• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Melee Tourney!! August 16th! Mango and Silent Wolf Team Confirmed!

mio

Smash Ace
Mio, Your tourney is gonna ****. Can the venue even hold everyone?
This is my problem. With as many people as there are gonna be, I'm not sure how much space I'm going to have. There are 99 planned Brawl attendees, and I would conservatively estimate 32 Melee attendees. On top of that, Silent Wolf will probably attract more Brawl/Melee/Spectators so we have to consider that as well. If everything goes the way it seems, we may have close to 150 people at the event. I haven't checked the exact capacity of the gallery, so that's why I haven't definitively given the "OK" for Melee yet (although I really want it to happen and I won't forbid you guys from doing it).

The venue is not as big as the gym at Nexus... I'd say it's 2/3 the size of that or a little less. I'm planning on having at least 8 stations for Brawl, and for Melee I think 4 would be good. Unless I make sure to pack it in sort of tight, there probably won't be a whole lot of room for casuals. As long as everyone is aware of this and willing to support my decision after the fact, it'll be fine. I need to talk to the venue owner one more time, talk to Pat/Lovage/other Melee organizers about details and straighten everything out. I'll make the confirmation in this thread ASAP.

It'll be good though, and there is NOT a time limit on the venue lol

If there's not a time limit on the venue, then it doesn't matter nearly as much, unless everyone there wants to play as much as me lol. 32 Melee players? That'd be amazing. I want to do sets with everyone.

mio

Smash Ace
I was at Nexus and I saw how it was run. They waited for extremely long periods of time (for no reason) between matches, didn't use several of their TVs, and did not make good use of their 8+ whatever person staff. I hope to cut this down and I'll try my best with what I have, but there's only so much I can do.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
trust, everyone is WAAAY too into playing playing and enjoying and getting better at melee to discuss brawl. no one cares about brawl. only queers like kouryuuxfighter or something would obsess and discuss something they claim not to like.
P, I honestly don't know who the **** you think you are but you sure love to belittle/insult me every chance you get, huh?

It's funny how some people feel so safe behind their computer screens and get keyboard courage to type in anything they want. Your all talk, P. A genuine joke.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no need to make it personal over the internets. you wanna make it personal, i'll be more than glad to do it in person. in your face. talk to me over AIM, we'll set a date. i'm very very down for this.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
no need to make it personal over the internets. you wanna make it personal, i'll be more than glad to do it in person. in your face. talk to me over AIM, we'll set a date. i'm very very down for this.
All I'm saying is... if your going to talk this much **** over the internet, then you better back your **** up the next time I see you. Grow a pair of balls and say it to my face. I'm aware that your not too fond of me. I really don't care. But you seriously don't know when to shut the **** up.

So I'm going to say this now; I don't care who you are, how tough you think you are, if you **** with me, I will F*CKing KNOCK YOU OUT.

/END.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I very well might be coming to this, if so, is there anyone who could house me?

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
steven do u need a ride?

and my house kind of *****, so ill ask if all of 805 + whoever else wants to can stay the night(s)

Shroomed

Smash Master
why does this have to be 6 hours away!!!! ID SO B THERE /cry

i can't wait to go to UCLA, norcal doesn't have enough tourneys

Top Bottom