• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Army 2: The Comeback

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well Sagemoon has placed 2nd place in like, every tournament he's ever gone to. And I'm just pure amazing plus I have had 38 students (Undrlings) I've given lessons to so far.

I hunger for points! RAWR!

Ryazan

Smash Ace
At least there is now a legit reason for everyone to have the rank they have...but it might become difficult to keep track of.

Undr, your videos are godly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I don't like this points system. What if someone can't go to tournaments? Online tournaments are nothing like in person ones which are better and show more skill. I feel online tournaments are just like picking banned stages for in person tourneys, both players are handicapped to the random amounts of lag. Plus, some characters have an advantage in laggy gameplay than others. Pit is not one of them.

This is not my situation but if I can't go to tourneys and hate online ones, then the only way to move up in the ranks is through posting information not entirely valuable to the evolution of Pit.

As underdog said, it seems that rankings in this clan is not based off of skill and contribution to further Pits metagame. This is what I don't agree with because it doesn't give Pit players a goal to get better

kown

Smash Lord
This is a new version of the old Palutena's Army clan. Our old clan split and a friend and I started it new again. The clan has no requirements to join, just tell us a bit about yourself. The goal is to learn how to play as the character Pit competitively. He is an easy character to learn, but takes time to master. We will be focusing on learning to control him and his attacks. Our clan will have no member limit and you will be accepted as long as you are consistently active. The rankings for our clan are as follows: two Marshalls, three Generals, five Majors, seven Captains, nine Lieutenants, ten Sergeants, and the rest are Privates. Your rank does not depend on skill alone, it is how active you are, how much you help out new players, and more. Hope you enjoy being in Palutena's Army and happy Smashing!

Members List:
Marshalls
1. Leonhart, Leon, Green, None
2. Kotahlicious, Kotah, Gold, 5069-3607-3044
Generals: Min 100
Majors: Min 70
Captains: Min 50
Lieutenants: Min 20
1. 47-CorruptFate, Fate, Black, 5412-9625-4734
2. 43-Ryazan, Ryaz, Gold, None
3. 24-Kown, Kown, Blue, 4983-4607-9028
4. 22-UndrDog, (Unknown), White, 4167-4150-0270 (But they don’t play)
Sergeants: Min 10
1. 18-Sagemoon, Sage, Blue, 3265-4774-9716
2. 12-Kupo15, Kupo, White, 3952-6775-4225
3. 10-ChokE, Choke, Black, 3609-1044-1666 (Subject to change)
Privates: Min 0
1. 8-hugglebunny, buni, Black or Green, 0001-3165-8406
2. 6-Phazon Dude, Phazn, Black, 3523-1726-3081
3. 5-Rhyfelwyr, Rhy, Green, 0688-4954-7060
4. 5-Mysteryfox1, MYpit, Gold, 0130-1795-5535
5. 4-Ryos4, Negi, Blue, 3952-6726-3327
6. 3-teh pwns the, Dendr, Green, 1075-0562-7182
7. 2-Clear171, Clear, White, 3265-4740-7143
8. 2-FzeroX, FzeroX or SHFFL, Anything BUT Green or Red, 2234-6891-3832
9. 2-ElementalP, Lmnop, Red, 2105-8517-2642
10. 2-ssj5goten, ssj5, Black, 1504-4965-8593
11. 1-Demontree, Ruki, Black, None
12. 1-Sir Lucario, Skip, Black, 3437-3042-1785
13. 1-Eternal phoenix Fire, (Unknown), Black, 0645-5429-2013

Rules
1. No flaming
2. Contribute
3. Be mature and respectful
4. Appreciate others
5. Regularly update the first post, (note to self)
6. Have fun
7. Train against others if possible
8. No items
9. Criticize constructively

Alliances
1. Twilight Heroes, Link
2. Green Thunder, Luigi
3. Mushroom Heroes, Mario
to be fair ive never actually done anything to this site. I really dont deserve being in the place i am. so i should be placed as a peon (new category). Kupo has done way more to the pit community than majority of the ppl here. Also Im glad someone finally realizes that my importance is greater than undrdogs. haha i dont know how i got my 24 points but however i did it works!

