• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PC vs KDJ vs M2k Fox Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
PC has the most mindgames of all. You'll fight his Fox and feel stupid afterwards wondering how you lost so badly

KDJ's has the rediculous speed/shines = The gimpest Fox out there. You'll probably have the least fun fighting him.

Mew2King is extreme techskill to near robot level along with mindgames that allows you to accept your loss without getting pissed in my opinion.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
PC has the most mindgames of all. You'll fight his Fox and feel stupid afterwards wondering how you lost so badly

KDJ's has the rediculous speed/shines = The gimpest Fox out there. You'll probably have the least fun fighting him.

Mew2King is extreme techskill to near robot level along with mindgames that allows you to accept your loss without getting pissed in my opinion.
Lol! Thats all so true..

But i thought m2k was pretty gimpy. At least w/ Marth maybe.

Eggm

Smash Hero
M2k.. for him its his.. execution everything he does he excutes it nearly perfect, its incredible.

PC.. Is just too good, the mind games with the solid tech skill and knowledge of the game theres no other way to put it but good/experienced.

KDj.. is just vicious and intense .. Hes going to be in your face most of the game and you gotta see if you can deal with it.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

M2k is god, but PC was around back in the good ol' days. When Mofo and Azn and Isai and those doods still played heavy. PC ftw, simply because of his dedication and skill.

Velox

Smash Ace
Chillin, FLT, and Ken are all just as good if not better.

Does M2K still play Fox?

Does KDJ still play?

To stay on topic I'll say some of the first things that come to my mind about each player:

Chillin: Amazing mindgames, best teams player there is, and shine spike

FLT: Godly tech skill, godly mindgames, godly in teams

Ken: Good at everything

M2K: Amazing execution, never messes up, he's like a machine!

KDJ: Shine spike

PC: Been there done that, total methodology, and read people amazingly

Tink: The foxes don't get more standard than this (not a bad thing)

Azen: Probably the best Fox

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Velox said:
RaynEX: Probably the best Fox
I'm so happy you feel that way. ^_^

Seriously though...Azen? His everything is good, yes I'll say that. His Marth is God. But when it comes to Fox...PC or M2k. Its as simple as current tourny results.

Does M2K still play Fox?

Does KDJ still play?

To stay on topic I'll say some of the first things that come to my mind about each player:

I don't recall FLT having godly tech skill, he just never messes up. Doesn't mean he does anything hard.
And my Fox is probably better than Ken's. V_V
Chillin/FLT/and Ken's Foxes aren't as good as PC's or M2K's. Still very very good though.

EDIT: If this thread gets as dumb as most topics like this do, it's closed.

j00t

Smash Champion

Does M2K still play Fox?

Does KDJ still play?

KDJ's fox impresses me the most, but this is probably based on the vids i've seen of him against PC. They're just epic. He's got amazing tech skill and is pretty random in his playstyle.

Oh, Azen plays Fox? >.>;

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I've been practicing my Fox a lot recently, and I don't have the same style as I did in 06. I play much faster/smarter now. KDJ plays really fast and shiny, PC chris tries to do "safe shining" without going off the stage much, and PC also likes to run really far past you when doing attacks hoping you try to avoid them by going backwards. I've been trying to work on everything so I'm not like I was last year; although I still love nair-shining, I do a lot more now.

Velox almost everything you said is false.

Velox

Smash Ace
Well if the great M2K and Silent Wolf say so, clearly I must be wrong about an opinionated list where I said the first thing that came to mind about each player.

I deem this too stupid to argue about.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol, don't worry bout it. If you go by tourney placings around the nation, M2K used to place almost always top 3 with his Fox and both PC and KDJ do the same nowadays. Chillin is good but I can't say to that level. Ken's Marth keeps up with their Fox's but I don't think Ken uses Fox much anymore for good reasons. I'm not sure though.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I've been practicing my Fox a lot recently, and I don't have the same style as I did in 06. I play much faster/smarter now. KDJ plays really fast and shiny, PC chris tries to do "safe shining" without going off the stage much, and PC also likes to run really far past you when doing attacks hoping you try to avoid them by going backwards. I've been trying to work on everything so I'm not like I was last year; although I still love nair-shining, I do a lot more now.
The fact still stands: you guys are gods with Fox XD

Also, I agree completly what Keitaro said about M2K and PC (I didn't face KDJ yet...). That match with PC chris really did make me look stupid ><

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
M2K always strikes me as the most methodological and precise; he seems to have a pretty good concept of what to do in any situation and it almost always works, and he pulls off anything he needs to whenever he needs to. He doesn't -- or didn't used to -- go out of the way to do weird things or trick people, he just responded correctly to their play and won games like, well, a robot.

