• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Two things come to mind when I see the second picture, but they're guesses. Mushrooms, and possibly grab shenanigans. Besides that I wouldn't have any idea how that works.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Last time I played Candy was at Pound 4 and one of our matches was close. He knows how to beat Game & Watch

Noraa

Smash Lord
Hey guys, singles is over. My bracket was:

-Bye
-Tiger something (I forgot the tag. It was a Marth.) (2-0)
-Shaky (2-0) - top Ness from Florida
-Doom (2-0) - Metaknight from my region
-Tyrant (lost) (1-2) ... it was last hit, I did dthrow tech chase usmash on his last stock game 3, he BARELY survived and then killed me.

-Squall (2-0) - Snake from PA
-Candy (lost) (0-2) - Snake from md/va

Consolation matches
-Lee martin (lost) (1-2) (MK) It was 1 stock 100%+ both of us, on Delfino, he ended up winning.
-Felix (lost) (1-2) (Diddy) I was surprised as to how well I did against him, since Diddy is probably my worst match-up... but I think I figured it out. Anyways, I survived until 238% at the end of game 3 XD he was at 1 stock 65%.
-Seibrik (2-0) (MK) Top player from FL, I had some good reads and played well.

15th/174. I think I can do even better though. I wish I would have won against Tyrant and/or Lee though :( oh well. I gotta get better!

edit: I went all G&W, I went Marth against the Marth player game 2 because dittos are fun lol.

Candy runs through all the gw's in md/va =/....i havent played him yet though.
Very good run man, i hope more matches of yours is uploaded and just not the shaky one.

Sidenote: im shocked you 2-0'd seibrik, what were the stocks at the end of each match?

Vinnie

Smash Master
Candy runs through all the gw's in md/va =/....i havent played him yet though.
Very good run man, i hope more matches of yours is uploaded and just not the shaky one.

Sidenote: im shocked you 2-0'd seibrik, what were the stocks at the end of each match?
I'm not sure if any of the other matches were recorded. IIRC it was pretty solid, 1 stock low % each match.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Nope, what's that?
oh, sorry! It's a program where some of the players help newer players or tutor them in their characters (GnW).

Yeah! I think I remember Penta being one of them!

Also, Vinnie is super awesome!!

Are you guys going to Whobo or Pound 5? I think I may end up going to Whobo more so, but it'd be neat if we could all still somehow meet and beep it up and all.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
oh, sorry! It's a program where some of the players help newer players or tutor them in their characters (GnW).

Yeah! I think I remember Penta being one of them!

Also, Vinnie is super awesome!!

Are you guys going to Whobo or Pound 5? I think I may end up going to Whobo more so, but it'd be neat if we could all still somehow meet and beep it up and all.
I wouldn't mind, but I don't really know how to go about to joining it. Other than that, I think I am going to Pound 5 since it would be less of a travel hassle than Whobo.
Saying Whobo outloud is funny to me.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
We should have taken a group pic,yea=(.
and I got 5th in doubles!!:D, had a lot of fun playing zac twice in doubles lol.

@Noraa
some team vids and GF's were recorded on the stream link.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Who did you beat in singles Vinnie?
Winner's Bracket
Bye
Beat RayTay :marth: 2-0
Beat HelpR :metaknight: 2-0
Beat NAKAT :fox: 2-0
Lost to Atomsk :dedede: 1-2

Loser's Bracket
Beat Jash :toonlink: 2-0
Beat Cable :dk2: 2-1 (I lost game 1 with ICs, and won games 2 and 3 with G&W).
Lost to Anti :metaknight: 1-2

I went all G&W except for when I tried ICs vs Cable and lost. My vids with Cable are being uploaded right now (I didn't even know that it got recorded until now).

Noraa

Smash Lord
ok 2 things about those matches vinnie...why arent you di'n throws...you died at like 27% from bthrow lol.
and 3rd match 1:52....i can never get my usmash to slide that far, did i miss something here lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
ok 2 things about those matches vinnie...why arent you di'n throws...you died at like 27% from bthrow lol.
mhm, bthrow is really fast and I was caught off-guard I guess =/, I shouldn't have gotten grabbed. My fault.

and 3rd match 1:52....i can never get my usmash to slide that far, did i miss something here lol
I predicted he'd roll back so I ran and usmashed, nothing really to it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It looked perfectly normal to me. I mean the Hyphen Smash. G&W does naturally slide far when doing a running Up-smash.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of up smash, oes anyone here know how to DACUS with GaW? I can with Snake and Falco but I can't with GaW...

I just use hyphen, but is there that big of a difference?

Top Bottom