• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
I know; you can't escape it though. Wifi sucks. I usually don't write descriptions on replays; that one I wrote 'that Dsmash'.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I had good techniques like an arrow lock, bomb chains, ledge guard and recovery Dair so I kept it for those:smirk:. The lag wasn't as bad until that point:c. Lag promotes spammyness.

Anyway, I need help with the Falco MU. I posted a video in the video thread and critiques are welcome because Falco gives me major trouble:scared:.
*looks* wow someone already posted lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
nvm, that was the most recent vid with a Link main using Link but I didn't want to get into wifi/MK talk, soooooo posting it wasn't a good idea :/

What is the Falco/G&W ratio? -2?

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
-2 what the hell

Most will probably say it's -1, although I personally feel like it's even.
BUT THAT'S JUST ME OK

BTW, regarding your Link: You have a severe lack of zair-usage. Link's zair is like his 2nd best move(dair4LYFE), you should use it more.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think both MK and Falco have an advantage over G&W, but I generally have a very negative mindset about this character.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zair gives MK a free tornado *sigh*. That wasn't submitted for critiques; it wasn't very good, just recent :/ .
MY G&W sucks vs Falco so it seems like the MU's bad because I get shutdown bad :(
Lately a few of my characters suck, I can't get their feel down. The ones that suck change too but my characters don't do well at the same time.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Don't take this the wrong way but the reason you are having trouble is because you "play" so many characters. At low and mid levels it is usually better to spend your time focusing on and trying to learn the game through one or two characters. Most top players that play a large amount of characters didn't begin to use other characters until they were already an established player. So imo the only way you're gonna become more consistent with your characters is drop a few of them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Random stuff:

G^W probably doesn't beat Falco. It's probably even or slight Falco favor. It's somewhat stage dependent, but G^W definitely does not "solidly" beat Falco.

MK also beats G^W clearly. G^W doesn't have approaches: he has reasonable stuffing options vs MK and you have to play careful IF you have to approach G^W. But cautious MK ***** G^W, and once he gets in he's not that hard of a character to frame trap or pressure.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^How's that random?

Stress and inconsistent wifail really throw off my game. Frequently being forced to play people out of my region means adjusting to different lag too much. 9 characters (PT has 3) wouldn't be as bad offline. I can do very well with 8 of them.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^How's that random?

Stress and inconsistent wifail really throw off my game. Frequently being forced to play people out of my region means adjusting to different lag too much. 9 characters (PT has 3) wouldn't be as bad offline. I can do very well with 8 of them.
Same boat as you. I hope when I actually go to a tournament next week that me playing on my laggy HD tv hasn't damaged my skill. Though right now, it's damaged my confidence.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Same boat as you. I hope when I actually go to a tournament next week that me playing on my laggy HD tv hasn't damaged my skill. Though right now, it's damaged my confidence.
^:urg:
Play friendlies before the tourney starts. Are you going PT & G&W? Good luck in advance.

IMO, learning other characters has made me a lot better. When I first tried G&W I couldn't make him work and quit but after learning PT, who was one of my worst 3 characters, G&W didn't feel so alien. Lol, characters must be learned offline 1st before they can be played on wifi.

wifi player who hasn't attended offline tourneys for a few years because chronic insomnia, life/death and bad smash region.

so I'm overly sensitive. Also each new character forum assumes all my characters are the level of the one I'm learning there :/ .

Sorry for overreacting. That's where I'm coming from.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
-2 what the hell

Most will probably say it's -1, although I personally feel like it's even.
BUT THAT'S JUST ME OK

BTW, regarding your Link: You have a severe lack of zair-usage. Link's zair is like his 2nd best move(dair4LYFE), you should use it more.
I don't believe it's even.

I think it's -1 he stuffs our **** quite well

And I think MK is -1/-2

-1 at top level like Vinnie's
-2 at mid levels and probably low levels

Considering there are so few GWs at that level we probably won't see the proof that often.

But I would LIKE Vinnie to use Gdubs more so we can actually see how a lot of matches play out at higher levels, but he only uses him against M2K and Nairo >_>

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I went into my pool at Whobo, full GW against Xyro, Ally, Delux and Shaya. I didn't make it but I am pleased with my performance. I had close matches with Shaya and Xyro, had a close match with Ally on RC.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
All those good players at Whobo. I don't think I would have made it out of pools myself if I would have gone.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thanks for the Falco help everyone. I played another Falco and did better, winning one. Falco still seems like a -2 :/ . I'll upload a replay when I get this new capture device's setting to work.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I went into my pool at Whobo, full GW against Xyro, Ally, Delux and Shaya. I didn't make it but I am pleased with my performance. I had close matches with Shaya and Xyro, had a close match with Ally on RC.
Good job! If you have replays, I want to see them. :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am kinda disappointed in how Vinnie played that :/. He normally plays much better, and he shouldn't get two stocked by a pit even though that is a pit at a skill level never seen in NA. Vinnie did no upB OoS and got caught in his shield consistently and got grabbed + got followed up off of them.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I am kinda disappointed in how Vinnie played that :/. He normally plays much better, and he shouldn't get two stocked by a pit even though that is a pit at a skill level never seen in NA. Vinnie did no upB OoS and got caught in his shield consistently and got grabbed + got followed up off of them.
This is EXACTLY how I felt. I just didn't want to spoil anything.

But yeah I don't think it said much about Gdubs as much as I think Vinnie was just outplayed, that match. He got baited into those spotdodges so hard, I think Earth did the same to M2K a lot (M2K got 5th losing to earth, twice.)

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey guys. I'm back.

Proud Bowser user...I still suck with gaw, though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Low tiers transitioning to higher characters is really difficult at first. Ganon came easily for me, the only reason I use him besides he's fun lol, but Marth, Lucario, MK and others felt weird and I was pathetic with them for a long time. It's like there's a point when you really start to grasp how to use a character then do much better. I quit G&W once because the hard transition. Once you make that step it'll be much easier to improve ;)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Higher tiers make my lower tiers so much better. After using mk exclusively for a few hours my peach is crazy lol. I just improved my autocancels and float cancelled nair so much, im gonna start using her for diddy and wario again.

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^What is the Peach/Wario MU ratio?
Playing different styles of characters is disorienting at first but once you (the player) get them down it improves your game and understanding of the overall game. Learning Zelda helped me transition to G&W and vice versa; Nair/rising Fair/Dtilt are similar. After using MK for a while my Lucario (chosen at random) was vastly improved; he was one of my worst. I still royally suck with Sonic and Olimar but can do alright with the other characters I don't main or second.
Using too many is inundating like Damittom said. You have to pace yourself and focus on 1 or 2 tops. Learning other, different characters eventually does improve your game and characters you already knew :)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Peach has an advantage against Wario. I also kinda main Peach these days. I don't care if she is bad and so on. I have the most fun in the game I've had for years when using her. She can do amazing stuff.

D

Deleted member 189823

Peach isn't bad she just can't kill. She can kill Wario really easily at liek 100%, tho. :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nah Peach is definitely not a very good character. She has awesome things going for her but her weaknesses are a little bit too much...

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like that the 'borderline tier' was made because those characters aren't high tiers but do have a borderline chance to compete. Peach belongs in the borderline tier and not high or mid tier for sure.

I can see how a good Peach could shut down Wario. I never really though about the MU.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Grab release into Up-Smash = Peach without her biggest problem: getting KOs

Peach is so much fun. My shield pressure with her is getting so good.

And Peach +1s Wario. I could do it as Gdubs but I want all this peach training to go somewhere =)

Top Bottom