• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ownapalooza XII Tournament - Concord, CA - January 9th, 2011

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
also i'd like to know who is guaranteed to be there and willing to bring a laptop? i'd like to get this sorted out soon. i know brandon has tio on his laptop but that's a recording set up so i'd rather not ask him.
I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to this. I can't guarantee i'll be there, but i'll bring my laptop if I go and it can be used for the bracket or whatever else you need. I've already got tio and all that **** on there

IcyMinhtos

Smash Rookie
I think I might go to this to see everyone again.

Miles if you're driving can I hitch a ride too? If not, then Zhu you can come with me :)

It's Minh btw

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Yo this is my last Norcal tourney, so if you've always dreamed of having Gishnak as your partner, here's your chance. (I need a teammate)

Also fvck sunday tourneys

Brian

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt sure if i was gonna go, but ill probably try to make it to see gishnak one last time
depends on how hectic my thurs/fri/sat are though
would anyone be willing to drop me at bart at some point? I'd normally make sheridan do it but he isn't going to be here.

Violence

Smash Lord
Fuuuuck. I've just been informed that I'm apparently working this weekend. Sucks. I was really looking forward to this too.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
sure do it, but again i'm not going to be there for most of the tournament.

gkinfinity thank you man, but please be aware that letting the TOs use your laptop means that you voluntarily agreed to stay until your laptop is not needed for the tournament.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i could bring my laptop jason, its huge and has a huge ****

but id need to grab tio off someone

plus.. kevin whos side would you and bobby be on..

south baaaaaaaaaaaaay

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
sure do it, but again i'm not going to be there for most of the tournament.

gkinfinity thank you man, but please be aware that letting the TOs use your laptop means that you voluntarily agreed to stay until your laptop is not needed for the tournament.
Yeah I realize that. And I am going for sure at this point. I plan on staying the entire time anyway so it shouldn't be a problem though

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Wear shorts =D

WE have to find out what qualifies as west and east bay. I dont want to see any "we got lucien" "oh yea well we got zhu!" ****

pockyD

Smash Legend
why is it confusing?! san jose is the only 'confusing' location, and it's unlikely anyone from there will be participating

pick up a map!

Zoap

Smash Master
According to this there is no West bay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Bay_Area

I think perhaps that we could use the bridges: San Mateo and Bay Bridge as the divider. This means that I believe Kevin and Scar would be West Bay where as Brandon Phil and Darrell would be East. We could also do area codes with 510, 650/415, 925 and then 408 can play with whoever they associate with, AKA Pocky could play for 415/650 and Scar could play for 510.

In the end we should prob just draft crews to avoid this stuff, or we could do the traditional:

1,3,5,7,9,13 vs 2,4,5,7,9, 13

With 2 getting first pick from the 5th placers and 9th placers while second on the 7th placers.

pockyD

Smash Legend
naw man, you ain't gonna break up the me/scar/gishnak/tafokints dream team

also featuring sheridan

i don't get the east/west confusion though who/where are you in doubt about?

sidefx

Smash Champion
there is an east bay, there is a north bay, and there is a south bay.

WEST bay is really just called the peninsula. id say its from like.. redwood city, and over. all the way up to SF. maybe a bit of palo alto.. but i dunno.

thats all south bay to me really..

so maybe from belmont or san mateo and up.

pockyD

Smash Legend
there is an east bay, there is a north bay, and there is a south bay.

WEST bay is really just called the peninsula. id say its from like.. redwood city, and over. all the way up to SF. maybe a bit of palo alto.. but i dunno.

thats all south bay to me really..

so maybe from belmont or san mateo and up.
but i mean

if there was ONLY 'east vs west'

there would be zero question that florida is east

Top Bottom