned them by himself.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I can play with a broken controller as long as it has the control stick. Why did he(m2k) play marth anyway?

peachori

Smash Journeyman
you guys don't know what you're talking about my controller is fine for fox right now

the first half of 07 and end of 06 i didnt like it though, but i broke it in enough now, hopefully it will stay this way for a while.
i hope this means we see more m2k/pc fox on fox action in singles.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm never sure when to use Fox and when to use Marth or Sheik or other characters, that's my biggest problem.

Edit - no I think sheik and fox are both better than marth I changed mains from Fox to Marth when my Fox controller broke so I couldn't move as fast for a while, so I used the character that is similar to Fox, the one who I can rely on knowledge and a DD grab style for a while with last year. That's the main reason I changed mains, so I just merely practiced a lot with him and got better.

technomancer

Smash Champion
neither do i...

Ken doesn't play his Fox much anymore. Even if he did, SW is still better.

Chillen isn't the best. I'd say close...but thats because I'm a nice guy, and a horrible liar. Tink can go toe-to-toe with PC? This I have to see. M2K is the best period. You can't throw around claims like "Chillen is the best". What major tournies has he ever won?

(Not that it matters THAT much when determining overall skill I suppose.)
Aside from that MLG that he and Azen won... christ guys, don't underestimate chillin, he 4-stocks everyone around here except for Chu and M2K, and took something like 400 stock off of MD in a drunken MD/VA crew battle if I remember correctly, owning Plairnkk, Omni, someone else good, and then taking two off aho, all of whom don't travel much but have good win records against players that you can't beat (like G-reg, Hus/Wife, etc.)

Tink's fox is a monster and has always been a monster. He keeps switching to other characters, which I just don't understand. He's top 10 foxes in the country definately and a consistant beast in the midwest. Check him out in some of the FC crew battles, he played many good players; though he does make mistakes.

technomancer

Smash Champion
regardless of what all your swf dickriders say, ken's fox would eat yours.
Ken hasn't played fox in tournament in years, and doesn't play the game nationally anymore. SW has more recent experience and knows more tricks, but I don't think he could beat Ken in a set, just cuz I have alot of faith in Ken's track record and winning experience, and I don't think silent wolf is bringing alot of new stuff to the game that Ken doesn't know how to deal with. That said I don't think Ken (as fox) would hold up against the top fox in CA (Lunin), let alone in any of the other major regions, or anyone good with any character really.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
silent wolf's fox is ****. i don't think anyone else's fox is technically stronger than his.

pc's fox is mad fast x_x

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Ken hasn't played fox in tournament in years, and doesn't play the game nationally anymore. SW has more recent experience and knows more tricks, but I don't think he could beat Ken in a set, just cuz I have alot of faith in Ken's track record and winning experience, and I don't think silent wolf is bringing alot of new stuff to the game that Ken doesn't know how to deal with. That said I don't think Ken (as fox) would hold up against the top fox in CA (Lunin), let alone in any of the other major regions, or anyone good with any character really.
I dont care if ken doesn't play fox in tournament, im confident he is still fully capable of using him well and just being a very good overall player, im sure he could do very well against all of the top foxes.

plus hes just a better player than silent wolf...

If I'm the best Fox on the West Coast, how can Ken's be better? Shut up.
His Fox is far from his marth, mine isn't, get over it. You've never played either of us.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Hey.. I started it with an innocent jab at a very arrogant statement.

but its confirmed...
silent wolf ACTUALLY is hallucinating.

i dont even care, its a stupid fight to begin with.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
There's no such thing as a 'best' fox. It's impossible to have one, there's so many fox players with different playing styles. That no one fox can be considered the best. Some excel in tech skill, but that doesn't mean they're a 'better' fox player.

Gah!

nublet06

Smash Lord
why dont people just look at tournament results.

hasnt PC done the most with his fox lately?

thats why this thread is about style tho.

PC is super smart

KDJ is super crazy and unpredictable

m2k is campy and careful

kiwiii

Smash Lord
hasn't ken retired a stupid amount of times? his fox is not up to par with other players now. mad rusty. i didn't see it even once at oc3. at least, for important matches...

pc probably has best fox overall, but silent wolf has amazing tech. sure, it doesn't necessarily make him #1 fox. tech isn't everything in this game, though it makes up for a good amount, esp when you're playing spacies. it's unfortunate that he's behind experience-wise vs pro players.

m2k doesn't even use as much fox anymore. though his fox was ****ing amaaaaaazing back in march at cataclysm. and i hear kdj's fox isn't out there as it used be. his sheik, however, is ****** the locals. sucks he doesn't have the time to travel now.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Fox is cool

I hope one of the cool fox players will do a champ combo at Super Champ Combo =)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
My Fox isn't half bad. But yeah, not as good as those guys lol.

