• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
A short list of things my fellow mains may like to know that I discovered at revelations:

*Tyrant's GW is ****ing **** and I'm officially a **** rider
*M2K thinks GW is underrated
*GW+ZSS is good. Like really good. WAAAAYYY better than I already thought and I'm ******** for not realizing it before
*Doing gimmicky **** to people with no GW experience is fun.

and this is probably the most surprising thing:

*M2K not only thinks Gdubs is underrated but better than MARTH

Seriously.

Not that M2K's word is necessarily accurate, and even he admits it's very likely he is wrong but that is his firm opinion.

Although I should mention consider that M2K ONLY uses MK which would make sense since Gdubs does better than marth vs MK.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
MK has an extremely difficult time with GW in the air as most of our airials can beat his leaving him to his ground game. Although it is true that his f-tilt and d-tilt are superior to all of our ground options baiting f-tilt is fairly easy and somewhat punishable. D-tilt is easy to beat if you read it and use b-air or n-air to avoid its hit box and hit mk from above.

MK unlike most charcters relies on gimps to get kills. As we all know other than MK himself and Wario GW is the next hardest charcter to gimp. From on stage MKs only reliable kill moves are shuttle loop, up tilt, and downsmash (the later two can be easily avoided if you are patient) From the air MK can kill with glide attack, shuttle loop, and n-air. glide attack is easy to avoid and our airial range beats n-air's range.

This leaves shuttle loop with the only truly reliable kill move. However, the way Shuttle loop kills it should be easy to DI and bucket break. Also if shuttle loop is stale it is nearly impossible for MK to kill GW without a read.

Tornado is not safe for MK in this match-up and of all characters GW punishes MK's mistakes the hardest. Also MK's 5 jumps are irrelavant in this match-up because GW can kill MK at 80% so who cares if he is off stage just wait for him to come back.

MK's Grab is the only thing that gives him any advantage over us in the match-up. So my advise is to mix well spaced b-airs and n-airs with empty hop -> to second jump fast fall b-airs and n-airs poking MK when he leaves his shield up. However, in no situation use a smash move or tilt on MK's shield you WILL be grabbed, Punish his landings and always go for the punish if you think you can at worst he is going to shuttle loop you stailing his reliable kill moves.

I can give more advise on this match-up, but most of you don't care as you already have it stuck in you head that MK is nearly unbeatable.

For those of you that do think he is beatable props to you and I will share more advise if you want it.

For those of you that don't, don't try to argue with me we all have our own opinions and none of us are going to change our opinion on whether MK is broken or not. But face the facts MK is here to stay like it or not.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm gonna upload that **** tonight. Expect it to be on my youtube channel rather soon.

Most of the match is hard to see but you get to hear me creaming myself for like 3 minutes.

mytagisasmileyface = My youtube channel

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can give more advise on this match-up, but most of you don't care as you already have it stuck in you head that MK is nearly unbeatable.

For those of you that do think he is beatable props to you and I will share more advise if you want it.

For those of you that don't, don't try to argue with me we all have our own opinions and none of us are going to change our opinion on whether MK is broken or not. But face the facts MK is here to stay like it or not.
Debaters who base their case on assumptions, incomplete information and putting words in people's mouths stand on a house of cards.
MK was banned at WHOBO http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326126

You said "most of you don't care as you already have it stuck in you head that MK is nearly unbeatable". Quote someone saying MK's 'nearly unbeatable' or the like. Otherwise your argument is is slanderous and false.
I'll prove it (again):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suuB_2NHhZ4&feature=plcp

Your argument is one thing but making up BS to insult the opposition is something else. I can't believe this got dug up again:facepalm:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good stuff Smiley. Wish I had gone to Revelations but my fall term started the following day.

Rizen

Smash Legend
('don't want that exhumed; I'm done)

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Lol Tyrant probably would have won that if he didn't SD

And Rizen I already said I wasn't going to argue with you because its pointless so rather than wasting your time go try to get better at this game.

But I do have a question how is a game of you playing zelda relevant at all to GW. Honestly Zelda is a **** character.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol people still thinking the matchup is even.

As much as I enjoy watching G&W almost beat MK, i can easily link videos where G&W gets destroyed in the match up. It's very difficult to stay consistent in high level play where MK only has to keep applying tilt pressure/play defensive as his lead steadily grows.

