• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ownapalooza XII Tournament - Concord, CA - January 9th, 2011

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Hey guys, 24th sounds great, gonna try to come out, looking foreword to it! Will try to grab narfanator to come up, as well.
Hey Jason, are you off balance in cube/wii or tv count? I can help fill in for either, or both if you are low.
TVs and systems are greatly appreciated. please bring both thanks!

ill bring a tv and a wii
Thank you bro!

Bring both if you can, the more tvs and systems the better.
nobody asked you LOL jk. yeahh hostility's right though.

good sh.t haha.

there's a pretty close station i think

i think the closest mite b dublin/pleasanton
i cud b wrong tho
*buzzer* it's the concord station..i'm not sure how the bus schedule works though..unless you're gonna be picked up..which would definitely be easier.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Just to give you guys a shortened run down of what's going on.

UPDATE THERE WILL BE NO VENUE FEE! THE VENUE FEE WAS FOR GENESIS.. NOW THERE IS NO VENUE FEE. BUT THE VENUE IS ONLY FREE IF WE BUY FOOD. SO PLEASE PEOPLE! BUY FOOD!

Times and scheduling stuff:
10am doors open.
1030am sign ups start. 1130am sign up end.
12pm doubles touney starts.
Before doubles winners finals entry for singles is taken.
After doubles grand finals we will do melee singles.

Kapeesh? Kooo!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Honestly brian I would make a quick run to pick you up but I need to be at the tourney..if but if I see an opening to run to get you I will..IM me your cell phone number kid.

joeplicate

Smash Master
heeells yeah

who wants to have a hamburger-eating contest with me
or just enjoy eating a lot of food with me in general
<3 fuddruckers
best idea ever

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
ok, so Im hoping to be at the venue around 1030-11 . . . ish. If anyone is still in dire need of a ride from bart or somewhere north of concord I'll be down to help out with a ride. PM me or post here with the address, along with your number in case I have a quick question. Or you can text me at 916-606-5658 if its like after 930 or so and I dont get the msg online.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
This tourney was pretty fun.

Results:
1. Falcomist
2. HomeMadeWaffles
3. Tofu
4. Bob$
5. Replicate
5. Sheridan

Edit: I honestly want to thank everyone who showed up. Seriously. All the people who entered, all the people who played friendlies and didn't enter, all the people who brought set ups (this is a big THANK YOU), waffles for recording, zoap for seeding and funkin with the brackets...if I forgot anyone please tell me haha.

PS: thanks to all who brought food! Kevin, the manager, said we are welcome again. Luckily this is a going to be a monthly event not biweekly so you guys won't be spending money that often if you show up, haha.

PS²: I'm either gonna have another one 6/14 OR 6/28. I need feed back for which day is better, plus I need to see if it's available because fudd's gets booked pretty quick haha.

Thanks again yall.

Cytos

Smash Rookie
Thanks dude for running this it was hella fun! This is carlos btw, I hardly post.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
good job to brandan and justin for giving everybody one hell of a finals/grand finals to watch

shoutouts:

justin- ur hella good. ur marth did crazy *** combos dude grats on winning tourney
darkatma- im a fan of ur shiek dude. u kick ***. and move back to norcal. we need a shiek of ur calibur
zeldafreak- good job in taking a match off replicate. ur fox is the business
replicate- ur technical as ****. ill teach u fox dittos sometime ^_^ grats on winning teams
julian- u got hella better. i wanna see u enter more tournaments tho
cubaisdeath- dude i thought you were pc chris when i saw you lol
bobmoney- its good to see u back in the scene again.... again!
tofu- if u dont wanna get grabbed/thrown off the ledge... then stop aproaching brandan when hes camping at the ledge! and spam more. ur pretty good.
hostility- its good finally getting to meet u again. ur hella good and ur falco combo's pretty well
sheridan- u have alot of characters i iddnt know about lol. grats on winning teams!
kenny and richard- u guys are awesome. thats all that needs to be said
everybody else that i played- ur all so good. norcal is so good man. im so glad we dont suck as much as socal does!

lucien- hostility told me what happened to your family. its cool if u dont come to tournaments for a while bro.

