• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI October

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Wait...CGs and Hobbling is banned? LMAO
Just IC's hand-offs. Based on feedback, it seemed appropriate to ban hobbling with it.

wat

How is it any different from learning any other secondary for hard matchups?
No other secondary will cover every single match-up you could ever need ant alt for. MK has no bad match-ups, thus you only need two characters. You could even go to MK if you have trouble in a match-up you normally were fine with, but someone invested the time to learn their bad match-up against your character.

Yeah they are banned.

I already recommended they just ban ICs and all infinite shenanigans if the goal is to prevent really gay things from happening.

There is so much ******** stuff that I haven't shown anyone because it's redundant to normal CGing/hobbling that it's obscene. I want to know ASAP what the final ruling is so I can figure out if I need to learn how to pull out the super technical gay stuff lol
Based on my current knowledge of ICs, I don't see a reason to full-out ban them. I also like the character, I just don't like what they do to games. Basically just turn them into:
Every Character that has items more or less

Snake? Yup
Diddy? Yup
ZSS? Yup
Toon Link? Yup
Peach? Yup
ROB? Yup

Link? No :(
camp camp camp, but Link sucks. Poor Link.

Honestly, Lux, I'd like to see new stuff from ICs. If you can abuse the fact that I'm not fully banning the character and only hand-offs + hobbling, then do so. However, the intent of the rule is to reduce infinites, without banning everything. Brawl is a fairly broken game, so if going down the route of trying to make infinites more manageable ends up making it too complicated, there's always the chance that we'll just sum it up into banning all infinites. For now, I just want to limit their impact.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Rofl Lux you're drunk if you're serious.
Snake is listed as -1. This might get changed to even
Diddy is listed as -1. This might get changed to even
ZSS is listed as -1. This isn't going anywhere
TL is listed as -1. This isn't going anywhere
Rob is listed as 0. This is probably the most pocketed character I've seen other than MK for the IC MU
Peach is listed as -1. This isn't going anywhere.

Just IC's hand-offs. Based on feedback, it seemed appropriate to ban hobbling with it.

No other secondary will cover every single match-up you could ever need ant alt for. MK has no bad match-ups, thus you only need two characters. You could even go to MK if you have trouble in a match-up you normally were fine with, but someone invested the time to learn their bad match-up against your character.

Based on my current knowledge of ICs, I don't see a reason to full-out ban them. I also like the character, I just don't like what they do to games. Basically just turn them into:

camp camp camp, but Link sucks. Poor Link.

Honestly, Lux, I'd like to see new stuff from ICs. If you can abuse the fact that I'm not fully banning the character and only hand-offs + hobbling, then do so. However, the intent of the rule is to reduce infinites, without banning everything. Brawl is a fairly broken game, so if going down the route of trying to make infinites more manageable ends up making it too complicated, there's always the chance that we'll just sum it up into banning all infinites. For now, I just want to limit their impact.
:( I am overwhelmingly saddened that I show up with my janky style of ICs and then you say you want to see NEW stuff :(

Terral, I don't want to be THAT guy that abuses the letter of the law. I'd rather just fall in line and help you support your tourney by supporting the spirt of the law.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i whole heartedly disagree. if any ics want to challenge this notion, all they need to do is play me my buddy averil and we shall see how much longer yall say its winnable

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To be fair, for the elite ICs like Ally it's probably a winnable matchup

for the random baddies like myself, TL is the end of all things

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
:( I am overwhelmingly saddened that I show up with my janky style of ICs and then you say you want to see NEW stuff :(

Terral, I don't want to be THAT guy that abuses the letter of the law. I'd rather just fall in line and help you support your tourney by supporting the spirt of the law.
Well, I'm not trying to discredit your Ice Climbers in any way; it's more that I have no clue what you could be talking about. You could provide a link or show me in friendlies next time we meet.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
es@m and nicole riddle beat you in mms after genesis. i wouldnt go running around calling it legit though. i personally call you out to use ics in tourney vs averil next time. i am very interested in seeing the results :)

Cook

Smash Master
This is not even true. Let's say I play Olimar and I think ICs and Peach are my bad MUs. So,I can have Snake as a secondary.

Let's use a less specific example. Let's say I play anyone. So, I can have Marth as a secondary. He pretty much goes at least even with everyone, just like MK.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Geez, I leave for a weekend and I come back to 14 pages to read through. Lol @MK ban. I don't see the point of us having that since no one uses MK. As for the ICs handoff chaingrab ban or whatever, I'm not sure how I feel about that one.

I might comment on some earlier stuff at some point. Meh.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
This is not even true. Let's say I play Olimar and I think ICs and Peach are my bad MUs. So,I can have Snake as a secondary.

Let's use a less specific example. Let's say I play anyone. So, I can have Marth as a secondary. He pretty much goes at least even with everyone, just like MK.
Marth is also less broken than MK, as is Snake. I think it's fine to take up alts to cover weaknesses, but MK is the best alt for every character. Marth can't absolutely abuse certain stages, doesn't have zero-death combos, and is a bit less able to camp. He's definitely one of the best characters in the game, but he's not quite to MK's level. It's not each specific thing that MK is good at that I think makes him ban-worthy, it's everything that he's good at all in one character.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Why are we *****ing about mk? The tourney norm is to ban him, and Terral is following that. If you don't like his rules, run your own tourney. I did that because I didn't like the Unity Ruleset and I netted tons more than most of them ever did in their first tourney. Just stop whining holy ****.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Maybe because they're people too! Unless we're still on this melee vs brawl tirade...
Well no **** that they're people too, but Wretched isn't a brawl player so I don't see why he would want brawl players to attend when he doesn't even play that game.

Y'know, these Melee vs brawl debates only happen when people look for reasons in other people's posts to start one.

Also, I didn't know chibo played Melee.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ally also plays melee. I get excited to see players I like regardless of the game, is that so bad?

Edit: Chibo plays melee too.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Not necessarily, but you and me don't equal everyone. I'm pretty sure many players don't get too excited to see players who don't play the same game as them because they usually don't know them.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well I like people and there's no gamers around here where I'm staying everyone should be excited to see me :grin:

Terry

Smash Ace
Wait, what? Wretched isn't gay?

Also, I've always wondered this. Is there mega hype in brawl in matches like there is with melee?

I'm trying to imagine people watching a brawl match going "oh my god, holy-oh my... Shi* Mango!"

:phone:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Wait, what? Wretched isn't gay?

Also, I've always wondered this. Is there mega hype in brawl in matches like there is with melee?

I'm trying to imagine people watching a brawl match going "oh my god, holy-oh my... Shi* Mango!"

:phone:
There used to be, but it's the same old same old now.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Every time someone posts in this chat, it really makes me want to come here.

Good times in Springfield. If I come, and me and Jack team again, this time we walk away with the grand prize in teams.

Top Bottom