4:6, -1 match up, whichever you want to see it as. I think that's a pretty reasonable look on it:/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think it's a quite hard MU, but GW is still the character I play the MU with. It's almost impossible to get in against a defensive MK. For something that hard, it can't be even at all.

Rizen

Smash Legend
And Rizen I already said I wasn't going to argue with you because its pointless so rather than wasting your time go try to get better at this game.

But I do have a question how is a game of you playing zelda relevant at all to GW. Honestly Zelda is a **** character.
(because I can beat MK with my -3 and -4 MU characters and G&W (& Wolf) too who have much better MUs too.)

I've been in tons of debates of every nature and they all have something in common, people who can't put up a good argument run away because they're too pathetic to acknowledge facts. If you want to try and pull a 'swiftboat' on me without substance then I'm going to make sure you know you have nothing. There is something to this argument on the anti-ban side, you don't have it.

MK has a much smaller edge grab limit. No other character has this limitation. The fact the you think MK's planking isn't broken alone makes me see how pointless talking to you about this is. Limited killing potential, not dominating the tier list (but staying in the same, highest place), what's best for the community is banning MK (see the poll http://allisbrawl.com/ ) only a few MK players think otherwise, your prohibition reference is invalid, top players don't care about characters IDK why you mentioned that, MK's top in Japan too and characters need CPs hence MK wrecking the CP system- you just admitted it.

MK wrecks the CP system. That's exactly what you just said and MK wins on neutrals too.
Tiers are a good way to judge how good characters are and MK's been on top the entire time.

MK breaks the CP system and has no bad MUs. Your 'god among men' reference has no place in this debate. Look at the money MK's won, he dominates and isn't common enough to justify that much profit. Being better than every other character, making that much more, staying on top, wrecking the CP system which you admitted many times=dominating.

MK has been banned. Why are you bring up all this?

Lol, you can't argue those points and don't have facts. I posted facts and links you posted opinions like 'IF and only IF he was as good to the point he was dominate and bannable then there would be no Ally's Snake', 'Unity banned him because at the time its the URC believe was best for the community, not what was necessarily true. During Prohibition the government banned Alcohol because they believed it was best for society.', 'we have already proven through the Japanese stage list and other conservative rulesets that we can make an enviornment where MK is possibly not the best character and has his "thrown" at the top threatened.'
BTW, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316518
S+ tier MK.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14726861&postcount=6910
^This is how you debate a case, with facts! You can't. You can't run either- I'm calling you on that.

"Norfair was banned because MK could 'V' under the stage for unstoppable planking. I think Cornairia's fin planking was the main reason it was banned too."

and now http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14794183&postcount=16634

So a small group wants to keep MK by ruining the CP system for the rest of us and your defense is to question our skill and avoid hard data? Did you expect me to take this lying down? Where's the beef?! I hate when deluded people are obstructionists at my expence.

My opinion on the ban is that some tourneys should still have MK because taking someone's main away does suck but by default MK should be banned. I've also had a top 8 ladder placer CP a pocket MK when I picked Brin game 3, win and say if I had picked BF I would have had a chance and to never pick Brin because MK.

Wasn't this just about MK beating G&W until somebody had to dig up the ban thing and insult everyone who thought different?
I hate letting people walk away. @ Damitton, you haven't addressed the data and are a disgrace to debates. Prove me wrong or leave knowing you have nothing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I do better against MK with Peach who loses horribly to him. I just don't know GWs are supposed to pull it off. You cannot afford missing a single Dthrow techchase as working for that grab is so hard.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
jesus christ get ****ing over it. NObody cares about anything you say, dude just get better holy freaking ****

why are people still arguing about this.

MK gets beat by dumb characters EVERY DAY, it is normal for a competitive game to have a small amount of dominant characters, it's just the way things are/get

MK wins a lot of matchups, but a good amount of them are winnable and you should pick your characters according to this fact and get better, D3 screws over a select portion of the cast, but we're not banning him, are we? No, you just pick up characters that don't get **** on by him, so do the same for MK pick a character that can actually beat him, you are acting like -1s are impossible matchups, they're slight disadvantages, you know what else is a disadvantage? Playing a better player, should we ban the better player? no, you are forced to get better, so just... get better. have many MKs that beat me on a regular basis but I just plan to train and get better and beat them.

you are either playing the game (Which means maining more than one character and choosing those characters intelligently) or just proving your null point (which means maining stupid characters and complaining when you lose)

Nobody anti-ban will care about ANY of that because they have all the proof they need when NickRiddle, and Fow, and Mekos, and Shaky, and Dehf, and Vinnie, and whoever the **** else who mains a character other than MK beats them on a regular basis. ESPECIALLY under the more common japanese rulesets. That's actual fact because guess what: it actually has happened. Things that have actually happened consistently will always have more weight because it's not some dude in his room crunching numbers, it's being put on youtube for everyone to see.

