• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
But there is the advantage that it still does ******** amounts of damage so the trade might still be most likely in Snakes favor.
Maybe but the individual kicks actually don't do that much damage, it's mostly the last kick that does the most. Everyone should practice and be able to sdi the nair within 2 kicks.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of how readable it can turn out to be or how people can adapt to it, I do think our B-air is one of the best in the game. It takes a bit of work to adapt to it and is hard to shield. Not to mention that landing hit box is fun, if the opponent is like 180%+ the head of it can KO and so can the body if you hit with the initial hit.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I wish I kneqw the timing that i used to have. It would hit with both hitboxes, and then the landing one came just in time to hit before they can shield grab. Oh and also jumping towards them facing forwards and then bairing the back of their shield is amazing.

Who should we do the mu for next?

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's not much to say, G&W wrecks that MU (here's where Bair's good). But a good Ganon can murder the unprepared or impatient so it's good to know.

IDC what MU we do next.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Pika can't CG us can he(she? ...it?!)? G&W has the nice trait of minimal susceptibility to CG/grab releases :)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think he can still Dthrow Nair and usmash though. I dunno much about the MU but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's +1 for us. We can discuss more in a thread if such ever occurs.

D

Deleted member 189823

How is it +1 for us? Being able to bucket his projectiles can't mean that much...can it?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well first of all he loses Thunder and Jolts which are important. He cannot chaingrab and we beat him in the air. Nothing solid, but far enough to call and advantage.

D

Deleted member 189823

Oh, I see.
Sounds like a +2 for me, but that's just me and I lack experience in that MU.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It'ssssss Zaac D:

Oh and played moar GW today. He still feels so weird. As if I had never used him before. His moves feels **** and everything feels so hard. Bad GW is bad.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
GW is weird after you dont use him for a while, been having a hard time moving the way I like with him after playign so much MK and Peach

I'm so proud of how good my MK is getting though =)

Soon I will finally be a dual-main! I just gotta keep practicing (and forcing myself to use Gdubs, just having more fun with my other mains at the moment)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am finally starting to master Ice Climbers. Following Vinnies footsteps. I had trouble with them for years, but finally I am starting to be a threat with them. I don't want to quit G&W though, but even now he feels incredibly awkward to use. It doesn't help that my most played MUs are the ones he isn't good at. But I'll see what I can do about it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
My ROB is reaching a new level too. And soon my Dedede will be unveiled as well. Only to fail horribly and never want to use again I really want to break away from the mainstream that I joined smash inside of. #TooManyGnW'sR.O.B.'sAZ

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
GW is weird after you dont use him for a while, been having a hard time moving the way I like with him after playign so much MK and Peach

I'm so proud of how good my MK is getting though =)

Soon I will finally be a dual-main! I just gotta keep practicing (and forcing myself to use Gdubs, just having more fun with my other mains at the moment)
Whenever I play MK after playing GnW for a while, I always seem to be moving a lot faster with my moves, at least for the first round.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I took first in teams at a local brawl event. revolution 12 or something. Beating out Dentis team and ALSM team [/namesearch]

G&W still best in teams, need moar good players yo

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Congrats Zac! That's awesome. You should make us a guide or something for doubles, since I mainly use G&W in doubles and I have no idea what to do.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac, P:M or B-?

Or GW2? C:
The tourney was Brawl. I also won P:M teams and took second in singles, but that was with Peach/ Lucario/ Sheik.

I bought GW2 but havent gotten a chance to play it. been doing diablo 3 and streaming it and such. Helping newer players since im rich xD

Congrats Zac! That's awesome. You should make us a guide or something for doubles, since I mainly use G&W in doubles and I have no idea what to do.
I should. You basically want to focus on getting killings and zoning people. You have so many space control options. You want to prioritize those over just dealing damage. You dont need to deal damage. Use UpB, bair/nair, uair often. Be an annoying little jerk in teams!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right. I have no idea who I am gonna team with, if at all though, but I hope I can get another Lucario. I like that team.

Rizen

Smash Legend
G&W rules in teams :) . These are the most combative forums even without me so I'm going to stick to the social and friendly conversation.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I really hate to be that guy... but

After playing Kira yesterday and talking to him...

I don't think we beat ROB anymore. Those ****ing tilts man.

I got so frustrated I had a rage moment yesterday, I can't remember the last time I got that mad >_>

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Its not a **** match up, but it's still slightly our favor. 55:45 imo

btw...bait the tilts, you're just running into them without thinking lol....

Shielding tilts can lead to good punishes like grabs, nair, or even fairs. If you're not fast enough they'll just jab you away or even grab you instead.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I usually hop over tilts.
Kira's a really good ROB. I agree we have an advantage in the MU but I can see Kira making it seem like we don't, lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
IMO it's still pretty **** for us. Just gotta approach with nair a lot cause it pops him up, and once he's up it's a free match-up.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Nair approach is so unsafe lol.....good Robs will not fall for that.

edit: okay it is pretty safe against ROB lol, but he still has ways to easily punish it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah but you can't just say "punish" so simply. If you reduce the shield through other means then the punishment (a grab? A tilt?) does not even come close to the reward you get for getting him into the air. I'll gladly run into the brick wall of ROB with nair multiple times just so I can consistently poke him.

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
Just got 4th in a 56 man tourney at my school going a mix of GnW and MK. I'm Sam http://challonge.com/mega4brawl

Only a handful of good players were there, but I'm really surprised we had such a big turnout. I was down pretty good on last stocks in my last game, and was about to try for some 9's, but the projector lag caused me to fair instead of bair and, well, Marth.

Only lost to Marthas, and the second was game 3. I was rusty as heck, but I always play way to aggro under pressure and did a bunch of stupid stuff. Also the last guy I beat raged about me being allowed to play MK (he was DDD), despite winning the first game, so I switched to GnW and won 2-1.

The finals is DDD vs Marth btw.

Top Bottom