• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Everybody knows MK is stupid, you can either accept it and play or continue to complain until the end of time.

Just know that complaining isn't doing anything ESPECIALLY now. Turning every little thing into MK IS BROKEN just makes you seem whiny and annoying.

Just play. That's what Mekos does and he beats tyrant and gluttony, just play, man, seriously. I can't believe there's people still stuck on this ****. The fact that we are having this conversation mid 2012 is ********.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I also hate MK, but I have learned to deal with it. He isn't unbeatable, he just requires additions to the rules which sucks, but hey, he isn't going anywhere unfortunately and a victory with MK is still a deserved win like with any character.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Everybody knows MK is stupid, you can either accept it and play or continue to complain until the end of time.

Just know that complaining isn't doing anything ESPECIALLY now. Turning every little thing into MK IS BROKEN just makes you seem whiny and annoying.

Just play. That's what Mekos does and he beats tyrant and gluttony, just play, man, seriously. I can't believe there's people still stuck on this ****. The fact that we are having this conversation mid 2012 is ********.
Are you trying to **** me off?!
Cool story bro, when there is actual DATA of this being successful with anyone but Lucario lemme know, because this has been an effective strat since 2008 and seeing as nobody has ever done this successfully against other top players or even attempted to with another character (because it wouldn't work) it's safe to conclude that people are just smart enough to know that

People were doing this long before MK's planking became relevant. With Wario+Lucario teams

I swear, ya'll will blame MK for EVERYTHING. How about we just get better. Vinnie did.
When actual data comes up you crumble and then act like the conversation you started by acting like I don't know what I'm talking about and acting like I'm a scrub who can't deal with MK, is '********'.
What the hell is wrong with you?! I'm so ****ing sick of spineless flatworms wrecking things for everyone then running away when they're called on having no argument and insulting people because they have no other defense:mad:!

If I talk anymore I'll probably end up regretting it, this is ****ing me off so much. I'm gone for a while.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I have played tons of good MKs. The fact that you are assuming that I haven't just because I pointed out his flaws is just plainly wrong. You say that those who support MK act like they own the game. Isn't that exactly what you are doing right now?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Are you trying to **** me off?!

When actual data comes up you crumble and then act like the conversation you started by acting like I don't know what I'm talking about and acting like I'm a scrub who can't deal with MK, is '********'.
What the hell is wrong with you?! I'm so ****ing sick of spineless flatworms wrecking things for everyone then running away when they're called on having no argument and insulting people because they have no other defense:mad:!

If I talk anymore I'll probably end up regretting it, this is ****ing me off so much. I'm gone for a while.
Lol because you think youre the only person that reads the data everybody knows everything youve been saying. I always have a tab ooen on this site. I read the data too. None of his is new youre just the only one complaining about it at still THATS what im saying. Weve all just accepted it and played youre still complaining about MK after top mks just lost to freaking lucas. Get better dude. Just accept that MK is good and get better I just saw m2k lose to a japanese SAMUS on stream. He got better. Just get better and blame yourself THATS what makes you better, bro. Even if you get lamed by mk, youre using bad characters what do you expect?

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
MK is broken.

/discussion.

:123:
So?

ITT let's post the same thing over and over again

seriously, who cares?

Edit: Basically what i'm saying is. MK is good (not broken). Regardless why keep complaining about something that's not going to change. Why is this discussion taking precedence over getting better personally or focusing on GW, or even talking about something random like the new batman movie. MK MK MK for 4 years now, we know everything, we know he's gay, we know he planks but none of that is going to change.

ON THE OTHER HAND we can discuss things that CAN change like GW's metagame (inb4jokesaboutGW'smetagame)

This is all i'm saying. you can complain about MK ALL DAY it won't change a thing. and it's just stale convo since it's been discussed into the ground for years already.

everything being said has been said before. NOW we can focus on our character and make him BETTER because that can actually, possibly change.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Smiley, watch out, you're starting to sound like me. :awesome:

Sliding B-Reversed Bacon platform walling as amazing. The bacon goes on the platform above and you go below with the pan hitbox.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Smiley, watch out, you're starting to sound like me. :awesome:

Sliding B-Reversed Bacon platform walling as amazing. The bacon goes on the platform above and you go below with the pan hitbox.
I was actually gonna mention you actually.

