• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Army 2: The Comeback

kown

Smash Lord
I don't think that's a good idea, as it would make the clan too internally competitive if everyone were fighting to outrank everyone else.
while a clan is used for making new ideas, we have alrdy established that it would be too hard to face other character clans. And by making it more challenging would only make the pit community better competitively. This wont cause any verbal fights ( if thats what ur worried about) rather it will make the loser try to become better. While becoming better we learn more undiscovered techs. i don't see that as bad at all.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
That's an excellent point...I think ranks should simply be determined by experience, how active you are, and how much you contribute.

EDIT: I was refferring to Sesshomuronay; Kown posted while I was typing.

And Kown, all I'm saying is that ranking shouldn't be influenced too much by how many matches you win, because it's not very practical to film every single match and thus it's not easy to determine who actually wins the most matches.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Don't we have an alliance with Link clan? We can pratice against them. Or do you guys know any other active clans?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the honor system would work. The pit community seems nice in general. Although some players are better in person and some are better online. Lets say a guy beats everyone online but places 13th in a tournament frequently, but a player who loses online matches ranks in the top 4 consistantly. See the issue here. I know it will come up. However challenging ppl frequently is a good way to keep the clan active.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
We do have an alliance with a Link Clan. We shouldn't have any tournaments yet. We should have "Training sessions" to get the less experienced people better.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
...I give training sessions. And oddly enough I think only one or two of you lot are Undrlings of mine. A few are ready to "graduate". At which point I'll take a quick break from teaching and then offer time slots for new people. ^_^

kown

Smash Lord
yes u still owe me lessons. ive been waiting for u to get on aim.
note: everyone should take lessons from him. The biggest help i got from him was how to think in game.

I also think im better than undr haha. we will never know.

kupo15

Smash Hero
ok, underdog, ill take some lessons. I wouldn't mind having a second opinion. I'm pretty sure that I am free tomorrow night. If not, then definitely this week.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I only give lessons Friday Afternoon and Saturday. As a disclaimer though things may come up that could cause me to break my obligations. I suppose making that known will help in the matter.

And kown I'll do my best to get to ya. You come first this weekend if I'm able to do anything at all. >_<

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well thanks, though I'm not sure it's worth thanking me over. lol

On a side note my fourth Compilation Video just finished uploading on to YouTube! lol

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
1. FzroX or SHFFL
2. not Green or Red
3. Doesn't really matter (you can still figure it out though)
4. You don't have to play Pit all the time, like in IDK Wi-Fi battles for real
5. 2234-6891-3832

So I play Pit and Fox equally, so dont be surprised if you see me play fox. Also I like to think I play a good pit but I may be wrong :(. If you want to play or practice just let me know PM or aim. Also my Wi-Fi has like no lag, and have played ppl in europe with very little problems so location doesn't matter really.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I think it should be a rule that anyone of the rank General (maybe Major) or above should give training sessions.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I wasn't really thinking about it that specifically; I just felt that the high-rankers were the most qualified to be trainers.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
So, I'll move people to the 3 "General" slots if they want to give training sessions. This is an example of how you get promoted. Tell me if you want on. If I get more than 3, I'll look at your vids on YouTube and see what is needed in training.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Clan Ideas (people were talking about what we should do)

-Woot Im getting a clan vid up from the turrny so people can finally see me play. Not my best fight the guy I was against is like 3rd in state.

-Undr I would love to take some classes, but I work every fday so if its cool with you sday training?

-Also this is just an idea I had an idea and pm'ed it to gimpy some time ago, but he didn't send anything back. Any way I want to through this out there but would require some work but I think if would be worth it.

It works much like the game Planet side if you ever played it if not heres how it goes.

We take a pix of the subspace map photo shop it so every clan has a different "home base" and put some lines "paths" between the markers (you can only attack a "territory" that is on a path which connects to one that you control, then try to take "territories" from other clans.

Every clan has some where that would suit there guy (such as we would have skyworld but say mario who has many would pick 1) when attacking a place controlled by another team deffending team picks the stage, but if attacking team wins they get the "territory". To get more stages you take a teams "home base" and get the stage that goes with it, but you aren't eliminated until you have no places left.

This way having allies and enemies would make more of a difference. Allies could work together to surround enemy clans.

Also there would be some neutral places that would need to be taken by clans that have paths that lead to it.

