• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

kaak

Smash Journeyman
"Mr. Game and Watch is made of a primordial substance that can take on any number of forms. Mr. Game and Watch was harvested for this reason to create The Subspace Army. It is also stated on the Smash Dojo that Mr. Game and Watch allowed this to happen because he has no concept of good and evil."

how cool is that?

just like ditto

epic

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W is more like Porygon Z. They're quirky, and hit REALLY ****ING HARD. He was overhyped in the beginning of the metagame, and even though we now recognize he has obvious problems, they don't stop him from ultimately being a significant threat.

God**** I surprise myself sometimes coming to these conclusions. I could go on and on about this, how G&W has three overpowered Smashes (Tri attack lol), how setup (Nasty Plot) makes them ridiculously powerful, etc etc...

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
If MK gets banned (which won't happen, but what if's are fun) how do you think it'll effect G&W?

I think it'll either go one of two ways:

-All the MK's switch to Snake, and G&W gets wiped off the face of the Earth

or

-With MK gone, thats one character less G&W has to worry about facing (leaving Snake and Falco to deal with) and hopefully, G&W could see a rebirth, as far as number of G&W's go.

Any thoughts?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If MK gets banned (which won't happen, but what if's are fun) how do you think it'll effect G&W?

I think it'll either go one of two ways:

-All the MK's switch to Snake, and G&W gets wiped off the face of the Earth

or

-With MK gone, thats one character less G&W has to worry about facing (leaving Snake and Falco to deal with) and hopefully, G&W could see a rebirth, as far as number of G&W's go.

Any thoughts?
Probably the first one :laugh:.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Besides the fact that MK shouldn't and wont be banned, I think several things could occur. Immediately after said ban, I think a rise in good mid tier characters such as Olimar and ROB would happen, and probably die down soon after. Either Snake will be taken up heavily, or the people who mained MK go for more similar characters to transition to like G&W.

MK getting banned doesn't really help G&W as much as it appears it would, in any case. It also doesn't feel like a million Snakes would hurt us either.

but I havent put too much thought on such a silly thing!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm always checking this board out however. I'll never main anyone better than G&W.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well, I constantly check up on our boards, and refuse to main or use anyone else out of friendlies but G&W, but I don't post as much anymore as things have gotten less busy around here. G&W isn't stale or have little depth. More of, it's our community who's stopped caring about discussion threads and little specific guides on to how to most optimally use a certain move and things of that nature. There are no shortage of ideas we can take from other Board's threads to generate some activity as well as topics that we may of had before that didn't go as far as they could of, it's just that nobody is really stepping it up, and the G&W Back Room is pretty much the same.

also I'm surprised nobody seemed to care about my MK theme going on!

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
nobody is going to talk about Hobo?:(

x_x

i know hylian and ZAC went but maybe more GW mainers went?
and gratz on your placings o.o
details!
details!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
HOBO 17 was fun. The fact that it was MK banned really wasn't a big deal. It only affected Dojo from not being able to use his main.

I got 7th, which was upsetting. I had to play Dojo round two and lost. Then had to play Lee Martin way later in losers and lost to him. I counterpicked wrong ><

Hylian didn't use G&W in singles (or at least not that I know of). He uses ICs now.

I got 1st in teams though =P Won a match in winners finals using judgment, and another in grand finals with judgment. Some vids will be up later.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol i see
did you notice any characters being used more since MK is banned? o.o

gratz on first then, lol..only you could pull off judgment in finals like that x_x

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I would have lost two games at HOBO 17 if it werent for judgment. Just wait til the videos get uploaded =D

Okay, I guess I was being too Judgmental (Monday is Pun Day).

I remember seeing you at Genesis, and everytime I saw you jump in the air, it was always Judgment.

I guess every G&W has their own attack they love the most, mine being Up B.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Hi Game and Watch boards. Props to UTD Zac. His Game & Watch is amazing!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Do any G&W players going to S.N.E.S. need a teammate? I'm looking for one and figured double G&W is always fun. Any takers?

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how well G&W(squared) goes in doubles. He's really a killing character, not a damage-racking one. Especially in teams where your teammate almost inevitably gets sucked into your turtles and fishbowls and your opponents just slide right out of them or save eachother. I'd rather team with a Wario or MK, or ZSS for the complete and utter lulz. Also I've heard/seen good things about G&W/peach. Really anyone whose moves you feel you can follow up the best, since that's what G&W does mostly in doubles. MK's d-throw is a perfect example, since the trajectory is so concrete you can always follow it up with any aerial/an u-smash.

However, watching 2 G&W's walling someone back and forth between d-tilts sounds like the best thing that could possibly happen in this game. Almost as good as 2 D3's d-throwing back and forth.

Edit:
I would have lost two games at HOBO 17 if it werent for judgment.
This. Judgment is entirely underrated, and anyone who thinks it's a bad move is very wrong. A lot of other people's thoughts on this move is that 'oh he's using his hammer. That's cute' then get hit by it for underestimating it, and die at 40% because they weren't expecting to have to DI something that early. G&W is already bland as it is, why declare a chunk of his moveset useless (judgement/chair/chef) instead of finding ways to utilize it? The evidence that it's good is all in Zac's vids (especially his combo video, lol) but just watching matches he plays shows how effective it is when used correctly. Learn its mechanics, and learn when to use it at the optimal time. I've just recently started breaking its surface, and it's been VERY rewarding thus far. I'm loving G&W more and more since I went to Genesis =D even though I almost switched to Zelda/Sheik and I can't wait to become better with him by the next big tourney I go to so I can at least make it out of my pool >.>.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Even though G&W is clearly the best team partner, I don't think he teams very well with himself.

Mainly because there isn't enough variety, and whenever you run into a matchup problem with G&W, double G&W now has at least two matchup problems. Being disadvantaged to x character if they survive long enough.

So anyhow as the guy above me said, you want another character that is more focused on damage dealing that can help you start combos.

I think Mario/G&W is actually a pretty good team. Mario is a character who does better in doubles since he gets tricks like the Cape **** (teammate does U-throw, Mario Capes, enemy dies at like 20%), and then he's quick and able to D-smash a lot when surrounded. Also, Fireballs are great for filling the Bucket of course. Luigi/G&W is also pretty good in similar ways, except he has Up-B instead of Cape, and his fireballs are slightly better for the Bucket.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the feedback, and while I understand that double G&W isn't the best team, it can be fun. I don't know anyone in the area, so I figured it could be a good way to meet a fellow G&W player. I plan on entering teams for the fun of it, so I'm not particularly worried about having a good team. If we happen to win some, all the better for it.

Mostly, though, I just need a teammate, haha.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Double G&W can be good, you both can alternate N-Airs between one another.

Other than that, a better teammate imo would be Snake. (They both have the same victory music.)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just throwing it out there.

I canceled Samus's fully charged shot with G&W's D-smash.

It was so lulzy.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
The green color is for premium members. As a premium member, you get a certain number of times where you can prank people by changing the color of their name to pink.

Top Bottom