I hate how this board is even MORE dead now that we don't just talk about random stuff. This being a SOCIAL thread and all.

the only difference between then and now is now we have 4 bad matchup threads, too. (Bad as in bad matchups, not bad themselves)

But it's still as empty as ever. Let's be honest, there isn't much to discuss about Gdubs, anybody bought any new games recently or something?

I got a new 1080i capture card and it's awesome. I got it mainly for my PS3 games but it makes my brawl vids look a bit better too =)

D

Deleted member 189823

ITT: Still complaining about MK

just play the ****ing game, if you're only using triforce tier characters it's your fault. This game is not balanced and you know it. Instead of playing it in an intelligent way and balancing more than a bunch of bad characters you yell and complain at everyone else for using good characters. If you don't like it, oh well, stop playing. That's what wins you matches. Reflex and FOW are perfect examples of low tier mains who understand the game enough ti become top players while still balancing a bad character.

You've already lost with your self-defeating mindset. Just play, dude.
I main two Low tier characters and use other two Bottom tier characters seriously and I've never complained about MK.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh you play bad characters and don't complain about MK?
You must be so awesome.
"Insert Willy Wonka meme here"

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
We have more than 4 matchup threads >.< we have like.. 6

its just as the tiering gets lower so does the experience against them. Lolfalco being just LzR with adequate experience and knowledge.

But anywho.. Ive been getting back into runescape, and im addicted to lol as well. I dont know what it is about runescape.. I just cant ever leave it. I also finally bought a tv from goodwill. Video inputs are bad, but it works well enough.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
We have more than 4 matchup threads >.< we have like.. 6

its just as the tiering gets lower so does the experience against them. Lolfalco being just LzR with adequate experience and knowledge.

But anywho.. Ive been getting back into runescape, and im addicted to lol as well. I dont know what it is about runescape.. I just cant ever leave it. I also finally bought a tv from goodwill. Video inputs are bad, but it works well enough.
Yeah I can understand though, those games are designed to be addictive. When I was in tech school about a year and a half ago me and my friends were trying to "bring back runescape" (I had never played it that hard though, but I had a level 30 character or something.) We made new characters (some used their old ones) and we got like almost 20 people playing again but most of us dropped it after like a week I think we readdicted like 3 guys though and they kept playing.

@Swei: Yeah seriously, I mean what's the point. I mean everyone has the right to complain obviously but there's a point when you just gotta be like: OK, i'm playing this game, MK is there. He IS beatable, it's done daily. There's really no johns to make except just getting better and... DOING it. You know he's a threat to your tournament survival so it's just another matchup to learn. MK beats a lot of character but most of those characters have equally as hard matchups somewhere else ANYWAY so I just look at it like: Ok, if I just learn one character to fight MK with really well I can use them instead of trying to balance like 50 different counterpick characters for 50 different matchups. Which for me happens to be Gdubs. Honestly I keep seeing all these dumb random characters beating Top MKs like Lucas, Lucario, Pikachu, Samus, Gdubs, and i'm like: This player did it. I don't really have any excuse I just gotta get better, I just gotta learn the matchup, I just gotta (as corny as it sounds) believe it's possible.

I've also picked up MK myself. He helps with my buffering, spacing, and overall play. Things I learn with him trickles down into my other character.

He's hard but you're also competing so if the MK wants it more than you (Which he probably does, since he's using MK) he's gonna win. Make yourself want it more.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
**** Runescape. Just **** it. I don't even know why it's fun. ****ing **** ffs. Don't get back to it >_> Moar Brawlllllll. And there is no reason to talk about how broken MK is.

Let's do this instead: G&W is middletier.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Hell no. 2006 is overrated. Not like it's currently any better, but I didn't find 2006 anything special.

