• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
iirc... UTD Zac placed 25th at the tournament, right? The one where Vinnie *****.
and you placed 25th Penta? (good effort)

Was UTD having a bad day or was everyone else 2g? what happened.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I've been sort of under the radar lately, but I've been putting a lot of effort into tourneys this month, here are my results from October.

5th/27, October 2nd, 2010 - Doom and KotC Present: Genesis 2010
I used a bit of ICs here.
3rd/14, October 9th, 2010 - Gauntlet
15th/180, October 15th-17th, 2010 - MLG DC
5th/80, October 23rd, 2010 - Viridian City 8
2nd/30, October 30th, 2010 - DNA-Gaming 10

But yeah, I've been using ICs a lot less, well I actually don't really use them at all now lol, except maybe against Olimar, if I encounter one.

Splice

Smash Hero
Very good Vinnie. Starting to show the dedication. You will get real good!

Are you signed to vVv? I didn't understand the vVv Lawrence tag you had in some of those results. ;s

I really want to play some of you guys, I'd like to see how I'd place in an American monthly
But because of my age and family and other commitments I doubt I'll ever end up going over there...
Someone sponsor me!

Vinnie

Smash Master
Very good Vinnie. Starting to show the dedication. You will get real good!

Are you signed to vVv? I didn't understand the vVv Lawrence tag you had in some of those results. ;s

I really want to play some of you guys, I'd like to see how I'd place in an American monthly
But because of my age and family and other commitments I doubt I'll ever end up going over there...
Someone sponsor me!
LMAO! Nah, I like to troll vVv though, so I enter with the vVv tag sometimes XD.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W+Snake is such a fun team. If you're in synch, it's really awesome how much space those two characters can control for creating off the wall combos.

Although Snake is kinda hard to space grab -> smashes with, what works especially well is Snake F-throw/B-throw ->F/USmash.

Against big characters like DDD...fullhop B-air -> Snake mortar slide is so fun. Even more fun when you combo the B-air into the explosive. XD

techchase funtimes for the win.

Rapid Jabs -> Snake's N-air.

If G&W gets a grab in a 2v1 situation, just have Snake repeat F-tilt 1 as you pummel, and you've won the match.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I played in my first tournament today. I went to one before, but left my wallet at home, soI just played before they started the tournament, or wherever I could fit one in.

My friend and I got 4th place in doubles, so I'm pretty happy.

Edit: And I don't know how to fight Peach...

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
edit

zac lost to mikehazeD:
mike advances to pro bracket

GJ making cheese rage tho lol
Nooooo ZAC... >_> Still top 32, no? That's something.

I played in my first tournament today. I went to one before, but left my wallet at home, soI just played before they started the tournament, or wherever I could fit one in.

Peach can be anoying if you don't expect some of her tricks. Avoid using Dsmash as she'll usually jump/float right so it will never touch her. Also her Dair to Uair is very anoying. Shield grabbing dosen't work if she spaces well. It's really ******** how she can retreat Fair on shield... Anyway, pratice til you can figure out how to avoid her tricks and you'll be fine.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Were there any other GnWs at MLG? I hope it all went well in the end! o'=

Sorry I've been busy most of this week. I turned 19 yesterday!

I was wondering how many people would want the frame date thread updated if I did frame date work?

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Just throw her up and keep uairing her. She can't land. Her air dodge is also horrible :p.
Yeah, I tried to do that, but I didn't do a very good job of it...I did actually hit a 9 on the player's last stock, but it didn't kill him, becuase he was at 0%, and I was on the other end of the stage. It made me sad...

I beat his ZSS though on RC. I killed him with the windboxes of Uair, and he started freaking out because he didn't know that was possible. And I threw him against the front of the ship from the platform it crashes into, and he got stage spiked.

Happy birthday Today!

It was my sister's 19th birthday two days ago. (Random partially unrelated note)

sambo400

Smash Apprentice

my only real tourney this year, win the first round match, then play the TO. Someone yells "Play Yoshi" so he does. I can't remember the last time I played a human Yoshi. Lose a close game 1 with a suicide. I CP Norfair and win with a Dthrow-Dsmash-lava-Usmash on the main screen. Best brawl moment ever. Then lose to MK on FD game 3. My freind said go MK (he won the tourney), but who goes MK?

Good job at MLG Zac, I was rooting from the comment box lol

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Were there any other GnWs at MLG? I hope it all went well in the end! o'=

I was wondering how many people would want the frame date thread updated if I did frame date work?
Well happy birthday! ^^

I hope you enjoyed it.

You are a year better at playing GaW? :p (yes, that was my supposed to be insightful birthday statement xD)

Noraa

Smash Lord
i mean vinnie is the best gw to me....soooooo i dunno lol
zac will be missed, but someone already has the gw world on their shoulders.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
haha im pretty sure i can definantly knock out best G&W in tx after he's gone so i wanna go to phase 5. omega black mage isnt G&w anymore i think i dunno. vinnie do you go to the phases in dallas?

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you're just the best G&W player by default though...Well I guess I am too, in Arizona though.

Why is Zac quitting?

Top Bottom