• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI October

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Back when I was looking into the regrab infinites on Ness/Lucas I found that Marth and PT were the only ones who could do it, but it was possible to jump-break. I checked just now, and it looks like that information is still true. I would add PT to the list, but since a third of it can't perform the infinite and it would be advantageous to the grabee (PT move decay over time), I don't see a reason to.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Diddy has a SBL on the cast

Pikachu has the QAC lock on the cast. Plus some ridiculously high CGs on many characters

King DDD has the Dthrow infinites

ZSS has one on Wario and ROB

DK has the cargo release on the psi kids

Sheik has a ridiculously high ftilt lock on spacies

Yoshi has an infinite on Wario

That's off the top of my head

I also have documentation of ICs infiniting the entire cast with non CG and non hobbling methods. You really ought to just ban the character or ban infinites imo.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Diddy has a SBL on the cast

Pikachu has the QAC lock on the cast. Plus some ridiculously high CGs on many characters

King DDD has the Dthrow infinites

ZSS has one on Wario and ROB

DK has the cargo release on the psi kids

Sheik has a ridiculously high ftilt lock on spacies

Yoshi has an infinite on Wario

That's off the top of my head

I also have documentation of ICs infiniting the entire cast with non CG and non hobbling methods. You really ought to just ban the character or ban infinites imo.
Pikachu's QAC lock is essentially a jab/laser lock, to my knowledge. The high CGs don't guarantee a kill and, as far as I know, can be escaped at higher percents.

Diddy's infinite banana footstool garbage may be ban-worthy, but it's worth keeping in mind that it can be done to him by most of the cast as well.

ZSS's could be added to the list of character select resets. I didn't know about these.

From what I've read, DK's cargo release infinite is both impractical and possible to escape.

Shiek's ftilt lock can be escaped and doesn't guarantee a KO, though it is broken.

I actually can't find much about Yoshi's infinite, except Yoshi mains saying it's terrible.

What are the other ICs infinites?

Terry

Smash Ace
Wasn't last months tourney titled "Pathways Smash XI?" Are they all XI? I'm confused.

:phone:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I asked the same question. The XI stands for 2011, not the number of Pathways that we've had. It should be numbered in order instead of year imo, but it's too late now.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that confused the hell out of me.

We may still go with or without the twins. idk, we're on a smasher schedule now (aka none at all) ;)

Terry

Smash Ace
I asked the same question. The XI stands for 2011, not the number of Pathways that we've had. It should be numbered in order instead of year imo, but it's too late now.
It's never too late. And this is extremely disappointing. Please fix this somebody!

DeLux

If Chibo goes to this, I'd CG with ICs and take the the DQ on the game

And then CP MK the next game and take the DQ on the set

It would be sooooo worth it :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I was gonna team with Saffy, but I'd rather team with you Chibo. We got this; team IKE MOTHER****ER

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, the money thing is the only thing making me think I might cave and come anyway, lol...

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Oh, I guess I won't be coming after all. :( I swore off MK-banned tournaments.
I can only think of two reasons to not want to ban Meta Knight:
1) Uses MK because they don't want to learn hard match-ups
2) Dedicated a lot of time to learning to beat MK (and thus beats all of the MK kids)

If your case includes reason 2, then we don't have any people who use MK locally anyway.

Also, while I obviously couldn't expect you to keep up with this thread all the time, there was a large period where I had the topic open for discussion (and called it done when there were no objections and Unity banned the character). It's a tad late now, though. You're still free to contribute to the discussion if you want. Either way, I hope you reconsider and end up coming after all.

Terry

Smash Ace
I can only think of two reasons to not want to ban Meta Knight:
1) Uses MK because they don't want to learn hard match-ups
2) Dedicated a lot of time to learning to beat MK (and thus beats all of the MK kids)

If your case includes reason 2, then we don't have any people who use MK locally anyway.

Also, while I obviously couldn't expect you to keep up with the tournament all the time, there was a large period where I had the topic open for discussion (and called it done when there were no objections and Unity banned the character). It's a tad late now, though. You're still free to contribute to the discussion if you want. Either way, I hope you reconsider and end up coming after all.
3) Likes a challenge.

Cook

Smash Master
3) Put a lot of time into learning MK for doubles and a couple hard matchups
4) Does not think MK is good enough to warrant a ban/does not think it will improve the metagame

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
3) Put a lot of time into learning MK for doubles and a couple hard matchups
4) Does not think MK is good enough to warrant a ban/does not think it will improve the metagame
I think your reason 3 negates your reason 4. MK kills in doubles, so everyone wants to learn him in order to use him in doubles. Using him as a go-to for hard match-ups damages the metagame of the character that's being covered. Instead of trying to innovate, it's about falling back on something more comfortable. I feel, personally, that Meta Knight is a crutch. Not everyone can invest the time to learn all of the bad match-ups, but MK shouldn't be the answer to that. Having a main with MK as an alt basically means that you have MK to fall back on if you don't like playing against certain characters as your main (obviously), but MK can ALWAYS be that alt because he doesn't have any bad match-ups. His only downfall is that most people know how to fight him.

DeLux

I was actually schedule to do scene development in Topeka the day this is scheduled.

Although the challenge of winning without any CGs/Hobbling is making me really tempted to learn all the obscure bs the character can do that isn't common knowledge lol

Cook

Smash Master
I think your reason 3 negates your reason 4. MK kills in doubles, so everyone wants to learn him in order to use him in doubles. Using him as a go-to for hard match-ups damages the metagame of the character that's being covered. Instead of trying to innovate, it's about falling back on something more comfortable. I feel, personally, that Meta Knight is a crutch. Not everyone can invest the time to learn all of the bad match-ups, but MK shouldn't be the answer to that. Having a main with MK as an alt basically means that you have MK to fall back on if you don't like playing against certain characters as your main (obviously), but MK can ALWAYS be that alt because he doesn't have any bad match-ups. His only downfall is that most people know how to fight him.
wat

How is it any different from learning any other secondary for hard matchups?

DeLux

Yeah they are banned.

I already recommended they just ban ICs and all infinite shenanigans if the goal is to prevent really gay things from happening.

There is so much ******** stuff that I haven't shown anyone because it's redundant to normal CGing/hobbling that it's obscene. I want to know ASAP what the final ruling is so I can figure out if I need to learn how to pull out the super technical gay stuff lol

MJG

Smash Hero
Yeah they are banned.

I already recommended they just ban ICs and all infinite shenanigans if the goal is to prevent really gay things from happening.

There is so much ******** stuff that I haven't shown anyone because it's redundant to normal CGing/hobbling that it's obscene. I want to know ASAP what the final ruling is so I can figure out if I need to learn how to pull out the super technical gay stuff lol
*Go to a tournament
*Beat everybody with a beatable character
*Ban the character

John Stockton does not approve.

DeLux

Every Character that has items more or less

Snake? Yup
Diddy? Yup
ZSS? Yup
Toon Link? Yup
Peach? Yup