• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
I read Rizen's post and I remain thoroughly unconvinced of his point, mostly because I don't know what it is.
The only reason people beat MK with obscure characters is due to the fact that they are obscure. A really good player can pick a character nobody plays against and win with silly things just by knowing the MU better than the opponent does.
Old Man Grey requested an encore; I made it a good one. It has as much point as Smiley or Damittom telling me to get better which in its self is the point and was for a long time. There was no real MK debate :/ just 'get better' repeated. I showed I do:smirk:

You have a good point but don't assume people lose because they don't know low tier MUs. I don't only play characters nobody plays against too.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Lol basically Smiley and I went from being the bad guys to the good guys in the end.

Man we're awesome

Somebody should write a novel about us. Then make it into a movie.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Biting my tongue.
So can we just agree that the whole thing was stupid? (except that encore post had some really exquisite trolling, it's a lost art)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I skimmed Rizen's and then Smiley's response. I laughed.

"The devate is over"
"I don't want to hear any of your ****, this debate is over"

Rizen

Smash Legend
Grey was right about the activity. It is funny, plus who doesn't like Calvin and Hobbes?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why should we listen to you?!
Don't fight Razen and Happyface. ):
...................\................/
.....................\............/
........................\......./
..........................\.../
............................V
............................I

...oh.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So I was killed off the top by Ivysaur's Upsmash at 60% from the right battlefield platform.

<.<

I cried a little

D

Deleted member 189823

It would've killed you at a normal level at 60% anyways. IIRC, it could kill Samus at that percentage too (without DI).

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Is Fox's really second? That explains a lot. It seems really unrealistically powerful. Kills a GW at like 70 percent or so.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am quite sure our usmash is stronger than Foxs. Peach should also have stronger one. Ivy is by far in her own category though. Fox's usmash isn't that strong it's just very easy land it can feels powerful against GW as he dies much much earlier than he should as we don't have time to bucket brake.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I am quite sure our usmash is stronger than Foxs. Peach should also have stronger one. Ivy is by far in her own category though. Fox's usmash isn't that strong it's just very easy land it can feels powerful against GW as he dies much much earlier than he should as we don't have time to bucket brake.
Someone on another board was asking about this recently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQPYZ9SokDI
Strange timing.
Ivy's is definitely the strongest. After that I'm not exactly sure.
Fox's is really strong but I think G&W's is a bit stronger. DK's, Olimar's and Lucas' Usmashes are powerful too.

Peach is close under them with Bowser and Ike. IMO.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The 20% thing isn't really valid as knockback scaling exists. For example Luigis Fsmash and Ness backthrow.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't feel like using different %s. Someone said Peach's Usmash was more powerful than Ivy's; that's all I wanted to compare.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well it's damn obvious Ivysaur is the strongest. There is nothing to compare to it. It's that strong.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I know; it's weird that someone though Peach's was. Peach does have a better Usmash in terms of speed and usefulness.

I found something that's already known but good. Dair then slow-fall it part way down and opponents will shield like a FF Dair then DI behind them and land with a Nair>followup (depends on what the opponent does. G&W has a weak mix-up game and faking Dair to Bair/Nair/2nd Dair etc is nice.

BTW what's our MU with Sheik? We ruin Zelda so Shelda isn't useful and G&W's air game seems to beat Sheik pretty hard. /just wondering

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Lucas is stronger than us. It also wouldn't be weird for Peach to be stronger too, but maybe it's because of how strong it's compared to her other moves.

Zucco

Smash Master
Can someone give me a quick fresh summary on a couple of mus, my gnw has been doing some work latelly but ima need to be way more solid to achieve my apex goals.

So recap on

Gnw vs TL, lucario(yes f trela), falco,diddy.

-papa pwii

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I knew Peach was stronger than Fox. It's still extremely dumb how Fox doesn't need much effort landing it. I was shocked to see Squirtle that high. I'll have to test it myself to believe it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It... Can't... be... I gotta test these myself to believe them. DKs usmash isn't even slow.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That list had several gaps:

Uncharged Up-Smash Killing Power, Aerial Opponent:
(Highest to lowest)

(Character performed a C-stick uncharged up-smash on Mario immediately above them on right-side platform of Battlefield; the percentage required to kill is given: lower percentage needed means higher knockback. Some shorter characters without aerial-focused hitboxes cannot reach this platform and are thus omitted.)

Ivysaur: 51 (68 fatigued)
DK: 74
Lucas: 80
Peach: 84
Ganondorf: 85
Shiek: 86

Olimar: R-89 Y-96 B-89 P-116 W-151
Ike: 92
Bowser: 93 (99 for u-tilt)
ROB: 93

DeDeDe: 100 (95 for u-tilt...)
Ice Climbers: 102 (similar alone)
Toon Link: 103
Zelda: 107
Snake: 111 (u-tilt, more powerful than smash)
Charizard: 112 (143 fatigued)
Marth: 116
Yoshi: 120

Link: 126
Wolf: 128 (116 for u-tilt...)
Kirby: 129
Squirtle: 130 (159 fatigued)
Pit: 140
Samus: 141 (u-tilt, more powerful than smash)
Ness: 142
Diddy: 148

Falcon: 150
Sonic: 157 (u-tilt, more powerful than smash)
Lucario: 164 (192 for u-tilt) [Lucario @ 0% damage himself]
Pikachu: 172

G&W's omitted for being too short. In others DK, ROB and maybe others are left out because they can't hit unless the opponent is above them. The list's still good but he should have had a low platform in the stage builder and used the same criteria for testing every character.

"In addition, some character have down-airs that similarly have vertical knockback that can kill at comparable percentages:

Link: 86
Pit: 133
Toon Link: 140
DeDeDe: 143

Ice Climbers: 194
Shiek: 197
"
^G&W should be in here too. (Link's Dair was not frame 1 sweet-spotted)
I assume it was with the opponent set to control with not DI.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
It has gaps, but it is still helpful to know. So it looks like Ivy>DK>Lucas>GnW. Either way we still ****, and Ivysaur needs to be banned.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dk appears to be a lot stronger than it actually it because the hitbox is so high out there. DK is still among the top, but no way it's 2nd strongest.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
What disappoints me most in that thread (although it is fantastic) is that our U-air wasn't included in its ability to KO vertically. If one put their mind to it they could test it by landing only the second hit out of a short hop.

Perhaps I will test it out.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Squirt and Kirby being that high surprises me a little. Otherwise it's roughly what I thought.

D

Deleted member 189823

I'm not impressed. Squirtle's Up-Smash is very strong by my experience. Kirby's Smashes are powerful too, even if they're average speed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not impressed.
What's to be impressed about?

I think people underestimate moves that are not what kills them often. Like for me Kirby/Squirt's Usmash is rarely the move they use to KO me. Ganon's Usmash is overshadowed by Uair so people sometimes underestimate it. DK's Usmash is very circumstantial and he has several great KO moves so it might be overlooked(?)
I fatigue Squirt and the pokemon too much and should switch more often.

D

Deleted member 189823

I meant that I'm not too impressed about the strength of the moves being that strong.

Top Bottom