KDJ is the most aggressive fox (probably player in general) I've seen; it works really well because few people are able to keep up with the constant pressure. I havent seen any vids of him in a long time, but he used to make some dumb mistakes (like that set vs. PC when they went fox/falco the whole time and he missed edgehogs and stuff). He goes for things people aren't expecting, and mixes up his approaches a lot, making it hard to keep up.

PC's fox is something I have not seen enough of. My major impression of it is that he is ridiculously good at comboing marths. He also plays conservatively, like he does with his falco, and looks for openings a lot, or trying to bait the opponent into making a mistake.

So, basically, yeah: they play differently and all the styles work because they're all really smart and predict things well, and don't make many mistakes and have awesome tech skill. And for the record, I've been playing Chillin a lot and, at least against me and the other guys around here - we don't even compare to him - he generally plays almost lazily, and then pounces on any opening you provide. And is, as was mentioned, retardedly good at shinespiking.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
How does Chillin Fox, CunningKitsune, FastLikeTree, and Silent Wolf stack up to these guys? Just wondering...also, why is there a combo called the Chillin? What did he do to get the move named after him?

Eggz

Smash Hero

Does M2K still play Fox?

Does KDJ still play?

Leave it to Texas. *smacks forhead*

j00t

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say Chillin is THE best Fox, but he is up there.

To stay on topic, even though they do have different play styles, they each work amazingly well. I think FoxLisk got most of it down. M2K seems to stick to what works in Smash IMO. He's supposedly really technical but he doesn't go all streaky with it, he sticks to the basics and focuses on what he needs to do.

KDJ, on the other hand, can come up with things on the fly because of his amazing tech skill. This tech skill allows him to be so aggressive and random with Fox. I think KDJ has the best tech skill out of them all. But he is also a bit reckless at times, missing some key opportunities.

Oh, btw, we need some KeepSpeedN in here. I hear that guy is really good. ^.^;

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately for the Fox world, FLT has mostly retired until Brawl. Last Friday was the first time he'd fought people in quite a while, and you could tell. But as for his Fox skill at its prime, as SilentWolf said, he really didn't make mistakes, although he rarely went for super-fancy techniques. He reminds me of PC in that way. His ability to read players and force mistakes has always been... stellar, we'll say. It was unfortunate that he lived in Texas, and therefore had very few opportunities to fight the other top players; he would've been top 10 in the country, undoubtedly, if he'd lived on the East Coast.

But in terms of ranking high with a character, his Marth would've ranked higher than his Fox, probably. Just needed a little more experience, so he wouldn't get nervous and SD as he did in that one vid, against Tink I think.

I remember when he perfected the timing for powershielding Falco's d-air into an up-smash with Fox. Those were the days...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
neither do i...

Ken doesn't play his Fox much anymore. Even if he did, SW is still better.

Brawlpro said:
ok, chillin is the best fox...tink can go toe to toe with pc, meh, m2k is too good tho...SW will be the best fox sooner or later!
Chillen isn't the best. I'd say close...but thats because I'm a nice guy, and a horrible liar. Tink can go toe-to-toe with PC? This I have to see. M2K is the best period. You can't throw around claims like "Chillen is the best". What major tournies has he ever won?

(Not that it matters THAT much when determining overall skill I suppose.)

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Check out Vwins. He's got a nasty fox. He took it to Tink, Dope, and Vidjo (although he used marth in that match) in team Quebec's crew battle against It's business time at FCD. The fact that he's from Canada probably keeps him from gaining lots of recognition. Look him up.

EDIT: it was FCD, not OC3. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom