• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Army 2: The Comeback

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K so I checked out the map and there aren't enough places as is but we could add more in with photo shop if there are 37 people/ clans to choose from and 34 spaces already on the map
How many spaces do we want? I say about 45-50ish sounds good.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Well who says every character has to be involved in it? It would actually make things easier if not everyone were in on this.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya i just sent every clan I could find a message about it and most characters don't even have a clan so it will be a smaller turn out then I was thinking I don't think ill need to make more places now. Also there are 2 pika clans we let them both in or just 1?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I alerted the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom (toon link clan). And about deciding which Pika clan to invite, I think you should alert both of them and whoever responds first will get the spot.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Good idea but I can't participate:(. Why do you've to live all in America:(:(:(
You can be our cheerleader then and you could still help with stratagy this would take a few weeks to go through the hole thing if we let every clan make 3-5 moves a week.

also is any1 good with photo shop i suck with it I could send you what I have then you do the rest to fix it up how we want it?

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
hmm how is this clan battle think going to work so say we want to take over another clans spot what do we do ?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
-Woot Im getting a clan vid up from the turrny so people can finally see me play. Not my best fight the guy I was against is like 3rd in state.

-Undr I would love to take some classes, but I work every fday so if its cool with you sday training?

-Also this is just an idea I had an idea and pm'ed it to gimpy some time ago, but he didn't send anything back. Any way I want to through this out there but would require some work but I think if would be worth it.

It works much like the game Planet side if you ever played it if not heres how it goes.

We take a pix of the subspace map photo shop it so every clan has a different "home base" and put some lines "paths" between the markers (you can only attack a "territory" that is on a path which connects to one that you control, then try to take "territories" from other clans.

Every clan has some where that would suit there guy (such as we would have skyworld but say mario who has many would pick 1) when attacking a place controlled by another team deffending team picks the stage, but if attacking team wins they get the "territory". To get more stages you take a teams "home base" and get the stage that goes with it, but you aren't eliminated until you have no places left.

This way having allies and enemies would make more of a difference. Allies could work together to surround enemy clans.

Also there would be some neutral places that would need to be taken by clans that have paths that lead to it.

-Rules:
~The photo would be updated every week or so and every clan would have a copy of it.
~Clans would but half the members (this may require a cap on clan size) of offense and half on defense only offense can attack and only defense can defend (duh). As many offense players can attack 1 place as wanted but same with defense. Ex. 3 offensive pits attack a place controlled by a toon link clan with 1 person defending that spot each pit would take them on 1 at a time or do a teams battle. (This part might need to be changed)
~Honor code would need to be in place because teams would need to be talking ideas in there respective threads so no looking at others first page where plans and what not would be put by clan leaders.
~There might be more problems so let me know if you see any and we can fix it.
~Rewards: Bragging rights, if the mods would do somthing for the winners clan that would be cool too but I don't know about that.

-What do you guys think? I know that this could be hard, but I think this could be a better way to have clan things instead of just playing each other and practice with allied clans. If you guys think this is good enough to work I'll ask the other clan leaders to PM me so I can send them this and they can talk it over with there clans and get back to me.
There's your answer, kotahlicious.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Not to sure on all the details, (this is all off the top of my head) but if we had 24 people in our clan (easier number to work with) half on offense split that into 4 parties (so 3 pits in each party) party 1 attacks one place and party 2 attacks another same with 3. Say party 1 attacks a metaknight owned place and do a miny crew of 3v3. something like that I guess. Then both teams pm me (I say me because it looks like im the head organizer in getting this thing put together) who won. I change the map once a week to match what has happened with the clans. That part of the reason I want only 3 is moves per team per week.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
So far we have 12 wi-fi enabled members. That's 2 3-man offensive parties and 2 3-man defensive parties from the start. I guess it would work out so that each member of an offensive party would challenge one member of an opposing defensive party. Each of the 3 pairs would battle and whichever side wins best out of those 3 battles wins the "campaign". If a party decides to attack a territory, it becomes offensive, and if a party is attacked it becomes defensive. If you are a defensive party and are victorious, all that happens is that the offensive side does not take the territory. They can also not attack that specific territory again until they have gone through an entire campaign in another area. Each PARTY, but not necessarily each CLAN, can only attack/defend one territory at a time. The war can end in 2 ways: 1) One clan/alliance dominates the entire map; or 2) All but one clan/alliance withdraws. Allies cannot attack each other; a clan that attempts to attack an ally will be DQed. Because of the best-of-3 system, the number of participants from each group must be divisible by 3. If this is not the case for any clan, that clan must exclude as many people as required to make their number of participants divisible by 3 (e.g. a 40-member clan must exclude 1 member). One member of each party will be appointed party leader and will report to their clan leader the results of each campaign. The clan leaders will then send the info to CorruptFate and CorruptFate will adjust our map accordingly, as will the leaders of other clans.

Those are all the rules I have thought of as of now. I know it sounds complex, but it will be worth it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Nice job I was starting to feel over whelmed ya that works remember who is on d gets to pick the stage and you can only pick from stages that you control.

-You get more stages by taking control of other "home bases" and some stages (ex. FD) that know one really owns will be picked from controlling spaces that know one starts with you have to explore to go get them.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I can try with the photoshop. I am ok at Gimp. Also, do we get a cool sig? I've been wanting one like Fate's or sage's :)

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Sesshomuronay, yes, we are essentially starting a clan war. I'll ask Leonheart to organize us into parties. Of course, non-wifi-enabled members such as myself cannot participate in the actual battling, but everyone else can. CorruptFate and I are pretty much organizing this.