-Rules:
~The photo would be updated every week or so and every clan would have a copy of it.
~Clans would but half the members (this may require a cap on clan size) of offense and half on defense only offense can attack and only defense can defend (duh). As many offense players can attack 1 place as wanted but same with defense. Ex. 3 offensive pits attack a place controlled by a toon link clan with 1 person defending that spot each pit would take them on 1 at a time or do a teams battle. (This part might need to be changed)
~Honor code would need to be in place because teams would need to be talking ideas in there respective threads so no looking at others first page where plans and what not would be put by clan leaders.
~There might be more problems so let me know if you see any and we can fix it.
~Rewards: Bragging rights, if the mods would do somthing for the winners clan that would be cool too but I don't know about that.

-What do you guys think? I know that this could be hard, but I think this could be a better way to have clan things instead of just playing each other and practice with allied clans. If you guys think this is good enough to work I'll ask the other clan leaders to PM me so I can send them this and they can talk it over with there clans and get back to me.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I think that this is one of the best clan ideas that I've ever heard. If this happens I just might join a clan so I can participate.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
-Woot Im getting a clan vid up from the turrny so people can finally see me play. Not my best fight the guy I was against is like 3rd in state.

-Undr I would love to take some classes, but I work every fday so if its cool with you sday training?

-Also this is just an idea I had an idea and pm'ed it to gimpy some time ago, but he didn't send anything back. Any way I want to through this out there but would require some work but I think if would be worth it.

It works much like the game Planet side if you ever played it if not heres how it goes.

We take a pix of the subspace map photo shop it so every clan has a different "home base" and put some lines "paths" between the markers (you can only attack a "territory" that is on a path which connects to one that you control, then try to take "territories" from other clans.

Every clan has some where that would suit there guy (such as we would have skyworld but say mario who has many would pick 1) when attacking a place controlled by another team deffending team picks the stage, but if attacking team wins they get the "territory". To get more stages you take a teams "home base" and get the stage that goes with it, but you aren't eliminated until you have no places left.

This way having allies and enemies would make more of a difference. Allies could work together to surround enemy clans.

Also there would be some neutral places that would need to be taken by clans that have paths that lead to it.

-Rules:
~The photo would be updated every week or so and every clan would have a copy of it.
~Clans would but half the members (this may require a cap on clan size) of offense and half on defense only offense can attack and only defense can defend (duh). As many offense players can attack 1 place as wanted but same with defense. Ex. 3 offensive pits attack a place controlled by a toon link clan with 1 person defending that spot each pit would take them on 1 at a time or do a teams battle. (This part might need to be changed)
~Honor code would need to be in place because teams would need to be talking ideas in there respective threads so no looking at others first page where plans and what not would be put by clan leaders.
~There might be more problems so let me know if you see any and we can fix it.
~Rewards: Bragging rights, if the mods would do somthing for the winners clan that would be cool too but I don't know about that.

-What do you guys think? I know that this could be hard, but I think this could be a better way to have clan things instead of just playing each other and practice with allied clans. If you guys think this is good enough to work I'll ask the other clan leaders to PM me so I can send them this and they can talk it over with there clans and get back to me.
I think the awesomeness of this idea overrides the difficulty of carrying it out. I say we go for it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Sweet thanks Ryazan you guys are the first ones I've gone over this with so I wanta know what you all think and if its worth it. (btw billythegoat is my friend (real life friend) I didn't tell him to say that but don't listen to him he just likes to fallow me around smash boards

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'll see what I can do for lessons. For the moment I'm going to deny any requests until I get some more room. lol

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
FZeroX and EternalPhoenixFire, you guys are in. CorruptFate, great idea!!! You're getting a promotion.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
FZeroX and EternalPhoenixFire, you guys are in. CorruptFate, great idea!!! You're getting a promotion.
WOOOOT! lol

undr: K let me know when a spot opens up.

But ya do most people like the idea? I would like to get it going but I want some sort of vote if people think its worth it

Also can we just be Palutena's Army it fits better in my sig?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure we ARE just called Palutena's Army. We only have that thread title because it's a new Palutena's Army.

I don't know how to make banners, but if anyone in the clan does I think they should makes some Palutena's army banners for us to use.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
After the split, the two clans crashed. For the idea, anyone that wants to vote can PM me. But everyone that I have seen likes the idea.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
so far ya people like it its just that i posted it last night a like 9ish so i want at least a few days to hear what people think or find flaws with it so I can fix them.

Top Bottom