• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Saw ICs. Cute. Maybe 2nd, no way 1st. MK too good.

Only problem with GnW is he's so telegraphed. I definitely believe that he can go higher on the tier, but 10th so quickly is a bit of a stretch.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but if you aerial the turnips then you essentially wasted the hitbox and then they are free to float on over and f-air you to death.. :(

Which is why I can hardly land anything but a sour-spotted f-air half the time.

I'll have to try positioning myself on the higher ground like you said, Rizen. I actually got super frustrated and decided to do nothing but up-b and it worked really well, it felt so trolly though. Lol... too bad it only does 6% and has virtually no knockback.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Guys. :( I've been fighting a Peach lately and I just cannot win.

He says the MU is in our favor but I just don't believe it. Turnips wreck all my approaches and ruin grab attempts. Floating ****s up my spacing and she has better air control.

What am I missing?
Very Slightly in our favor possibly. Also possibly even.

Turnips are dumb, start catching them. Catch>instathrow, or catch with an aerial. Peach is hard until you learn the matchup. That laglessness.

Speaking of peach this is irrelevant to GW but awesome: watch Kyle put the hurt on Z the pika main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDetRw3cZ9M

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
And I can give you Peach advice Dex, I actually have some fairly recent matches with Kyle from a round robin, that i need to upload, he beats me, but you can watch the way i play against peach and POSSIBLY learn a few things about the matchup

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I think :gw: vs :metaknight: at the tippy top level of play is 55:45 for MK. That's my opinion though.

At lower levels I think its about 60:40 MK overall.

I really enjoy the MU tbh.

ZTD | TECHnology

I can't wait for my tournament this weekend.

I feel like I've made a connection with this character in the past few weeks and that my understanding and control of the character have skyrocketed as a result. It feels weird saying this about a character I have never played in tournament but:

I am ready to take names and pass Judgment on some *****es this weekend.

:gw:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Now Sis...

What am I supposed to do with this post?

I don't use GnW as he is a flop character and Tech was to scared to MM me.

Nothing I can say about this one.
>main Zelda
>I don't use GnW as he is a flop character

*sigh*

just... nevermind, you can go away again

D

Deleted member 189823

I think :gw: vs :metaknight: at the tippy top level of play is 55:45 for MK. That's my opinion though.

At lower levels I think its about 60:40 MK overall.

I really enjoy the MU tbh.
But I recall someone with experience saying that a if a MK player knows the gaw-MK MU perfectly, it's 30:70 in MK's favor.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I think pikachu is +2 for us...and ZSS might be even... I haven't had any issues with MK really. Except when I played Tyrant...and Darklink.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
We dont have any other good mks omni besides bryce and shawn but shawn doesnt use his mk unless hes salty hahha. How do you do against them?

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

But I recall someone with experience saying that a if a MK player knows the gaw-MK MU perfectly, it's 30:70 in MK's favor.
Maybe in 2008...lol.

I'm telling you that :gw: has a much better MU than most of the other characters around his placement in the tier list against :metaknight:. Most of the other characters that do better or as well are in top tier. That MU is NOT that bad. It just requires a very strong grasp of how to actually play your character.

ZTD | TECHnology

Midlevel MKs are easy to wreck with ICs.

Higher level ones though...it gets gay. I hate that MU. Id rather use :dedede:...lmao.

Unless you can CP to FD or something, I would use :gw: instead of :popo: against :metaknight:.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Heru is different than other MKs here. He plays incredibly safe and it makes it harder for ICs to do ****. The others play a completely opposite style of trying to overpower me with a safe rushdown tactic. I lose to both. I feel like the ICs vs MK MU is hopeless.
And I refuse to ditto at all costs. I will rather lose than fight a ditto. A ditto is terrible.

D

Deleted member 189823

Maybe in 2008...lol.

I'm telling you that :gw: has a much better MU than most of the other characters around his placement in the tier list against :metaknight:. Most of the other characters that do better or as well are in top tier. That MU is NOT that bad. It just requires a very strong grasp of how to actually play your character.
No, it was rather recent. =/ Back in 2008, it was more likely to be closer to Even because people didn't know how to counter gaw very well back then.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
We dont have any other good mks omni besides bryce and shawn but shawn doesnt use his mk unless hes salty hahha. How do you do against them?

:phone:
The last set I played against Bryce I 2-0ed him. That was like...the day before the last tourney. I've never played Shawn except for once two years ago when he used Link...haha.

Edit: Gah, you can't call me Omni for short. You see, in my name, the "i" is before the "n". So if you're going to shorten my name have it be like...Omin, Omi, or my tag Omino, or call me by my name, since I prefer that. Which is Jordan, in case you didn't know.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I like playing Bryce's MK, he beats more most of the time though. He plays too safe to pull off really janky stuff, which is what I wanna do.

I take a lot of unnecessary risks but I don't really care, if I wanted to do boring safe stuff i'd just use Olimar. I'm tryna style on people, feel me?

ZTD | TECHnology

I see the Canadian education system has failed your comprehension skills.

:yeahboi:

EDIT; I love how we've been **** talking each other for the past month across like 4 threads now lmao.

Patches

Smash Master
lmfao, never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed.

:denzel:

not even gonna lie. first thing I do when I see you this weekend is give you a massive hug. <3

Rizen

Smash Legend
lmfao, never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed.
For me to use that nature of remark risks compromising key focuses of a greater design. (/this is how I troll)
I'm best with Wolf vs MK but G&W is a lifesaver on certain stages. IMO the MU is 6/4 MK because his stupid fast attack speed.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
And I can give you Peach advice Dex, I actually have some fairly recent matches with Kyle from a round robin, that i need to upload, he beats me, but you can watch the way i play against peach and POSSIBLY learn a few things about the matchup
Yeah I'd appreciate that man. I've been working on catching the turnips but I feel so salty that I HAVE to catch items while playing against someone.

Characters with items are my hardest MU's for sure.

I would rather play against Marth than Wario. That stupid ****ing bike, it never goes away.

I think this guy DAS is just a far superior player all around compared to me. I need to learn to play a lot safer.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You can't do anything laggy vs Peach because she is really good at punishing, do to her speed and lingering hitboxes in Dair and Bair in addition to her float mobility.

D

Deleted member 189823

I see the Canadian education system has failed your comprehension skills.

:yeahboi:

EDIT; I love how we've been **** talking each other for the past month across like 4 threads now lmao.
Now, now, no need to insult the superior education system. (? :awesome:

Happyface when are you going to start secondary'ing Bowser.

Top Bottom