Nobody is saying you are wrong Rizen, they are saying: So what?

Why are we still talking about this. Have you ever even played a top level MK Rizen? If you have than I dunno about you but all it makes me want to do is get better and beat them. And thats the difference between you and I. You are destined to complain and never get better because you feel as if there's no point. On the other hand players like Mekos don't john or complain, they just put in work and beat gluttony and Tyrant at the same tourney with ****ing lucas.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Wow was that to both Rizen and me or just him D:
oh lol, just him.

But the way you said wow makes me feel bad, was it harsh? I wasn't trying to be mean it's just really annoying hearing people still complaining about MK when I watch people who don't complain **** them.

I'm just saying if they can do it why can't you?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The image I got from your post was pretty much: Get the **** out we hate you and you should feel bad.
But anyways, the fact that top players are able to deal with it doesn't mean the character has any sort of a good or even MU with MK. It just mostly has to do with the fact that everyone knows how to beat MK, skilled players using obscure characters and being good at this game. Toplevel players like Vinnie can make G&W appear much better than he actually is by outplaying his opponents and making it look like his smashes actually are easy to hit people with. Every single time I do something with G&W I feel like I'm taking a huge risk and that getting something done is hard. Then I read a single airdodge because dumb people airdodge to the ground and kill them at 80%.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Rizen, maybe he didn't want to argue with you because you explode everytime MK is mentioned.

If a character can "break" a CP system, then the system was already broken. People have been complaining about the RC/Brinstar for reasons other than MK as well. The two stages together break the system, there is no doubt about that. And don't try and tell me Norfair is fair without MK, it isn't, neither is Corneria.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
The image I got from your post was pretty much: Get the **** out we hate you and you should feel bad.
But anyways, the fact that top players are able to deal with it doesn't mean the character has any sort of a good or even MU with MK. It just mostly has to do with the fact that everyone knows how to beat MK, skilled players using obscure characters and being good at this game. Toplevel players like Vinnie can make G&W appear much better than he actually is by outplaying his opponents and making it look like his smashes actually are easy to hit people with. Every single time I do something with G&W I feel like I'm taking a huge risk and that getting something done is hard. Then I read a single airdodge because dumb people airdodge to the ground and kill them at 80%.
Thats precisely my point though. He's good.

he got better

this has nothing to do with characters, my point is just get better.

(Luck*)>Skill>tiers>matchups

Luck being debatable and optional of course

and no I wasn't trying to say: gtfo I hate you. I like rizen I just hate how everytime mk is mentioned rizen follows with a long post full of links that are essentially excuses to why he isn't better.

And no i'm not saying i'm necessarily better either (I'm very busy and I don't get to practice too often) however i'm not going to whine and complain. His weakness may be MK: mine is olimar and everyone is AZ knows it. but I don't blame it on olimar, I blame it on the fact that I have a weakness to olimar. I just plan on finally not being *** at the matchup and dong it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
On another note, my most played MU is Marth and the guy always play with switched from Falco to Marth. You don't know real pain! >: (

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Smiley,

I didn't bring it up and I am not a doormat. If someone insults me they won't be let off the hook.

I have Wolf and G&W for MK. You're ignoring that Norfair, Brin and RC (and Cornairia but I don't care) were banned because MK and he wrecks the CP system- which is the entire point.

Vinne lost to MK in Japan. Japanese rule only allow SV/BF/FD (which is not the Western CP system) and MK is consistently on top their too.

"you are either playing the game (Which means maining more than one character and choosing those characters intelligently) or just proving your null point (which means maining stupid characters and complaining when you lose)"
Do I complain about losing with Link or Zelda? The G&W boards complain frequently about him. On that note: When have I complained about losing? Like vs Falco, I asked for critiques and got better:
b4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XnnoHPR2XY&feature=plcp
after
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNLuGuLmJSU&feature=plcp

"Nobody is saying you are wrong Rizen, they are saying: So what?"
You mean aside from losing Norfair/Brin/RC? Well if the majority of people want MK banned, data supports it, the stage system is being changed solely to suit MK which hurts other characters game... 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few'.

