• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*P*L*U*R* presents: You still a *****! A Melee/Brawl LOW TIER tourney! 8/15!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
THE NEW DATE IS 8/15. I KNOW I TOLD YOU GUYS ON SHORT NOTICE AND I'M REALLY SORRY BUT I JUST REMEMBERED THAT I WILL BE SPENDING AT THE VERY LEAST, THAT DAY WITH MY GIRLFRIEND, AS WE HAVE BEEN GOING OUT FOR SIX MONTHES AND I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS KIND OF THING IS FOR HER. I DON'T WANT HER TO THINK A **** VIDEO GAME IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN SHE IS. SORRY! D:

Brawl Low Tiers
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

Melee Low Tiers
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2

Location/Contact Info
The Loft Apartments
200 Loft Lane Apt 6
Raleigh, NC 27609

We're pretty much just off of Six Forks near the intersection of Six Forks and Millbrook.

If you get lost, are late, or anything else call/text me at 252-469-3764.

$5 Door fee
$5 Entry for all singles events
$10 Entry for all doubles events

60/30/10

Bring a set-up to get the door fee waived! That means console/game/TV. :D

Schedule
Registration starts at 11 with Melee starting at 12.
Melee should be done by 3 or 4. Which means after Melee singles, you guys can take an hour to get food. Brawl will start soon afterwards

Hopefully everything will fall into place from there without running too late into the night because I will probably have to work the next day.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is handled by the Gentleman's Rule.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 70 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Couterpicks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

One of these doesn't belong.... >_> <_<

Set-ups
*P*L*U*R* - 1 Cube, 1 Melee, 1 Ikaruga, 3-4 TVs

House Rules
Shoes off at the door.
Smoking(Legal) get done outside.
Smoking(illegal) gets done downstairs if you're willing to share with my stoner roommates and in your own **** car if not.
In general though, unless its cool with my roomies stay away from downstairs unless you're going to the bathroom.
Don't hurt the cats
Don't make any huge messes
No johns
Ladies get in free(no door fee!) so bring em!
Moar Beer, Ace!
Hey, don't dip out on the door fee. I've had people telling megan when she was collecting door fees that bringing your own controller waived the door fee. She's dumb so she'll believe that. Don't do that ****.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll see if I can make this.

I'll be getting ready for college by this point, so I dunno.

Pika or Roy, I just can't decide....

Lol crap I don't play anyone other than Marth in Brawl.

Edit: I heard the title of this tournament from PLUR a few times last weekend. =p

lord karn

Smash Master
Ummmm, is Peach low tier? If she is I'll probably team with David in brawl, but otherwise, sure, both games.

Foxy

Smash Master
i hope i can make this, depends on otakon/orientation/college/other trips, but if i don't have other plans i will 100% be there.

zelda and ness fo sho

you know how i deal with *****es with zelda.

Foxy

Smash Master
i might even enter brawl at this because low-tier brawl is neat

i have no idea who is low tier though, lol

probably ike, zelda, and jiggs.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i ll probably make this... but i request plur that u allow sonic for this tourney, everyone can agree he is low tier material

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

Sonic is C tier

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wow

I can use Zelda, Ike, Mario, Ness, Samus, Jiggs, Falcon, and Ganon all somewhat well

LETS DO THIS THING

Seven vii

Smash Rookie
bahh i think im going to be up in maryland visiting my brother that weekend, if not im definitely coming

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
NO SONIC???? i guess im going lucas, and ima enter melee for this and use link, lol he was my main when i played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom