• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Peach's items are as legal as Diddy's banana's because they're part of her moveset. They're so rare that if she pulls them against you.... glhf lol.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Peach's items are as legal as Diddy's banana's because they're part of her moveset. They're so rare that if she pulls them against you.... glhf lol.
They are legal because the rules don't say they are banned. The rules say "Items are set to OFF and NONE" not "Items are banned" ;)

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Gnw is still better.
I know our black 2D guy is better, it's just that I don't really like this MU. :)

Yesterday at a lol random tourney, a friend of mine who played peach pulled 2 bombs in the very first few seconds of the game, lol. Broken luck more.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I got hit with 2 peach bombs at pound 5 in my 2nd round pool, was gay.

Btw zac, jerm said im about as gay as you with gnw, but your more technical? I don't get it.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hey, guys! I just want to update saying I'll be a bit inactive for a little while. Exams are coming up so I gotta work hard on things! Everything should be over by next week, though! (Woot!)
If anyone needs anything send me a PM (I get email notifications.) And I'll still be lurking here every so often!
Happy beeping! <3

Also, totally using Kamek avatar because he's a turtle (and we all know who loves turtles).

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
What is this i don't even... Ahh god you found my weak spot, pokemon XD.

~9-BiT (omg this is tedious XD)

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
I know, I wanted something original to put in the sig though, but it's not as easy as some of the other forums. lol.
~9-BiT (no more complaining XD)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
hai guys! now that im more expierienced and have gone to a tourney and fought zac ( but he went PT) im gonna have to secondary GW now. because i can DI a little so bucket braking is now worth while to me! just gotta get back good with him?
ive found small pattern in judgement, has it been proven to be controlable now? like after theese numbers you get a 9?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
After practicing all week every night for about an hour a night, I can now AC my ledgedrop FAirs. FAir sourspot to grab is so amusing.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
hai guys! now that im more expierienced and have gone to a tourney and fought zac ( but he went PT) im gonna have to secondary GW now. because i can DI a little so bucket braking is now worth while to me! just gotta get back good with him?
ive found small pattern in judgement, has it been proven to be controlable now? like after theese numbers you get a 9?
Are you the one who went Jiggs against him?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Right now I'm learning anything that might even slightly improve my game, so of course I learned it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
9s are 2gud.

All about completely destroying a piece of luigi's mansion with 9 hitlag refreshing the hitbox.

*edit* Now I wish Luigi's was legal in my region. Wait, no nvm, Meta Knight.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I tried doing AC ledgehopped fair last night. I got it a few times a few weeks ago when I tried, but my time off has ****ed up my timing. I ate a charged fsmash from Sonic when I screwed it up particularly badly.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
hit away (ledge drop), then within 8 frames you need to jump to FAir onto the stage. This FAir needs to be frame perfect after the double jump. There's a specific beep for GaW's double jump, you should NOT be hearing that if you're doing it right.

Oh, and if the ground above the ledge is a slant *coughYoshi'scough* it doesn't work. On some stages like Pictochat you'll get punished pretty hard for trying it.

Oh, and something I just found out: A full-hopped FAir from the centre platform on Japes ACs on the outer platforms. Very useful for me since I like CPing Japes on people.

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
I thought the only pattern with judgment was that you wont get the same number on the next 2 attempts. And you can't get a 1 or 2 as your first throw of the game. So at any point, you can get 1 of 7 possible numbers, just remember to waste a few after a 9.

Or does it go deeper?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't think it goes deeper, but remember that if you get a 2 or an 8 you have another chance for judgement, so use it! (or smash if it's a 2 at higher percentages).