"Why are we still talking about this"
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14805153&postcount=7085

"Have you ever even played a top level MK Rizen?"
Not 'top' offline Demonic TLink and Fishb/ ait were good.
Online, Ato/ mosk, Jud/ ge, Anu/ ar, Kaz i, Ori bro, Moffia IC U, Stri/ dz, BP/ Ow, Jul/ es, Je/ bus, Gott/ en, Cro/ w and several others who placed top 32 on the ladder went MK but they don't all main him either.
I'd like to see your videos vs MK.

oh lol, just him.

But the way you said wow makes me feel bad, was it harsh? I wasn't trying to be mean it's just really annoying hearing people still complaining about MK when I watch people who don't complain **** them.

I'm just saying if they can do it why can't you?
Yeah I've posted several videos of me beating good MKs- even with lowest tiers.

Rizen, maybe he didn't want to argue with you because you explode everytime MK is mentioned.

If a character can "break" a CP system, then the system was already broken. People have been complaining about the RC/Brinstar for reasons other than MK as well. The two stages together break the system, there is no doubt about that. And don't try and tell me Norfair is fair without MK, it isn't, neither is Corneria.
It's not about MK on that point. The world is so F-ed up right now because people think slander and BS info is how to debate and end up with wrong info, s**** everyone over and repeat. To determine the best methods and deal with a situation realistically we can't play Jerry Springer in discussions.
I've had people say things about 'invisible dancing unicorns on the moon' in a 9/11 debate- no joke. If someone puts BS out- you call them on it. And never let slander/libel be gotten away with.

Falco on FD is more broken to most characters than Brin; one of the hardest MUs. FD's at least as broken as Brin or RC but we can CP Brin for Falco. You can't just cater to 1 type of character. Wario and G&W do very well on Brin. MK is the only character that has had stages banned because he was too good on them. I haven't said 1 thing about banning Falco or ICs or anyone but MK because only MK wrecks the CP system.

I like rizen I just hate how everytime mk is mentioned rizen follows with a long post full of links that are essentially excuses to why he isn't better.
See, this is the problem. I can beat MK and good people. I don't complain about losing do I? With every one of my characters I get critiques and get better.
I complain about losing Brin/RC and why a few MK players are saying I am not getting better so they can ignore hard data and the CP system argument. You complain about G&W more than I complain about my triforce tiers.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So basically what meow said I specifically didn't want to argue because you explode every time its like talking to a wall your so stuck in your ways that its like arguing with the pope over why god doesn't exist

And smiley is my hero, that post was gold <3

And I respect your opinion penta and I'm sure you have way more experience in this matchup I can live with a -1 but its not any worse than that

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I just don't get why Marth is such a pain in the *** then MK who is Marth on steroids is even?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Cause mk is floaty weights less can't kill us at 60% with a f-smash. Also marth's air range is superior to mk and up b oos kills easier for marth than mk. They aren't that similar

:phone:

Ok mk's f-smash can kill early but its laggy and can be reacted to

-LzR-

Smash Hero
GSL kills way earlier than Marths upB. Also Shuttle Loop easily kills at 60%. And his UpB beats our everything and unlike Marth doesn't always mean a free anything.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Pool 6 :

Beta
G~P
Hoejja
Milo
Myollnir
Nintenpro
Overgamer
Yami
My pool for Leon's Smash Clash (ex BBI2). Beeeeeh.... Wish me good luck guys, I'll need it. Time to rep G&W this weekend.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
GSL kills way earlier than Marths upB. Also Shuttle Loop easily kills at 60%. And his UpB beats our everything and unlike Marth doesn't always mean a free anything.
Ive never been kill by gsl under 100. I also feel as though Marth has far better kill set-ups than MK and for that reason can kill us much easier.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
GSL kills way earlier than Marths upB. Also Shuttle Loop easily kills at 60%
Lol europe must play on green greens and corneria because GSL definitely does not KO at 60% lol

Anyway they both **** us the same way but:

We have better and easier KO setups on MK

We get to punish his mistakes on a more consistent basis because MK has more openings that Gdubs is able to punish

MK has worse air speed, which allows us to fare better in the air against him

Marth has tippers and grab releases

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
My pool for Leon's Smash Clash (ex BBI2). Beeeeeh.... Wish me good luck guys, I'll need it. Time to rep G&W this weekend.
I'm not familiar with Europe so all I know from that list is you and Myollnir.