D

Deleted member 189823

Mk definitely is not bannable. He has low air speed, is light, and has no projectile. He is strong, and the best (although Ics are approaching his level) but he does not need to be banned.
MK is pretty weak, to be honest. Bowser is pretty strong, though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
But good vs MK

:)
I like that. :D

Also I just want to know how legitimate this is, it's something I pulled off that makes it situational but not sure if pulled off right can actually be viable. So here it goes. I was playing around with game n watch yesterday against my friend who plays gannon. I d-threw him into my neutral A, hit him with that a couple of times and then finished him off with a lvl 9 hammer. After that, he was just able to dodge roll before I could hit him with my hammer.

So let's assume the hammer were to hit at lvl 9 every time. Do you think it would be able to be used on other characters? I know it won't work on gannon because he can just dodge roll out of it, but I'm just wondering if it would work on other characters. It was just as big of a surprise to me as it was to my friend who fell victim to it. Any thoughts?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I'm confused at what your asking? but im gonna assume you wanted to techchase with a Judgment. Very few characters can actually be hit by judgment if they techroll properly and due to the fact that the 9 Judgment has a significantly smaller hit box even fewer characters can be hit by that. afaik it works on MK and Pikachu, but I don't know about other characters. Over all there are more reliable and advantageous options.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm confused at what your asking? but im gonna assume you wanted to techchase with a Judgment. Very few characters can actually be hit by judgment if they techroll properly and do to the fact that the 9 Judgment has a significantly smaller hit box even fewer characters can be hit by that. afaik it works on MK and Pikachu, but I don't know about other characters. Over all there are more reliable and advantageous options options
So does it matter if you are using neutral A to hold them in place or not, judgement still won't work against most characters? Because while I had my friend caught in neutral A I saw an opening to use it, I just got lucky with a lvl 9 judgement (although my gut feeling told me I'd get it). Sorry if my question was confusing.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
You mean hitting Ganon in hit stun. Well there would be 9 frames of ending lag on N-air and 15 frames of start-up on Judgment so 34 frames total. Ganon's Spot dodge comes out on frame 2 and Roll comes out on frame 4. So unless there is 30-32 frames of hit stun, which im sure there is not. It would not be guaranteed. Even if he was not frame perfect he should have ample time to react as should all other characters

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You mean hitting Ganon in hit stun. Well there would be 9 frames of ending lag on N-air and 15 frames of start-up on Judgment so 34 frames total. Ganon's Spot dodge comes out on frame 2 and Roll comes out on frame 4. So unless there is 30-32 frames of hit stun, which im sure there is not. It would not be guaranteed. Even if he was not frame perfect he should have ample time to react as should all other characters
Ah. I guess it really was just a really lucky combo. I wish the match would have been short enough to record normally. I think you can record at 3 minutes tops? I fell at 3:09. :c

Any of you guys play wifi? I know sometimes it's not the best for real practice, but just to mess around for fun.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm confused at what your asking? but im gonna assume you wanted to techchase with a Judgment. Very few characters can actually be hit by judgment if they techroll properly and due to the fact that the 9 Judgment has a significantly smaller hit box even fewer characters can be hit by that. afaik it works on MK and Pikachu, but I don't know about other characters. Over all there are more reliable and advantageous options.
I tech chase with hammer =)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's actually kinda sad that in fact, MK is actually stronger than Bowser. Bowser is so goddamn weak for a superheavyweight.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I think what bomber means is that his friend didn't tech and got hit by jab, so it was continuous jab into a random judgement. If it was online, your friend got wifi'd. If it was offline...
lol

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I think what bomber means is that his friend didn't tech and got hit by jab, so it was continuous jab into a random judgement. If it was online, your friend got wifi'd. If it was offline...
lol
I actually like jab into judgement. It's nothing to rely on but it's hilarious when it happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUVn1bZLqhI&feature=player_detailpage#t=101s

Generally the person is mashing or DI'ing out of it so hard they buffer something stupid and laggy and get hit lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Back, calmed down and it's best to forget the whole stupid thing.

I never use judgement. Maybe I should at low %s...

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Nah Judgment is overrated only good if you have a lead or are trying to style

There are always better options and anywhere judgment hits so does F-Smash which is an S-Tier move imo

but usually grabbing is better.

And I see you up there smiley and you tech chase judgments. Not saying they wont work because most people are foolish, but they shouldn't work on most characters.

Top Bottom