• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

NatP

Smash Ace
I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm NatP, I'm a Portuguese G&W player and I wanna be more active in the g&w forums.

Rajam

Smash Champion
eeehh well here is a chilean G&W player since a lot of time ( since i played with items and 4 players at the same time ) hi

NatP

Smash Ace
Well, I'll post it here, I guess. I posted on the "important directory" topic, and haven't gotten a replay in quite some time now, so I'll ask it here. Where can I post my tourney results?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I used to be the one keeping track of that but people suddenly stopped giving me results.
Was this around the time when people figured out G&W sucked as a brawl character in tournament? If so then I know why =)

If not then its probably because they just hate you or something.

I'm game for a tourney results thread

Rajam

Smash Champion
Zac, you should put an index thread to all the new matchup topics you are managing now :) it will be really helpful as new matchup topics come out

NatP

Smash Ace
Well, I'm all up for a game and watch tournament results thread. There are going to be more tourneys here on Portugal and I'm definitely gonna be reppin g&w. ;)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hey, how's everyone in here doing?

I decided to pick up G&W as a secondary, because Kirby ***** Wolf. I don't know if I'll be active in here, but I'll probably be lurking. If you have any tips or anything, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. =)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
G&W vs Kirby?

Try d-throw --> d-smash. Its not legit, but a Kirby who doesn't know how to tech will be hit by it.

DONT try to uair the rock. Its a bad habit of mine in the kirby match up =/

Kirbys pretty light, so keep fair fresh for an early kill.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
G&W vs Kirby?

Try d-throw --> d-smash. Its not legit, but a Kirby who doesn't know how to tech will be hit by it.

DONT try to uair the rock. Its a bad habit of mine in the kirby match up =/

Kirbys pretty light, so keep fair fresh for an early kill.
Nah, I'm dealing with higher level players now. I can take on most people. I just went to a tourney and got ***** by Chudat's Kirby. I used Wolf, which I won't do again vs Kirby. I was hoping to find some refuge with G&W.

Thanks for the tips.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs Kirby is EASY.

You can be extremely aggressive vs him as long as you can avoid his shieldgrab. His recovery is complete trash against G&W's edgeguarding. He also doesn't have any real way to approach past G&W's D-tilt and B-air as it is, and is overly reliant on his Down-B for any real way to stop G&W from juggling him.

But seriously, Kirby gets offstage ***** SOOOOOOO BADLY by G&W it's not funny. A combination of Up-B, F-air, and D-air pretty much counter everything he can do to recover.

If he recovers from below, D-air raaaaaaaapes his recovery. What I like doing is ledgedrop slowfall D-air to intercept him. Up-Bing immediately afterwards gets you even more hits and possibly stagespikes him or edgehogs him. his recovery is probably predictable enough to spike if you have good timing too.

F-air is always good if he comes from the side. He pretty much can't punish it, and it KOs him really early.

Yeah but anyhow, basically be on the move, and don't give him any opportunity to space against you. And once he's offstage, GO ****ING ALL OUT ON HIM. As long as you play the match on your terms safely enough, you should pretty much destroy him convincingly.

Also, just keep in mind you can Bucket his projectiles. This includes Kirby's Chef (and if he's dumb enough to swallow you, it's a free D-air).

Offtopic: G&W's spotdodge is only good for getting grabs. Just saying.

Hydruz

Smash Cadet
Have you seen the norcal PR? Almost everyone uses a GNW counter lol

Rajam

Smash Champion
Balanced Brawl...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246327

GET HYPE NOW.

I really think G&W could have used a buff somewhere (like a lil more knockback on F-air or something) but seriously, I think this looks promising, considering how easily this is set up on ANY wii with OR without homebrew.
Wow, it looks great

I showed it to the chilean Brawl community and they all look very excited; hope this can get some attention here in the near future

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Of course he can still Bucket Break. That's a silly notion that he might not be able to when they listed "No changes" for him.

Also, G&W is much like he is in vBrawl: One of the best characters. In BBrawl he may be the hands down best but there is some serious competition still. The changes really only made our bad matchups easier and buffed our already dominating matchups.

Plus more stages :)

Anyway, BBrawl is awesome. I recommend it to all of you.

Top Bottom