But gooooooooood luuuuuuuuck

I'll be rooting for ya =)

make it outta pools!

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Aerial Shuttle Loop has such a narrow range of DI as to essentially render it set knockback. From near the edge of the stage SL can kill at 60%. GSL kills earlier than Marth's UpB. MK doesn't need kill setups like Marth, he can very easily just play the old 1-2 game where he fakes with something then dsmashes. Or nairs. Or SLs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
All this debating has keep the social active...I hate to say it but keep it up.
Lol, first we need to review the finer points...

1 no mercy
2 the topic is under attack but personal attacks aren't acceptable unless that's the topic because of 1.
3 facts cannot be compromised.

To say I need to get better is what the paparazzi refers to as red meat. It brings a lot of attention with no real bearing. Now I can ignore it (but swiftboats often overgrow if not nipped in the bud), disprove it (coarse taken), nullify it by calling the opponent on the same issue (Smiley post replays of you playing vs MK, also taken), or mud-sling with equally stupid slanderous statement(s) (in this case the 'Tier *****' accusation: "Why don't you stop relying on a character with no bad MUs and try playing with skill").
Now the 'tier *****' defense would be putting red meat down for me; it's stupid and substance-less.
Since the 'debate' began earlier and apparently never ended, I skipped directly to what in chess would be mid-game ("you haven't addressed the facts").
The counter was a repeat mud-sling/diversion that put me on the defensive more than it should have:c.

So you see my position? I can counter repeat (facts?) or lose my position to abuse the red meat mistake. Since the red meat was a preemptive mud-sling at my skill I had little choice but to take the counter repeat:scared:.
Now in chess a stalemate counts as a draw regardless of positions, piece count etc; a similar principle applies to debates. People forget the position losses and nothing is determined. So I like to leave people with a haunting reminder out of spite ("You can't answer, you have nothing"):glare:.
Again debates don't compromise their side for diplomacy- hence the material should not be a personal attack. I cannot let up to be nice. Sadly low tiers, pro MK Bans, and progressives are often put in this awkward situation. To best determine something it must be looked at like a science. Frankly a 'debate' based on opinions (contradiction in terms, I know:ohwell:) works as well as congress, Fox, or this

(lol).
So I can't let Smiley walk away without showing himself fight MKs (which counters but accomplishes nothing in terms of progress) and let Damittom still not have acknowledged hard data. Ignoring data results in things like the USA making as much progress as we have in wars since 2001 at an expense of $1,364,931,000,000 http://costofwar.com/ and having obstructionists complain about healthcare while most other Countries laugh at us:mad:. Facts cannot be compromise for diplomacy or opinion.

Whether MK should be banned or not is not nearly that serious, lol. Nor does my personal skill have any relevance to the issue. Frankly saying I need to improve as a diversionary tactic was a dirty thing to do. I've defended my honor and can defeat that motion (challenges?). With that done, since it had no relevance to the Ban MK issue but ended up the issue, the debate is concluded.:smirk:

My closing statements: Smiley and Damittom go soak your heads:cool:. Thank you everyone; that was a lot of fun;)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I literally haven't been reading any of your posts, because i'm not debating this with you.

I'm ignoring you and saying get better.

I have never been debating anything, because I don't believe there's anything to debate. Everybody ALREADY KNOWS MK is dumb (Like I've said before)

I'm not arguing stupid **** that will get me nowhere, i'm actually trying to progress kthanks

You can keep quoting every point I make like you have been because you're arguing with nobody, because i'm not arguing back, i'm just TELLING you get better, and get over it

you don't have to listen to me, but there's a reason even with your data and graphs nobody (at least i'm not) listening to you. Because people are beating MK despite him being "broken" or (whatever the heck your argument is) with dumb characters.

I'd be down to argue something worth arguing but this isn't worth arguing because at the end of the day someone else will beat an MK and you'll just have the data that tells you, you can't.

It's so ironic because i'm actually a very statistics factual person but I put my faith in the actual results of people who have gotten better and done it.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I read Rizen's post and I remain thoroughly unconvinced of his point, mostly because I don't know what it is.
The only reason people beat MK with obscure characters is due to the fact that they are obscure. A really good player can pick a character nobody plays against and win with silly things just by knowing the MU better than the opponent does.

Top Bottom