Shroomed

Smash Master
good job to brandan and justin for giving everybody one hell of a finals/grand finals to watch

shoutouts:

justin- ur hella good. ur marth did crazy *** combos dude grats on winning tourney
darkatma- im a fan of ur shiek dude. u kick ***. and move back to norcal. we need a shiek of ur calibur
zeldafreak- good job in taking a match off replicate. ur fox is the business
replicate- ur technical as ****. ill teach u fox dittos sometime ^_^ grats on winning teams
julian- u got hella better. i wanna see u enter more tournaments tho
cubaisdeath- dude i thought you were pc chris when i saw you lol
bobmoney- its good to see u back in the scene again.... again!
tofu- if u dont wanna get grabbed/thrown off the ledge... then stop aproaching brandan when hes camping at the ledge! and spam more. ur pretty good.
hostility- its good finally getting to meet u again. ur hella good and ur falco combo's pretty well
sheridan- u have alot of characters i iddnt know about lol. grats on winning teams!
kenny and richard- u guys are awesome. thats all that needs to be said
everybody else that i played- ur all so good. norcal is so good man. im so glad we dont suck as much as socal does!

lucien- hostility told me what happened to your family. its cool if u dont come to tournaments for a while bro.
but me and julian won teams not JOEPLICATE

lol

Shroomed

Smash Master
this summer is about to be so boring if there arent more of these + if u guys dont come to san pablo and smash with us!!!!!!!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
at genesis u should walk around telling ppl that ur pc chris haha

maybe everybody would like automatically forfeit to u in tournament, causing u to be in the grandfinals with mango lol

darkatma

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

This tourney was pretty great, I was hella inconsistent the whole time though. Sometimes my sheik would be losing to havok (and germ's falco) and other times it would be doing cool stuff to JR and taking matches off falcomist.

Havok: You started the first match way too early I was hella unready lol. We didnt even turn FoD on. No johns tho you won that first match solid. Good set, I finally got to try out my falco in tourney :D

Justin: Nice seeing you again. Yeah I improved a bit I dont even know how, since I don't live around good people lol. We had a good set, I got hella excited after I beat you first match. Then i got scared into falco dittos, forgetting you have hella falco ditto practice. But yeah ggs see you next year or winter break or something. Good stuff winning even though I know you were really off that whole day coz your mind was elsewhere.

JR(KFC): Awesome friendlies, you still have an amazing fox and marth. The doubleshines into my shield against falco was like wtf technical. You should team with me next time :D Zeldafreak and I team pretty poorly lol because we're both peach mains originally, and I do best with sheikfox. Also you should've joined singles lol, iono why you didn't. Tired johns not legit.

WWJasonD: thanks for hosting this awesome tourney. Hopefully you know the fremont people now :p It's HMW, Julian, Me and Zeldafreak basically. Only HMW goes to tournies here consistently, the rest of us are good but suck at making it to tournies lol.

HMW: <3 your doc is awesome. I'm so happy I didnt have to play you or shroomed in tourney for singles. Sorry for being hella gay and going double peach jungle japes, hope you'll forgive us for that :p I'm known for double peach jungle japes because that helped us win the set vs Colbol Lambchopz at the first Event 52. Third match was crazy intense, good **** Germ for winning it 2 on 1 though.

Germ: Your falco ***** my sheik =[ You played way more solid than I did. I wish our set was recorded though, then we could upload and tell pink shinobi that peach camping is not legit and there are better ways to play. The stitchface 3rd match won me the set :D Now I can go back to the midwest and thank the link main there for all the peach link practice :p Good **** in teams beating us 2 on 1 at the end.

Sheridan: Puff sucks =[

Julian: Thanks for all the fox practice lols. Even though you still **** me it helped a lot in tourney overall. I bet you dont even read this anymore nub. Just coz I post all your posts for you coz you live like 3 mins away lol

Shroomed: We took the bus because we knew San Pablo is always late. Thanks for the ride back tho

VANS: Nice seeing you again. Going to Davis next weekend probs

Jason(Zeldafreak) Lol nub you were up 2 stocks to 1 on replicate 2nd match. Then you go and lose. Sorry for telling you to go peach 3rd, clearly you weren't warmed up with her at all.

Casey/Alan: San Pablo people are awesome I would smash with you guys all the time if i could. <3 (kinda homo)

tofu: where are you currently residing so that we may play sometime?

<3 norcal, i dun wanna go back to the midwest

joeplicate

Smash Master
Jason(Zeldafreak) Lol nub you were up 2 stocks to 1 on replicate 2nd match. Then you go and lose. Sorry for telling you to go peach 3rd, clearly you weren't warmed up with her at all.
johns

good **** zeldafreak, you gave me a real sweat when I wasn't warmed up lol

everyone in our car, good ****

german, I love you dude. I'm so scared of your falco, too!

shroomed and julian, my least favorite team to lose to. get you next time

kfc, I don't wanna hear those tired johns, not legit! You better step it up son, you saw that comeback I did! Fight through it!

Jason, thanks for running an amazing tournament, fuddruckers was mad tasty too

eric and tommy, <3 you guys

good **** everybody

Top Bottom