• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I don't know exactly what I do against Snake that works so well. I think I just play super patient and focus on not making mistakes. Each mistake = 20-30 damage and it sucks. Here are some vids if you guys want.

vs Fogo (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vc0U6QHM-Y

vs JonT (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHJXc0kvDTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8Qo2gP6Ag

vs ArturitoBurrito (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_pIpgL-MdE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJdkVZLZY7U

vs D4Ba (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL5AJ5VdH50

vs Ally (Snake) - Lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfC4XkxKJM

vs Razer (Snake) - Team Combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSLx10lwz4
That was NOT me. That was beah...I was MK. -.-

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I honestly don't find it hard to believe we beat snake, Snake's one of my favorite people to face we have the tools to screw with him as long as we don't mess up. Granted I mess up a lot but I'm talking about at a higher level. I never really struggle against him, he just closes the gap with his KO power.

Noraa

Smash Lord
vinnie i thought you said you were the best gw >.< i wouldnt even place tearbear top 10 with mks =/ **** losers man

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really only hate how little margin of error you have against Snake. When you do something against him, you can't screw it up since he punishes hard. And you have to be spot on with your observation to get in when he's grenade camping/doing whatever Snake does. The openings obviously exist, you just can't do anything stupid when you're approaching him.

In my experience, I pretty much have to be playing my absolute best to beat Snakes the conventional way. But it's pretty fun when I'm not screwing up my execution right and left.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Playing against MX is really difficult when you have to Yoshi experience. I got him to game 3 last stock but I was too high. He came close to beating Boss.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Good try guys. I know it musta been hard. With all these upsets it woulda been nice to have a GW up there but we're not out yet, we still have two more MLGs. I Just hope Zac practices a lot of matchups, with all these unexpected characters and the fact that texas will be the most western MLG we'll probably get some west coasters. There's bound to be variety. I don't think I'll be here though, I'll be in Basic Training by then I think.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
from what i heard,Vinnie got 33rd
he lost to TearBear and Fatal,ranked snake. idk who he beat,besides pikapika,a ranked pikachu here

yep:l,whhhhhhhhhhyy snaaaaaaaaaaaaake whhhhhhhhhhhhhy

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Making it to a MLG will be beyond difficult for me, if it's even possible...

And I did tell myself that I would put Super Mario Galaxy 2 as a priority over Smash. Who knows if I will have little bits of time to meet some of you guys on that cross country driving trip my family is taking me on.

I hope to enter EVO 2010 for SSF4 (at Vegas). Not that I actually have a chance at winning, but if it lets me meet Daigo and get owned by him...that will make my day.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
im not by any means, i knows hes good but i wouldnt put him in the top 10 mk's.
and A2ZOMG, did you already buy your pass for evo?
Not quite.

I'm delaying it for now since I want to have a quick word with my family to confirm whether or not it's alright with them.

I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't mind, I just need to make sure he's free. And then I just need to explain that the total cost is 60 dollars (10 per tournament, 50 for other stuff)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
G&W should be wrecking at these MLGs. All those weird, non-high tier characters... All those weird G&W friendly stages... \

Gogo gadget fishbowl!

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
G&W should be wrecking at these MLGs. All those weird, non-high tier characters... All those weird G&W friendly stages... \

Gogo gadget fishbowl!
Those low tier mains were incredible. MLG Columbus was an event where low tiers shined. I got taken out of losers by Yoshi, and I couldn't keep up with him because the Ohio smash scene really didn't see a Yoshi until now.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
There's some characters whose potential has been shown but not in major tournaments. There's only about 4-5 good Pikachu players that go to tournaments. Same goes with a number of other characters.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Why would it suck that he had to play them, if he got to semis or anything with out playing a mk or snake then i wouldnt have credited him that placing lol. I hope the sets were close

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^True.

Guys I just realized that I have this dumb srcub mentality. I've never been one to consider things "cheap" or limit myself but I realized I don't smash (attack) as much as I should because I feel guilty.

I noticed I smashed less with GW but I always thought it was because I was trying to make sure when I used them they mattered, but now I'm using MK and I NEVER Dsmash. I think it's because I feel guilty doing it. I'd CG and Dsmash and do whatever it takes if I had money on the line but I totally don't and because of that i'm limiting myself.

Man this sucks, I decide to pick up the lamest character and I don't even have the balls to use him lamely =/

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think I may be over doing it when my roommate points out that I just dsmashed 9 times in a row (9th one hitting of course).

Meh, spamming smashes seems to work. It conditions them to be more cautious cause you are now ready to kill them. They now have to space much tighter to avoid dieing so early. This is where you capitalize and hit them with quick aerials.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
3rd hit of nair is simply **** tbh. it combos into dsmash pretty well, plus idk if its just me or what, but i've also gotten some judgments from it too.
i've been practicing for the past 2 weeks now, i'm getting the hang of it.
must learn for all gws.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Now, when you say 3rd hit of nair are you implying that you've hit with the first two hits also? I have found that, after telling my friends exactly how the combo works, they are able to SDI up out of the nair -> dsmash combo. Most people, however, don't SDI it so it works great.

EDIT: Also, I got a new sig =O

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You only need to land hit 3. You can just learn to deliberately space the move as such so that you land immediately after that hit connects.

Hit 1 only also works, but only at KO percents (although that is exactly why you want the combo anyway lol, but the setup into D-smash will stop working at percents where you might consider killing with U-tilt), and it's much harder to space into sweetspot D-smash range. If you land hit 2 and don't connect into hit 3, you can't actually combo into anything btw.

Hit 4 can also combo into D-smash, but at 0% basically lol.

Hit 3 is awesome for having set knockback.

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
3rd hit of nair is simply **** tbh. it combos into dsmash pretty well, plus idk if its just me or what, but i've also gotten some judgments from it too.
i've been practicing for the past 2 weeks now, i'm getting the hang of it.
must learn for all gws.
What have you been practicing on?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Where did you find the render? I'll probably do more frame data for her if she makes me a new sig. >:D

Also what would you think of having high quality frame data like the Ness boards, or would you rather stick with the one you currently have?

Top Bottom