• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So LzR, I found that Skinutski actually has a SWF account.

But he's only posted 3 times lmao. I left him a message, I wanna see if he replies. I see his English is solid.

Anyway...

What's up :gw:s? :)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Tournament tomorrow, it's our power ranking decision. I'm hoping to get on there, but I don't feel it this time. I'm gonna go hard, and possibly better than I ever have, which btw if I do, thank you Swei (or whatever you like being called I don't know what to call you :awesome:)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So LzR, I found that Skinutski actually has a SWF account.

But he's only posted 3 times lmao. I left him a message, I wanna see if he replies. I see his English is solid.

Anyway...

What's up :gw:s? :)
I don't think he will reply just because he doesn't give a ****, but gl. Also you never appeared oo Skype...

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I just did hella bad at a tourney =/

But yeah whatever is whatever. Looks like I gotta keep playing to redeem myself nest season

Ugh

Just let me quit!

Btw apparently I did really good in dubs today. I dunno, I was too busy playing and **** -talking. Ill post em' here for critique when they get uploaded

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't think he will reply just because he doesn't give a ****, but gl. Also you never appeared oo Skype...

He sent me a PM back actually. I can see he's not too pleased with his performance at 2HOT. I'm trying to help him get motivated again.

Also, I rarely appear on Skype unless you ask me too lol. Just shoot me a PM or VM and I'll make my appearance.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So he did reply back? That's good. It's actually hard to motivate him after such a loss. I would be really really mad too if that had happened to me. I don't think he is gonna attend a tournament anytime soon.

ZTD | TECHnology

He actually posted in the D3 boards for the first time today lol. I can tell he still has an interest but he has to get over his crushing defeat to Eddy. MK is bull**** for D3. Its extremely hard. But he can do it. I'm trying to convince him of that. I don't wanna see Europe's like only D3 quit.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah I also believe in his abilities. He absolutely destroys my ICies and MK when I play against him even though the MUs are absolute bull****. He is still the best player in Finland, he proved it again. He just told me he is gonna take a long break, but that must have had something to do with the after tourney salt. His Snake is actually amazing, he should really learn to play him and use against bull**** like MK, but he said he wants to play Dedede.
I don't think there is a G&W in Europe who stands a chance against him >_>

ZTD | TECHnology

Lol he's got a lot a pride! He's very much like me in those regards. In theory, I should use of my other secondaries vs MK and other tough MUs but I'm very stubborn and just wanna go Dedede as well. This is why I know I can help him if he let's me.

Ughhhhh I wanna go to a Europe major so bad!!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well I am gonna start hosting **** again, but they won't be worth it for foreigners until I find a bigger and better venue.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The fact that you used the words ****ty and "worth it" invalidate your statement. :awesome:.

Come to America!
lol
Lol he's got a lot a pride! He's very much like me in those regards. In theory, I should use of my other secondaries vs MK and other tough MUs but I'm very stubborn and just wanna go Dedede as well. This is why I know I can help him if he let's me.
I (still) do ^this with Link:ohwell:.
You (the player) have to force yourself to use all your characters for them to be good enough to fall back on. In friendlies I usually play 2 games with each character and rotate until I've used everyone. In the winter ladder I intentionally used my weaker characters for the learning experience.
Good Jigglys could beat my G&W because I didn't know the MU. It's surprising how 'easy MU' characters can destroy the unprepared. Well rounded experience helps the character you're using all around too, even with other MUs.
Last ladder I was only good with Link and Zelda, now my G&W/Wolf/Ganon/PT are legit through trial and error. Ironically my MK is scrub city, worse than my Jiggz and most characters I don't normally play, so I might learn him to better understand glide/sharking/wall of pain dynamics.

I'm rambling, lol. tl;dr you have to leave your comfort zone to ultimately get better and have better characters for different MUs.

ZTD | TECHnology

I feel like at my level of play secondaries are not going to cut it right now. I simply do not have enough time to devote to more than one character at a time seriously. Getting a 2nd to high level play takes so much work. If I weren't in school full time and working full time,it'd be different. But with little free time I have....id rather spend it on the character I'm good with.

Ill just use the others for friendlies and doubles. I've been performin better than I ever have off solo D3 in singles (:gw: gets used in dubs though ;) ). And that's inspite of the myriad of bad MUs he has.I placed 2nd this weekend at an MI event in All Pools format. It was fun..except the last pool was me an ICs and 4 Diddys lmao. I lost Game 3 to one of the Diddys (ranked 1st in MI) so I did well. I almost timed out everyone though. I singlehandedly added an additional 2 hours to the event because I had to play incredibly gay to win lol

I just hate I feel "locked in" with D3 because of my insane schedule.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have the opposite. I have nothing to do but I just can't get a single character to high level because I'm bad.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
My state's PR was announced today and I am salty as hell. Especially after the last tournament, where I felt that I did so well. Time to get myself back on there. Hopefully I can get on it next season.

D

Deleted member 189823

Our PR is based on points. Think of it, not really much skill involved.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Ours is panelist based.

Oh amd Swei, you let me take a game off of Stevo (#1 NA Mario)
Yeah. Stevo ****ed me up hella hard with that. I haven't played his Mario with GW in over a year. I went in with a gameplan on fighting DK and when he picked Mario I didn't know what to do lol.

Inb4wtfyoulosetoamario?

Stevo is really good. I shoulda won second game but my Shuttle Loop transformed into a side-b and I suicided *shrug*

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
G&W zones Mario so hard, I don't know why you'd opt to put on the mask instead.
Stevo is REALLY good, again.

Skill>Tiers

I'm more afraid of his Mario than any metaknight we have here.

Besides he never uses mario against me and he's also #1 Mario

Edit: Oh why i went MK when GW does fine? It's easier to win matchups you don't know with MK than GW. My Gdubs got 2 stocked but I probably would've won the match with MK (except the suicide) and the same amount of matchup knowledge. He normally goes DK versus me.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Swei, your video showed me tye theory of zoning and how important it is to use. It was just one hit, but I learned a lot from it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Bair>Jab>Grab

lol cool

Also Vinnie why don't you ever bucket stall? Is it not viable at top level play? Seems to me like using it to mixup recoverys would work. Or avoid frametraps/landings sorta how Fox does with his reflector

Good stuff, though, I enjoyed those matches, learned some stuff

Top Bottom