Kupo, if you or anyone else wants to make some Palutena's Army banners, that should be fine. Remember to give them to Leonheart so he can post the codes in the first post and we can all use them.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
CorruptFate, you managed is 1 week what my old clan didn't manage in months!!! Send me the clans that want to join the "War" and I'll figure out where they go best. We also don't want to have too many advantages on placement. I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help out as much as I can even though I don't have WiFi...

As for the sig, I might get PhotoShop, so I could manage that stuff. We'll see.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, if you or anyone else wants to make some Palutena's Army banners, that should be fine. Remember to give them to Leonheart so he can post the codes in the first post and we can all use them.
Yea about that.. I'm not very good at art. How did those people do it? Did they just do a montage of pictures stacked together?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I don't know how to either, but I'm saying that if anyone does it would be a real help if they could make some banners for us.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
CorruptFate, you managed is 1 week what my old clan didn't manage in months!!! Send me the clans that want to join the "War" and I'll figure out where they go best. We also don't want to have too many advantages on placement. I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help out as much as I can even though I don't have WiFi...

As for the sig, I might get PhotoShop, so I could manage that stuff. We'll see.
I was just about to PM you asking you to organize our wi-fi enabled members into 4 parties of 3. After that, you should assign 2 of them to protect the territory we start with, and once the war starts you can choose which territories the 2 offensive parties should attack. I feel we should leave things like supreme authority of our forces up to you, seeing as you're the first Marshall and all.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
I got a good idea about this clan war thing. For example, if each clan had 1 territory, if they los it right off the bat, that is kind of unfair. Everyone should have three or so territories. Like Risk.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
If the clan is going to war, I'll join. I can give training matches also.

1. Rhy
2. Green
3. Michigan
4. I'll have to look at them first.

5. <---

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ill try to make one for myself, so we will see how that goes.

Leonhart: Do you think it would be a good idea to put in the OP which other clans are our friends? Like Link is the only one at the moment.

I would also recommend that we only stick with a few clans allies. As much as I would like to be allies with everyone, I think it would defeat the purpose if every clan was allies with each other. This way the competition stays. Thoughts?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Technically alliances would share all their territories, so as long as a clan has allies, it has more than one territory. I know we're allies with the Twilight Heroes, and I was considering requesting the establishment of an alliance with the invited R.O.B. clan (whose name escapes me at the moment). That would give us Skyworld, the Isle of Ancients, and whatever territory the Twilight Heroes begin with.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
In that case everyone should establish at least one alliance before the war starts. There's no rush, we've got at least all summer.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
I think that an ally list on the first post is good. I'll update the member list now.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I freaking Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so bad a*s I've been on all day and you guys post like a page and a half about this is like 10 min! HaHa

-K on the sig I could talk to my friend about making one she made mine and I love this thing to tinny bits. That being said I wove you guys and the pit commuity but I think I wanta keep my sig I have a crew that I kind of 2nd incharge of.

-I don't think that clans should be able to use allies paths because it would make it to easy to attack and whip out other clans.

-Also I agree that people should start with 1 or 2 places and clans wont be next to each other so people wont be whipped out right at the start.

-Yes I suck at English so things are spelled wrong and I don't care enough to google it to see how its spelled.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I'm not saying we can use our allies' paths, I'm just saying that in the event a clan loses its starting territory right away, it can still use it's allies' territories as a base.

And I'm glad to be part of your amazing idea, CF. I'm really into things like this.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
not sure say Im link clan and your pits clan I get knocked out (we all know that the pits wont be taken out ha ha) you would have every area that your home base could go to if I spawn on your home base I couldn't move because I would be locked in by your path/places. But I do like the idea of sharing stages that you own with allies

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
I updated the first post but forgot the colors. Oh well. This clan war thing is going great. Any clans say yes yet? I can manage clan start points on the map and such.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Not yet but I only sent it during lunch I went into every clan I could find and told them to have there leader pm me and ill send them that first page I gave you guys.

Also on the map I know the best way it should look.
To whoever is making the map:
-Give each marker a number (that way its easier to know where people are attacking) you just say group 1 attack number 13.
-Make each of the markers the flag (its better that way)
-Put black "paths" between the markers so that people know that they can only attack places that connect.
-Undr the map in a banner kinda thing put all clans names and head shot of there guy next to there name.
-then as places are taken put the clan pix that owns that spot over that maker.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Can some one pm me a pix of the subspace map I can't find a complete one online. Or but mine on the comp

I don't think -Scrub-Proof: The Competitive Ike Thread: Take Cover Here! -MOTD: Jab! this clan- likes me very much I sent the invite but they just said "F*** you CorruptFate" so I think there out.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
1. Buni
2. Black or Green
3. San Diego, California, USA, Earth (lolz)
4 It's not a rule, but if members need help fighting a certain char, than other members can suggest people to train against that use that char.
5. I don't know my Wii friend code

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Corrupt fate. You should make it a giant risk game where people in the clan represent the pieces that move on the board and instead of getting more units, the more territory thats gained clans get a certain amount of points. Just food for thought for your idea.

Top Bottom