• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Shaq

BRoomer
BRoomer
I see the Canadian education system has failed your comprehension skills.

:yeahboi:

EDIT; I love how we've been **** talking each other for the past month across like 4 threads now lmao.

You rockin mah likeness? Dat gonna cost you hunni thousand dolla n****!

Mah neezy G to tha Weezy, Shaq be representin' dawgs!

Rizen

Smash Legend
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
agree, lol.

Edit:
Qs
Is it possible for a really good G&W to Uair freefalling characters repeatedly until they're forced kill themselves off the side border because the simply can't land/ledge grab? Which character(s) (if any) could this work on? Would that (if it works) be considered stalling?

Patches

Smash Master
You dont have to kill them off the side, just uair them until they're far enough, then you grab the edge.

And it can work on any character, lol. and no, its not stalling.

Kantrip

Kantplay
But...

that's impossible! The only explanation is that you're not really a Game&Watch!

You're... you're a kirby!

Rizen

Smash Legend
You dont have to kill them off the side, just uair them until they're far enough, then you grab the edge.

And it can work on any character, lol. and no, its not stalling.
So that means if G&W can catch a free falling character with Uair, he can repeat on most stages and take a stock if he has the lead?!
Except for characters who can't freefall, of course (G&W, Jiggs, Yoshi, Sonic, Snake).

My computer's crashing. Probable will post less.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Only if they shieldbreak. Otherwise they can still control their movement and can simply hold opposite of the way they are going and boom you get a smash or a nair.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Word to Smiley face:

If they were a serious couple I would wait a good while before throwing out any punishable moves.

Stick to jab attacks strictly for now, unless they were just a fling couple and she is into you, in which case you can get away with throwing out full jump d-airs and f-smashes.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Maybe see if you can sneak in a couple of pivot grabs in there too. Our grab game can be very effective if utilized well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How much does DDD weigh.
1. Bowser (120)
2. Donkey Kong (116)
3. Snake (113)
4. King Dedede (112)
5. Charizard (110)
6. Ganondorf (109)
7. Samus (108)
8. Wario (107)
8. Yoshi (107)
10. R.O.B. (106)
11. Ike (105)
12. Captain Falcon (104)
12. Link (104)
14. Wolf (102)
15. Ivysaur (100)
15. Lucario (100)
17. Mario (98)
18. Luigi (97)
19. Sonic (95)
20. Lucas (94)
20. Ness (94)
20. Pit (94)
23. Diddy Kong (93)
24. Ice Climbers (92)
24. Toon Link (92)
26. Peach (90)
27. Marth (87)
28. Sheik (85)
28. Zelda (85)
30. Falco (82)
30. Olimar (82)
32. Zero Suit Samus (81)
33. Fox (80)
34. Meta Knight (79)
34. Pikachu (79)
36. Kirby (78)
37. Mr. Game & Watch (75)
37. Squirtle (75)
39. Jigglypuff (68)

(Ripped-off from the Peach guide :smirk:)

Edit: ****! Snake weighs more than DDD! Snake should be 104 or 105 tops.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Those bowser matches were sick in a good way

The gnw was sick in a rusty way.

Game 2 was yours to win. I was hyped.

This made me understand more about the game, and I thank you for that. It showed me the significance of zoning.

D

Deleted member 189823

Thank you.

Despite consciously messing up the Bowser matches (seriously, what Bowser goes for MK offstage?), I have no regrets. I think I did well in those. In the first match...well, I haven't been practicing with gaw, and I'm relatively new to that MU. :/

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Guys. I suck at DI, but I feel like I suck at DI even worse when it comes to GW.

The reason being that I have trained myself to as soon as I get struck, spam neutral-A and then bucket. If I spam a direction after I get hit I feel like I end up doing a b-air or f-air or something else.

So I guess I have a couple questions:

Is n-air the absolute best (quickest) option in order to get to my bucket?

Do I have to choose between good DI or getting my bucket out as quickly as possible or can you do both at any time and I'm just not good enough?

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just came back to tell you that I split for 1st in doubles at a huge WC regional/national this weekend. I teamed with Tyrant. and we beat Rich and DEHF and Zex and Sky

My G&W is comin back baby.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Guys. I suck at DI, but I feel like I suck at DI even worse when it comes to GW.

The reason being that I have trained myself to as soon as I get struck, spam neutral-A and then bucket. If I spam a direction after I get hit I feel like I end up doing a b-air or f-air or something else.

So I guess I have a couple questions:

Is n-air the absolute best (quickest) option in order to get to my bucket?

Do I have to choose between good DI or getting my bucket out as quickly as possible or can you do both at any time and I'm just not good enough?
No, theoretically, you're supposed to DI the hit, then Nair, then DI again and Bucket. But that's kinda hard. What I do is DI and Uair. then bucket brake. U air is only 4 frames slower than Nair so it doesn't make much difference ultimately.

Top Bottom