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
So...I've been playing some new people lately, and not doing too great. Not necessarily bad, but not winning. I played some characters I haven't played before, and I wasn't use to the matchup. Characters like Lucario and ZSS who don't necessarily have an advantage over G&W, but I was new to the matchup. So I was thinking maybe we should have a single thread devoted to those matchups that are just about even for G&W. Just like a quick list of things to do/expect.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think G&W beats Lucario much more convincingly than people are going to admit at the moment. Like...maybe the matchup could be considered near neutral if Lucario didn't just get DESTROYED by G&W's D-throw game. But the way things are, G&W actually does wreck Lucario pretty seriously when he D-throws him. The fact you can D-tilt to cover his techroll is really really powerful. I mean, Snake hates getting hit by G&W's D-tilt a lot due to getting F-air edgeguarded pretty easily. Lucario happens to be both lighter than Snake and equipped with an inferior recovery.

I'm not entirely sure about ZSS, but coincidentally, she suffers just as much to G&W's D-throw as Lucario does, except if she doesn't tech at all, she's also vulnerable to D-smash.

But anyhow, I kinda know how to fight Lucario. It's super boring as hell, but basically the idea against Lucario is he can't do anything to you if you don't let him. His air game sucks against G&W, and his ground game isn't exactly good either due to his lack of really quick pokes and bad grab range. He can wall a lot and his forward roll is an annoying escape option. As long as you stay out of his tiny shieldgrab range and don't leave yourself open to his forward roll while pressuring him, he can't do anything back to you. You basically just want to chip at him until you have an opportunity to safely juggle and edgeguard him.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think G&W beats Lucario much more convincingly than people are going to admit at the moment. Like...maybe the matchup could be considered near neutral if Lucario didn't just get DESTROYED by G&W's D-throw game. But the way things are, G&W actually does wreck Lucario pretty seriously when he D-throws him. The fact you can D-tilt to cover his techroll is really really powerful. I mean, Snake hates getting hit by G&W's D-tilt a lot due to getting F-air edgeguarded pretty easily. Lucario happens to be both lighter than Snake and equipped with an inferior recovery.

I'm not entirely sure about ZSS, but coincidentally, she suffers just as much to G&W's D-throw as Lucario does, except if she doesn't tech at all, she's also vulnerable to D-smash.

But anyhow, I kinda know how to fight Lucario. It's super boring as hell, but basically the idea against Lucario is he can't do anything to you if you don't let him. His air game sucks against G&W, and his ground game isn't exactly good either due to his lack of really quick pokes and bad grab range. He can wall a lot and his forward roll is an annoying escape option. As long as you stay out of his tiny shieldgrab range and don't leave yourself open to his forward roll while pressuring him, he can't do anything back to you. You basically just want to chip at him until you have an opportunity to safely juggle and edgeguard him.
ZSS doesn't get grabbed by G&W very often.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I honestly don't think GnW wrecks Lucario. ='/ I say maybe solid advantage at most.
That's kinda what I meant. Just the fact that we have really good options out of D-throw on Lucario really can't be ignored especially given how much it gives G&W the edge in setting up kills. I mean outside of that, Lucario is annoying enough to deal with. But you legitimately have better closeup options than he does, and a lot of playing him in general is just not biting into his ****.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
So no comments on my idea for the even-ish matchup thread?

I mean, it could just include all the characters we have an even matchup with. Like, just a quick list of things to know about it, so we know what to expect, and maybe some moves that work well against them.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
A solid disadvantage? I beg to differ.
Whaaa? You don't think ZSS is a solid disadvantage for GnW? And by solid I mean 40:60 ZSS favor.

That's kinda what I meant. Just the fact that we have really good options out of D-throw on Lucario really can't be ignored especially given how much it gives G&W the edge in setting up kills. I mean outside of that, Lucario is annoying enough to deal with. But you legitimately have better closeup options than he does, and a lot of playing him in general is just not biting into his ****.
Yeah-- I can definitely agree with this. I think GnW has a good time keeping pressure and staying in. I think dthrow is probably one of the easiest way to kill Lucario. It would be kind of hard to do anyway else since his hitboxes are so everywhere. ='/ And the fact that he is generally annoying.

Omnious, where is your post about it?

Top Bottom