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
you know kown, the more thread you post, the faster you will get promoted. So keep up the great work and post more.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
you know kown, the more thread you post, the faster you will get promoted. So keep up the great work and post more.
lol, I was just playing around when I was talking about the point system...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya the point system isn't the best one. The ranking in general is kind of a unneeded pain they don't mean anything and its to hard to see how good a person is or anything like that. (i'm high up and you guys have never seen my pit or any vids of mine) all we need is someone to make the first post of the members list and what not, and the people in the clan

Also what did you mean by stages on different points? Did you mean I give each marker a stage that you fight on, or you collect stages like we origanally said?

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
To Kupo15, The tournament points aren't that big.
Kown, it's because you post!
ChokE, you're right.
UndrDog, I didn't know that.
CorruptFate, I know, and I'm taking suggestions.
Kown, you're right too.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The best method (and the most fun as I'm sure violence will ensue) is to discuss and vote on the matter of ranking.

EDIT: I'll start it off by saying that ChokE is the worst Pit player on the boards. ^_^

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
The best method (and the most fun as I'm sure violence will ensue) is to discuss and vote on the matter of ranking.

EDIT: I'll start it off by saying that ChokE is the worst Pit player on the boards. ^_^
That is evil Undrdog. I will start saying that Undr is the second worst player on the boards. :p

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Have you SEEN his vids?

Also, about the ranks, I say BEGONE, VILE SPAWN OF SATAN!!! The ranks are unnecessary and will only lead to jealousy. We know who our leader is; that's all that really matters. I would prefer that rank depends on skill as a player, but since not everyone is capable of proving to everyone else how skilled they are, the next best option is to have two ranks: leader and everyone else.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol ChokE

Anyway this is far too confusing. I'm just going to switch my main to Cubone. They have a pretty nice clan.

Clear171

Smash Cadet
If you want an easy way to do rankings, first i would put known good pit users at the top. Then you could have a system where you move up by challenging members who are higher than you to a best of five Pit ditto. I realize this values internet players over tourney players and lag can be an issue, but this clan exists solely by the internet and I would guess most battles between clan members would be wifi battles.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
If you want an easy way to do rankings, first i would put known good pit users at the top. Then you could have a system where you move up by challenging members who are higher than you to a best of five Pit ditto. I realize this values internet players over tourney players and lag can be an issue, but this clan exists solely by the internet and I would guess most battles between clan members would be wifi battles.
A good number of us have no wi-fi. It would also require Leonhart to keep track and update often, and I would prefer not to give him that burden.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree. I for one don't care about wifi and have no will to become good at it. So if this is wifi heavy, then I am afraid to say that I have to resign also.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
I think that we should have an inner-clan tournament, to decide the ranking. (except it doesn't matter what place leonhart is, since he will always be leader). After the tournament, we can just challenge people i front of us in rankings to get their places.

Ranking should always be about skill, not post counts

EDIT: Clear171 srry if you think i copied your idea, kind of just skimmed over th posts, didn't read them, i tried coming up with an idea

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't care about updating a list daily. It's easy. The inner-clan tourney isn't a bad idea, except that half of us don't have WiFi. I don't think that WiFi is very fair anyways because of the lag and all. Kupo15, don't leave. Sagemoon, we'd be glad to have you back whenever you're ready. Now that I think about it, no ranking system. Ever.

kown

Smash Lord
when u say no ranking system you mean only the points right? I also think there should be in clan (pits only) battles. just have a saparate group of guys who do play wifi battle. I mean if theres more than 20 guys i think it could and should work.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I am pretty sure you found new ways to cause chaos Undr. ^_^ I dont really care for rank, but i do like the sound of Captain Choke.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Then I'm Captain Wow... (cookie to the first person to tell me where I got that quote)

EDIT: I'll tell you if you get it right. Otherwise you fail. ^_^ Oh and don't spam up the thread just guessing. =P

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Ryazan. I think that the ranks will just cause trouble, although, admitedly, I didn't see it first. Undr, you will certainly be able to cause trouble...

Ryazan

Smash Ace
That's no problem for Undr. Now he'll simply cause trouble by whining about how there's no ranks. And then we'll reestablish ranks and he'll whine about how low he is. And then we'll make him the leader and he'll whine about how he's only the leader because he whines so much. And then Leonhart will get fed up, force Undr to play on wi-fi and own his *** until his Wii explodes. And then Leonhart will be the leader again and Undr will shut up because he will be unable to speak in the presence of his awesomeness.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
No offense but undr is actually really good so ummm yeah.. You dont have to like him, but calling him a noob is lol.
I didn't say he was bad, I just said Leonhart is probably better. Besides, the whole thing was pretty much a joke.

EDIT: Yay, I'm the 400th post!

Top Bottom