• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Melee Tourney!! August 16th! Mango and Silent Wolf Team Confirmed!

Shroomed

Smash Master
can't we all just get along? We need that barney theme song up in here

I love you, you love me......**** it, fight fight!!!! Lol jk I'm bored as ****

replicate

Smash Lord
who knows

P you should definitely go to this tournament.

Kouryuu, you shouldn't worry about what P says on the internet because everybody in the united states knows he's a d!ck on the boards. Fighting won't prove anything, you both sound like little kids right now.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm really digging smash right now and i'm thinking i'll find a way to come to this

otto, mm me for $5 each if i come:

my marth your fox
my sheik your marth

whaddya say

and i'll be taking $5 mms from anyone and everyone with my sheik and marth :)

embracethe12

Smash Lord
pretty sure me and nes are gunna take melee doubles.

and P lets get those sheik dittos on. MM on red sheik after some friendlies?:)

embracethe12

Smash Lord
okay, though i'm debating about switching to green sheik and green marth. ;)
oh yeah? i actually realized i like white sheik better and pick red sheik out of laziness.
you see when i pick i just slide my finger from A to X. I end up getting second color by default and it's usually red for almost all the characters. lol

mio

Smash Ace
Does someone wanna give me a ruleset and details for this to post on the AiB tournament thread? I'm pretty sure this is good to go.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Super Smash Bros. Melee

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is banned

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great B

mio

Smash Ace
Sweet. Now all I need to know is the estimated hours/schedule for each tournament, registration costs and the payout percentage for prizes.

I would prefer if Melee singles went on during Brawl doubles and Melee doubles during Brawl singles. I think that will be the best way to prevent two simultaneous matches for an individual player that enters both.

mio

Smash Ace
Well I'm not running this tournament, I'm just posting the rules. I'm pretty sure Pat, Lovage and other volunteer Melee players are running it so it's their decision.

Is there gonna be recording equipment? And is there gonna be recording equipment at your house Pat? I want to record everything I do for my video lol.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if someone can get me to pats house sunday and home before 4pm monday, I can record up to 6 hours of matches :)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Problem is, I have no ride to Pat's (if he lets me come over) and I can only record via camcorder, if I record via tape, the matches will never meet youtube =/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I hate you Joey, now there's no reason for anyone to drive me to Pat's so i can play SW

killer tofu

Smash Lord
oh yeah? i actually realized i like white sheik better and pick red sheik out of laziness.
you see when i pick i just slide my finger from A to X. I end up getting second color by default and it's usually red for almost all the characters. lol
that;s pretty much what i do for falco :)

Anything I record I'm taking with me, I don't like matches of me being uploaded. I'm bringing a bunch of my own tapes. My plan's to make a Falco combo/tech skill video.

Top Bottom