• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
you get edgeguarded with utilt?
Yeah, he hit me with it as I was coming form like a 20 degree angle. We talked later and he said if your right under the ledge and sweet spot it then its safe. Maybe I missed the sweet spot though, I don't have a replay. It happened on smashville, IDK if those edges are unique in any way

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Thanks for responding. Were having our bi-annual tournament at my school and since slim isn't coming + MK is banned I think I can do well, theres just 1 snake player who I know will **** me, and some mysterious wolf user I've never seen play who is supposed to be good.

The worst part about playing wolf is that his yelling gets annoying.
Edit: NVM. didn't read the rest of the page haha.

:172:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its possible you just missed the sweetspot

also for the record pixl, with a charater like G&W you have way more options than the standard 4. you have your ledge attack, ledge jump and ledge roll, but you also have so many options in the form of ledgedrop jumps and such

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Got 2nd at my tournament going pretty much all GaW. I won WF, so I thought I had the tournament, but MK vs GaW is so weird. Every game was like high % last stock, but he pretty much always won. Got it next time guys :(.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Good stuff alph. Everytime I wanna give up on gdubs someone else does awesome and reminds me that I have so much more room to grow. Its just hard to see my progress with gdubs. I have really good days but also really bad ones. Anyone else have thos issue? I want to be more consistent.

:phone:

Lifes

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lifes14
Well done Alphicans 2nd is not bad at all. And next time 1st place will be better!!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I definitely feel I have the ability to take 1st, but he plays MK, snake and marth, so it's difficult.

Hopefully next week at the regional I am going to I can make top 3. Felix will be attending that tournament.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Got 2nd at my tournament going pretty much all GaW. I won WF, so I thought I had the tournament, but MK vs GaW is so weird. Every game was like high % last stock, but he pretty much always won. Got it next time guys :(.
Good stuff Alph. There's always next time.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
So after over a year without playing, I was talked into getting back into the game.:) Also what do you all think about G&W+Fox for a doubles team?

Hey good stuff, man. It's always tough to win with G&W only. Especially if you're facing the same person in WF and GF.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Used G&W for a single match during the last weekends tourney when I was counterpicked to RC. I 3 stocked him :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
better than mk?
im interested to see what the current G&W metagame looks like, i probably still play like its 08

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah us brits are just wacky *******s :) tbh ive no idea about stages, i bet ill get gayed up by that at the monthly haha

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Every time I take oli to rc I lose. So I just go sv on them because its my personal best stage. Olimar isnt that bad on rc though. Not an autowin like people think it is (also possible I just suck)

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Olimar loses a lot of his grab game on RC and if you get him in the air and off the platforms he just gets completely wrecked. However, if you're above him, he just destroys you on this stage, and his vertical kill power explodes. His upB is also amazing at catching you with a surprise hit. Not an awful stage, but I think it's his overall worst legal stage.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah it was nice game, i personaly hate fighting olimar since he is just a litterer! throwing trashy pikmin all over the place, also hes tiny and fast and deceptively powerful, also its hard to read him because his moves arent obvious

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oooh youre gonna be in for a fun day on saturday XD we love olimar haha. trust me, when you play him as much as i do you really begin to see the difference between everything

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh man. Ally went into that match probably thinking you're some random GaW, cause that's how it seemed he played. So aggro, and not respecting GaW at all :(. I guess it just took you by surprise :/.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Back from the deads (had a broken laptop screen, meaning no more pc) but now I just received my new one. Damn I think I missed lot of things here. MEH!
That game vs Ally... Damn...

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Meh,I beat his falco game 1 so at i got him to go snake at least LOL.

edit: nvm the whole paragraph of johns

i played bad and got read is all :< LOL
next time!!!

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
You're really good, though the Wario player was very defensive which I always found to be bad for that match-up.

whoops double post :p

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
haha it was my first tornament i mained g n w, had some really good games and alot of fun but got ***** by an ice climber :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha it was my first tornament i mained g n w, had some really good games and alot of fun but got ***** by an ice climber :)
indeed, said ice climber is currently sitting on my sofa, want me to pour a glass of water over him?
ice climbers-along with characters like diddy kong-are matchups which you can only really learn through experience. its a painful experience to say the least

Top Bottom