And didn't Silent Wolf beat Lunin at OC?

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
hey instead of arguing about peeps style with fox how about just asking the people themselves how they play ill go first

KeepSpeedN: plays smart and kinda technical, gets in some pretty good shines quite a bit, and is known for the shine 2 back air... not saying i published it but just put it out there..

C? :)

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
I think PCs Fox is the best of them all. Chillins Fox is great too...

However... i would really like to know if PC still uses Falco?

And i dont understand SW quote:

He played with Fox against Ken. PC said he could never beat Ken with Fox.

Dont you mean Falco??

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Why did he(m2k) play marth anyway?
In short, his controller was f-ing up in a tournament so he decided to play Marth since Marth was one of the easier characters to play with a f-ed up controller over Fox and Sheik. He did pretty well so he continued to practice Marth and now it's pretty much his main.

I'll never forget the first time I played his Marth back in December. I knew there was something special about it that I felt even his Fox couldn't rival. I know the top is true but that last part is just my opinion M2K don't try to shut me down, lol!

Edit: Oh, he answered the question the page before.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
kiwiii said:
pc probably has best fox overall, but silent wolf has amazing tech. sure, it doesn't necessarily make him #1 fox.
No one said he was the #1 Fox. We simply stated that he has a better Fox than Ken now. We also awknowledge that tech. skill doesn't translate into #1 Fox, and that SW isn't the god of Fox, however good he may be.
M2K and PC are in a league of their own.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I dont care if ken doesn't play fox in tournament, im confident he is still fully capable of using him well and just being a very good overall player, im sure he could do very well against all of the top foxes.

plus hes just a better player than silent wolf...
Obviously this guy doesn't know who is talking with. SW = super technical

kiwiii

Smash Lord
No one said he was the #1 Fox. We simply stated that he has a better Fox than Ken now. We also awknowledge that tech. skill doesn't translate into #1 Fox, and that SW isn't the god of Fox, however good he may be.
M2K and PC are in a league of their own.
chill out, that was my own opinion. what the hell?

and pc's not the only one with a better fox than ken. everyone stop jocking his nuts, the guy's not exactly the god of smash anymore. much less, with fox. marth? pushing it.

dashizwiz and keepspeedn are definitely up there too. there are just too many people amazingly good at this game :o the community's advanced so much.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
chill out? I didn't respond angrily. Regardless, just how it was your opinion, the previous post was mine.

You mixed sh*t up. We agree with you, Ken isn't the god of smash anymore. Read the thread thoroughly man.

Kiwiii said:
tech isn't everything in this game, though it makes up for a good amount
RaynEX said:
We also awknowledge that tech. skill doesn't translate into #1 Fox, and that SW isn't the god of Fox, however good he may be.
Sounds the same, don't it?

kiwiii

Smash Lord
chill out? I didn't respond angrily. Regardless, just how it was your opinion, the previous post was mine.

You mixed sh*t up. We agree with you, Ken isn't the god of smash anymore. Read the thread thoroughly man.

Sounds the same, don't it?

then when you propose your opinions, don't sound like you're attacking mine =) thanks

i was throwing the ken thing out because i don't understand why his fox is even being mentioned in this topic. the guy hasn't used fox seriously in tourney for who knows how long? ken is irrelevant imo but whatever, those were my two cents

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Kiwii said:
and re-read mine. I never said you were attacking me

D:
Okay, fine...lets find and extract your precise words together.

Shall we?

Kiwii said:
don't sound like you're attacking mine
Stop making yourself look less intelligent than you are. I quit this argument, by reason of pure pwnz000rs by logic.

the end.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
don't SOUND it. never said you actually were.
i saw no pwnz00r0909s0z, noob :x

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
'Sound' will, for the purposes of this paragraph, now = portray my thoughts

You don't see alot of things.

I can 'sound' however I want. How I 'sound' can be interpreted into many different things. You just happen to think my thoughts aggressively push yours aside (In which case, I'd like to lol).

You want this to be an argument, and i really don't.

Lets also try not to resort to name calling/skill degradation to solve our matters either. I'm a n00b?

Try again dood.

So did anyone look up Vwins? Did i not tell you he was amaazing. :p

kiwiii

Smash Lord
"Stop making yourself look less intelligent than you are."
If you really don't want to resort to "name calling/skill degradation" don't start it.

And I'd really love to go into your response and analyze why I felt you were attacking my personal opinions, but blowing my nose sounds far more important and obligatory.

I do love Canadians, though. They're the ****.

& thanks taki lmao D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom