• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I think what bomber means is that his friend didn't tech and got hit by jab, so it was continuous jab into a random judgement. If it was online, your friend got wifi'd. If it was offline...
lol
It was offline. Then when we started our next match, I walked up to him and hit him with a lvl 9 judgement to start the match off right. He was so mad.

@smiley- that's exactly what it looked like. Only I grabbed him first then d-throw then proceeded with that. It was hilarious.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Back, calmed down and it's best to forget the whole stupid thing.

I never use judgement. Maybe I should at low %s...
No hard feelings Rizen and I apologize if it sounded like I was demeaning what you were saying. I understand all of your points and I can understand your frustration, there's a lot of people that share the way you feel, I just don't happen to.

Anyway I got Sony Vegas again so I'm just trying to remember how to do stuff seeing as I wasn't particularly great at it in the first place. Combo vid is back on track, I just gotta find a convenient way for us to share files and stuff. I'm thinking Skype. I gotta hurry up and get one...

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Nah Judgment is overrated only good if you have a lead or are trying to style

There are always better options and anywhere judgment hits so does F-Smash which is an S-Tier move imo

but usually grabbing is better.

And I see you up there smiley and you tech chase judgments. Not saying they wont work because most people are foolish, but they shouldn't work on most characters.
Not necessarily. You can really say that because of the random nature of the move. There a quite a few situations where it theoretically could be the best option but considering that you can really predict what you're going to get it kinda doesn't matter FOR THE MOST PART.

But like, If someone had a low shield getting a 3 on it (3 or 4 whichever does the large amount of shield damage) could break the shield and leave you open for a major punish.

And using it as a low % punish is a really smart thing to do, it could put you at a substantial lead and worse case scenario you take 12% but MOST of the time you'll do SOMETHING worthwhile.

I actually specifically try to focus my play around forcing situations to use hammer. it loses me plenty of matches, but I often get compliments on how entertaining I am to watch =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcn0J7Gongc&feature=player_detailpage#t=138s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m06cjTwEzO0&feature=player_detailpage#t=70s

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The more I play G&W, the less is use Judgement. It's just not worth it unless you feel like you can afford trading a guaranteed 20% for a 1/7 chance to kill at 30% then yeah, I guess.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
The more I play G&W, the less is use Judgement. It's just not worth it unless you feel like you can afford trading a guaranteed 20% for a 1/7 chance to kill at 30% then yeah, I guess.
Don't get me wrong. Judgement isn't particularly good but I do think it's still better than Ftilt.

I like to gamble. My mom is an addict so I probably get it from her.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I just follow my gut. When I get that overwhelming feeling I'm going to get something good, I use judgement and I'm right.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Though when you try to upB oos and accidentally messup and KO with a 9. It's a weird feeling. You landed a 9 but you didn't deserve it. Happened to me at least 10 times, for real >______________>

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Though when you try to upB oos and accidentally messup and KO with a 9. It's a weird feeling. You landed a 9 but you didn't deserve it. Happened to me at least 10 times, for real >______________>
Lol I actually lost a really important match because of this some months ago. I would've caused an upset but I accidentally 9'd in the wrong direction and he wasn't shielding =(

then I got hit out of it and lost momentum

meh

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Lol I actually lost a really important match because of this some months ago. I would've caused an upset but I accidentally 9'd in the wrong direction and he wasn't shielding =(

then I got hit out of it and lost momentum

meh
Oh yeah I remember seeing that! Weren't so.. Smiley afterwards.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hammer should be more of a priority. It will add a little style to the game. Even if you lose, go down with style.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
There is no more stylish than to do a sliding bacon pan hit for the kill. That or uair wind kills. Those are the best.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
So yeah I'm probably the most inconsistent player.

Beating top players, and losing to mid-leveled players' pocket snakes/diddies.

I'm ****ing amazinggggg

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My performance at 2HOT was embarrassing. And in Finland I get top3 every other tourney and something like 10th the other tournies. **** this.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My performance in general is unpredictable. I can play at my normal average skill but then play like a pro with no mistakes in a match randomly. It pisses me off when I do that because if I can play with such skill, how come I'm unable to play like that all the time?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Can I character john?

I honestly think it's this character it seems IMPOSSIBLE to be consistent with him, well unless you're Zac

I'm sooo inconsistent, sometimes I **** people or get close to beating our good players and other times I get massacred and don't make it outta pools or something stupid, I don't understand it.

Every season finale tourney I've gotten last (or close) and upset by someone I probably shouldn't have lost to, but in the actual season do much better. I don't get it at all...

Although a lot of it has to do with how many unnecessary risks I take, I'm trying to slim down my "just cause" habits and start playing safer. I used to think it feels so much better to do something legit... which yeah it does, but it feels so much worse to lose to someone you can beat lol

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
BTW I forgot to mention, FOW told me he wants to team :D

Whenever I go to Vegas he said we're guaranteed partners

just gonna be ****ing people up, smiley style, you know

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I'm super consistent. I lose to the same people every tourney and beat the same people every tourney. Occasionally ill beat some one a little better than me or lose to someone close to my skill but no real upsets.

I think it depends on play style and I have a very boring and patient style

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
G&W is one of several characters that a player can lose focus and get spammy with or sandbag without thinking about it.

My consistency's a lot better than it was except I have a slight hand tremor that makes my thumb tap 'C' up sometimes. Wifi can murder consistency too :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm sure I'm more inconsistent. First I get 7th, then 2nd, then 9th, then 1st, then 3rd again then something like 7th again.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I don't think its really tourney placings that matter more like who are you beating/placing near. For example my last three tourneys ive gotten 3rd, 4th, and 7th. But when I got 7th there were more players and better players. However, I always place about the same place in the field and win against people I expect to beat and lose to those that are better.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The who you beat or lose to won't be mattering much anymore since I'll be using the pools only format on my next tourney. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

Rizen

Smash Legend
BTW if you're going to learn G&W,
press down to slow-fall Dair. <you read it right; I don't know why G&W's Dair is the only move in the game that slow-falls this way. Also Nair>DownB to momentum cancel, tap 'B' twice when using bacon aka chef offstage or it might buffer another bacon instead of upB (as people were talking about), Dtilt's a great quick ground spacing move and edge guarder that hits up and down a good distance too, High tiers shut game and watch down so he's not good in several common (aka high tier) MUs but IS better than mid and low tiers, if G&W saved his 2nd jump he can use it after canceling his parachute UpB- this can save him if he's grabbed from the ledge out of his upB and grab released without being pummeled (similar to Snake and Sonic but they can't jump), G&W can duck several range attacks.
Some of these thing take time to get used to but are nice features when you learn them.

Top Bottom